Welcome to Gaia! ::

. 1 100.0% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
https://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/Gilens%20homepage%20materials/Gilens%20and%20Page/Gilens%20and%20Page%202014-Testing%20Theories%203-7-14.pdf

Do you agree?

Try to read at least some of the paper before replying!
******** "A", this is the Extended Discussion. Learn about the topic and provide your OWN insight into it. Give us something to discuss. This ******** link-dumping bullshit has seriously got to stop.

Fanatical Zealot

That article said "empirical evidence" like dozens of times, but when I looked for it it was either non-existent, a clearly biased source, or literally an opinion, defining their own concept of what said government type was and then by taking a few characteristics of our economy, deciding that our government must fit that one as a result.

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[******** "A", this is the Extended Discussion. Learn about the topic and provide your OWN insight into it. Give us something to discuss. This ******** link-dumping bullshit has seriously got to stop.
Do you know what "spam" is, as defined under thread rules? dramallama

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Suicidesoldier#1
That article said "empirical evidence" like dozens of times, but when I looked for it it was either non-existent, a clearly biased source, or literally an opinion, defining their own concept of what said government type was and then by taking a few characteristics of our economy, deciding that our government must fit that one as a result.

Okay. I'm glad you thought so, too. I thought maybe I was just an idiot because this is a paper from Princeton that got published, and I wasn't seeing it because... I'm not a Princeton boy.

I think, if we were following it, we'd be more of a Plutocracy. I wouldn't say Americans are really suppressed/oppressed right now. Even so. We're no where near where we were when people argue we were a plutocracy--back when we had just freed slaves

Dapper Reveler

[******** "A"Why would you write it like that?

Fanatical Zealot

[******** "A"Why would you write it like that?

Nam.

Fanatical Zealot

Capa Branned-Alms
Suicidesoldier#1

Okay. I'm glad you thought so, too. I thought maybe I was just an idiot because this is a paper from Princeton that got published, and I wasn't seeing it because... I'm not a Princeton boy.

I think, if we were following it, we'd be more of a Plutocracy. I wouldn't say Americans are really suppressed/oppressed right now. Even so. We're no where near where we were when people argue we were a plutocracy--back when we had just freed slaves

Well, what you'll realize is that, a lot of times, people who write those things are just students at the time literally writing crap for the whoo of it who often denounce their earlier work, often as a joke, are saying something they want to believe in but can't really support so they try to throw prestige behind it, or the fact that they had a paid student take their place in class when they really only care about grades and thus a professional student takes all their tests and so on, so they really don't end up being that smart, just getting a slip of paper from the university essentially, when someone, who wrote their name down on their tests, took it for them. A lot of universities don't even care if the person who signed up for that class was that person. It happens a lot. xp

A lot of times the tests are actually out of class essays, so then it's really easy to get someone to tell you what to write or even do it for you. xp
[******** "A"Why would you write it like that?Because of reasons.

Heroic Hero

Sorry didn't read a lot, but going on this definition

oligarchy: a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.

Technically, a group of 535 officials in congress, a president, and a group of 9 Judges (though I guess the number goes way up if you include leaders of various bureaucratic agencies) is a small number comparatively speaking to a country with the population of 313.9 million as of 2012. Technically, elected officials when in office don't have to represent their constituents (many cases of elected officials changing sides or just doing what they want to do) and they can legislate what they want to. In that sense it is a small group of people that rule over a huge country, and that's not to mention back-door dealings that go on in congress and the fact that this group gets to determine the law for everybody else. But than again you also have to apply the same standard to each individual state and their own legislative bodies, but it is a small group of people running things. Oh yeah and consequently, what is an overwhelming trait of politicians? Good education and exceeding wealth, and this often times includes people with a background in Law if not lawyers themselves who understand the law while the layperson does not.

Garbage

Capa ******** "A", this is the Extended Discussion. Learn about the topic and provide your OWN insight into it. Give us something to discuss. This ******** link-dumping bullshit has seriously got to stop.[/quote]
Do you know what "spam" is, as defined under thread rules? :dramal
n8urv4c2:0="Capa ******** "A", this is the Extended Discussion. Learn about the topic and provide your OWN insight into it. Give us something to discuss. This ******** link-dumping bullshit has seriously got to stop.[/quote]
Making a thread with zero original content.

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cassidy Peterson
Capa ******** "A", this is the Extended Discussion. Learn about the topic and provide your OWN insight into it. Give us something to discuss. This ******** link-dumping bullshit has seriously got to stop.[/quote]
Do you know what "spam" is, as defined under thread rules? :dramal
n8urv4c2:1="Capa ******** "A", this is the Extended Discussion. Learn about the topic and provide your OWN insight into it. Give us something to discuss. This ******** link-dumping bullshit has seriously got to stop.[/quote]

Well, I didn't do that. So, why are you posting spam?

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bogotanian
Sorry didn't read a lot, but going on this definition

oligarchy: a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.

Technically, a group of 535 officials in congress, a president, and a group of 9 Judges (though I guess the number goes way up if you include leaders of various bureaucratic agencies) is a small number comparatively speaking to a country with the population of 313.9 million as of 2012. Technically, elected officials when in office don't have to represent their constituents (many cases of elected officials changing sides or just doing what they want to do) and they can legislate what they want to. In that sense it is a small group of people that rule over a huge country, and that's not to mention back-door dealings that go on in congress and the fact that this group gets to determine the law for everybody else. But than again you also have to apply the same standard to each individual state and their own legislative bodies, but it is a small group of people running things. Oh yeah and consequently, what is an overwhelming trait of politicians? Good education and exceeding wealth, and this often times includes people with a background in Law if not lawyers themselves who understand the law while the layperson does not.

While all of that is true... Nope. I've got nothing. The kid goes on and on, and it's hard for me to figure out what I think of it. I think the US is a s**t country that is ruled by people who (obviously) favor themselves, but I can't tell if this kid was making up reasons or not

Garbage

Capa Branned-Alms
Cassidy Peterson
Capa Branned-Alms

Link. Asking us if we agree with the link. Telling us to read the link.

Which of those three do you consider original content?

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Cassidy Peterson
Capa Branned-Alms
Cassidy Peterson
Capa Branned-Alms

Link. Asking us if we agree with the link. Telling us to read the link.

Which of those three do you consider original content?

Every word I wrote was ~original content~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces