Welcome to Gaia! ::

Riviera de la Mancha
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha
marshmallowcreampie
Riviera de la Mancha

Dont know about you, but I know a number of girls who lack the skills to hack it on their own. Hell, I am often better at sewing, cooking, and ironing than most women I meet.

Hehe, that's true too, though I imagine it might depend on where you live. And, of course, there are always exceptions. I don't meet a lot of guys OR girls who are particularly good at sewing or cooking.

That is because most young people, my generation included, grew up pretty lucky. In my family, you either learned to cook or you ate either PB&J because you sucked at cooking (my parents worked long hours growing up and did not get home til four or five, so lunch was on us). We also did not have the cash to go out and buy fitted clothes, so it was learn to sew or be fine with ill-fitting pants.

Skills are just not a big thing with people- they figure they can just pay people or google it when needed.

PB&J is ******** delicious though, so who really wins in the end?

PB&J is good, but when you have it day after day, it sucks big time.

Man, I eat it every day and it has yet to wear on my tastes.
Radpops
You might be a member of the MRA if you think the "invisible knapsack" is a bag worn by child Ugandan soldiers.

I don't even know what this term refers to.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha
marshmallowcreampie
Riviera de la Mancha

Dont know about you, but I know a number of girls who lack the skills to hack it on their own. Hell, I am often better at sewing, cooking, and ironing than most women I meet.

Hehe, that's true too, though I imagine it might depend on where you live. And, of course, there are always exceptions. I don't meet a lot of guys OR girls who are particularly good at sewing or cooking.

That is because most young people, my generation included, grew up pretty lucky. In my family, you either learned to cook or you ate either PB&J because you sucked at cooking (my parents worked long hours growing up and did not get home til four or five, so lunch was on us). We also did not have the cash to go out and buy fitted clothes, so it was learn to sew or be fine with ill-fitting pants.

Skills are just not a big thing with people- they figure they can just pay people or google it when needed.

Unless PBJ has everything you need nutritionally, you're at risk of malnutrition. sweatdrop
bitBlackmage
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha

Unless PBJ has everything you need nutritionally, you're at risk of malnutrition. sweatdrop

I eat other things. I am not a grognard.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
bitBlackmage
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha
The Sky Does Not Bow
Riviera de la Mancha

I eat other things. I am not a grognard.

Just checkin'. sweatdrop

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

The Sky Does Not Bow
Radpops
You might be a member of the MRA if you think the "invisible knapsack" is a bag worn by child Ugandan soldiers.

http://www.nymbp.org/reference/WhitePrivilege.pdf
Basically if groups such as MRA want to dismantle the whole unearned "privilege" notion, they should probably start with a work such as this one.
Radpops
The Sky Does Not Bow
Radpops

Basically if groups such as MRA want to dismantle the whole unearned "privilege" notion, they should probably start with a work such as this one.

okay well I know what white privilege is, just not what "invisible napsack" specifically refers to.

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

The Sky Does Not Bow
Radpops
The Sky Does Not Bow
Radpops

okay well I know what white privilege is, just not what "invisible napsack" specifically refers to.

Yeah I guessed I should have linked it when I mentioned it. XD
Riviera de la Mancha
Meroko_Love
Riviera de la Mancha
Will be checking into this, mostly because I have a feeling that its my favorite type of argument: battle stereotypes with stereotypes.

I'm not sure I follow.

Addressing a stereotype and, in so doing, affirming one.

I have yet to see the videos, but I assume the argument will be something like, 'People assume that men are always dominant in relationships, but that is not true; look at those black women. All 'MMMMHHHHMMMMM' and head jiving and menthol smoking as they collect welfare stamps!' Get it?

Oh, yes. Full of that. xd
deadguy
Didn't watch the link, but they could be right. 66% of all black households have only one parent (highest in the nation). It's a lot easier for the man to leave the woman with the child than the other way around, since he's not the one attached by a cord for 9 months, which explains why there are about 10 times as many black one parent households run by mothers as there are run by fathers. That and the increased incarceration rate of black men vs black women. That could create a semi-matriarchal culture, even in the ~40% of black children who did have a father. There's a reason they're not "Your Father" jokes, after all.

Actually, the rate for black female incarceration has exploded within the past 10 years.
"This growth in black female incarceration in states like Minnesota is fueled by mandatory sentencing laws, giving long sentences to mothers. The majority of Black women are locked up for nonviolent property and drug crimes (Terborg-Galloway, 2005). http://www.crimeandjustice.org/councilinfo.cfm?pID=58 From: Davis, Angela. 2005. Abolition Democracy: Beyond Empire, Prisons, and Torture.

And, single-woman households are not "matriarchal" per se because they are simply single-parent; matriarchy implies that the woman in the family is the superior/in-charge because she is the woman.
Tactical Leg Sweep
ITT ED feminists take a break from attacking and lambasting anyone who does not subscribe to feminist rhetoric and characterizing dissent as misogny and broad-brush painting of feminism to ... paint MRAs in broad brush strokes.

So, you think it's okay that avoiceformen.com, the primary source for the MRM, promotes such racism and sexism?

Did you watch the videos? They are dripping in misogyny. There is no way for you to get around this one.
Tactical Leg Sweep
silkandflowers
Tactical Leg Sweep
ITT ED feminists take a break from attacking and lambasting anyone who does not subscribe to feminist rhetoric and characterizing dissent as misogny and broad-brush painting of feminism to ... paint MRAs in broad brush strokes.

okay but MRAs really are uniformly misogynist and ignorant

it's not painting them with a broad brush.

in fact the only reason they're MRAs to begin with is because they hate women and they want to whine and cry about how those damn women won't stay beneath them in their proper place

this is inarguable fact

okay buy feminist groups really are uniformely misandrist and ignorant.

It's not painting them with a broad brush.

In fact the only reason they're feminists to begin with is because they hate men and they want to whine and cry about how those damn men won't stay beneath them in their proper place

this is inarguable.

Soooo ... what else you got?

You realize that the MRAs are labelled as a hate group by most scholars in the fields of academia, who, you know, study social hierarchy and systems of privilege?
Jessi el Conquistador
Tactical Leg Sweep

The OP said Dworkin didn't hate men. That is all you need to know about the OP.

Have you read Dworkin's work? Most of those well-known quotes are either misquoted or are taken completely out of their satirical context, as Dworkin enjoyed making fun of the stereotypes of feminists.
N3bu
The Sky Does Not Bow
N3bu
Ugh, MRAs, building sexist resentment on the top of the few issues some men just want people to be aware of.

Also, they just make up issues, clouding actual problems in the fabrications of deluded fever dreams.

I wouldn't be surprised. While many men (as an identity) have tried to re-adapt to a new cultural paradigm some have just ultimately become resentful at their failure and use a few bad examples of feminism (misanthropists) as an excuse to foist their resentment upon the whole movement.

Their focus on "men's issues" is just their way to try and avoid looking like sexist douche-bags.

Men's liberation groups are the ones who are truly about helping men; they do not bash feminists and women and simply raise awareness of the difficulties men face. In fact, most work together with feminist groups to help feminists become even more aware of the ways in which society harms men. 3nodding
Tactical Leg Sweep
The Sky Does Not Bow
Tactical Leg Sweep
The Sky Does Not Bow
Tactical Leg Sweep

Except all of her's were assumptions based on just as much evidence. You really have gone off the deep end with your outright idiocy, kid.

Yeah except not. I mean really, go to any MRA haven and it's literally all right there. Whereas you have to be pretty demented and twist things around a lot to say the same things of feminists.

And really, "no you" is the best comeback you've got? I thought you smart, but you're just dumb. And small.

Which is why you just said "nuh uh". Come up with something better, shitdick. You're boring me. At least make it somewhat of a challenge to make you look like a ******** idiot.

Sure, what I said amounted to "nuh-uh" if you're incredibly simple, which you are, and incapable of appreciating nuance, which you are, and refuse to fully understand anything ever, which you do. So, the reason I am immediately dismissive of your aggressive cretinism is that... well, it's aggressively cretinous.

Tee hee. You really are small. Small minded, probably short. Small in every other way, I'd bet. Does that give you a chip on you shoulder? Something to prove? Should get some help with that, bro, insecurities are a weight on the mind.

Or you know, if you've got a brain and can quickly realize a halfwit sputtering out whatever idiocies he thinks will save him from the fact that he can barely formulate proper sentences, much less actually argue against someone who is clearly their intellectual superior.

You sure like trying that. Seems like projecting. What's wrong, bro? Was your p***s that small before you had it cut off that you have to project that wet fear onto others? I mean, we can tell you're a mental midget.

You're such a flaming hypocrite.

You're enforcing the very thing you claim to be against: the intense expectations for men to be big, strong, and have large penises, as measures of their masculinity.

You're deriding him by claiming he must have had a small p***s. That's disgusting and rather misandrist, TBH. I've never seen any ED feminist do that. You argue that these traditional expectations oppress men.

And you're doing it, not the feminists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces