Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I listened to the clip. What they're saying is true to a large degree, they're using the black community because it's a canary in the coalmine for what's going to happen to broader society. Thug culture does exist, no amount of political correctness will change the fact that black men are killing eachother in the streets
for some bullshit manhood that never existed.
Trust me, 50 year old black men who lived through the culture transition will cosign much of this. So it's not all that shocking or offensive to me since I've all ready had these conversations with the guys who made it out of the ghetto.
ExodusNirvana
marshmallowcreampie
Question: If there really is a matriarchy in the black community, wouldn't said matriarchy be more of a result of the guys not being around? I mean, the people who believe there's a matriarchy in the black community usually believe that on the basis that more black guys get sent to jail, or there are more black single mothers due to divorce and deadbeat dads. If a person believes that there's a black matriarchy for those reasons, why aren't they blaming the guys for it?

The stupid thing is, what you're saying would work if the black community operated on a traditional patriarchal standard, but that clearly hasn't been the case for some time now. "Man up" doesn't mean anything to today's generation of black men. He measures his manhood by swag and how many bitches he can ********, not finances or being heads of the household. It's complete role reversal, black men are like trophy husbands. Articles like these only further to accentuate the notion of a black matriarchy. Men are valued as assets to a woman, he gets with her program, his participation in the family structure is not vital, you can do without him afterall he's an accessory . When that happens. you have a community that is destined to fall.

At that point, you can't hold him to the same standard as other races of men, his community is not in his own hands. He has a renter's mentality.

Hello, that's what they've been doing, but the stupid thing about that is...who are these boys learning manhood from so they don't end up prey to the streets? this is why I advocate men getting their finances together and being leaders of their households, at what point can you not hold men accountable for a circumstance they were born into? A lot of these men were born into dysfuctioncal situations where they saw women head the family and didn't see much of their father at all, and they're completely fine with this. It doesn't shock them, it's become too much of a norm to them at that point. That's why some men have no problem at all being deadbeats. They're comfortable with the idea of leaving with women with the burden.

Manhood is not some automatic switch for men. Guys who don't learn it firsthand are going to struggle later in life and no amount of shaming is going to fix what's been broken , and the women know that. Black women are some of the biggest obstacles toward black men becoming established , they re-define manhood and convince men that finances and leadership aren't important when we have it while simultaneously making sure that she's in a better condition than the man because that is what her culture expects of her. I don't even know what they're doing when they do this, but there is some sabotage at play. Whether its the promotion of pookie over pointdexter or just the arrangement of the family structure, black men face heavy marginalization in their own communities. Even my own mother has said some things in my life that has rubbed me the wrong way and got me to think about how lowly a lot black women view black men.

Yeah, because we all know only black kids measure their masculinity by swag and getting chicks. rolleyes

Nice quality of source too.

I do love how people make such an issue of the problems caused by single-mother households, but no one seems to make the same case about single-father households. I hold all people accountable for their choices; if you are a deadbeat dad who bounced out of his kid's life, dont blame some notion of male subservience. Own up to your mess.

Also, source the following that you said; "Black women are some of the biggest obstacles toward black men becoming established , they re-define manhood and convince men that finances and leadership aren't important when we have it while simultaneously making sure that she's in a better condition than the man because that is what her culture expects of her.". Something scholarly please.

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
marshmallowcreampie
Question: If there really is a matriarchy in the black community, wouldn't said matriarchy be more of a result of the guys not being around? I mean, the people who believe there's a matriarchy in the black community usually believe that on the basis that more black guys get sent to jail, or there are more black single mothers due to divorce and deadbeat dads. If a person believes that there's a black matriarchy for those reasons, why aren't they blaming the guys for it?

The stupid thing is, what you're saying would work if the black community operated on a traditional patriarchal standard, but that clearly hasn't been the case for some time now. "Man up" doesn't mean anything to today's generation of black men. He measures his manhood by swag and how many bitches he can ********, not finances or being heads of the household. It's complete role reversal, black men are like trophy husbands. Articles like these only further to accentuate the notion of a black matriarchy. Men are valued as assets to a woman, he gets with her program, his participation in the family structure is not vital, you can do without him afterall he's an accessory . When that happens. you have a community that is destined to fall.

At that point, you can't hold him to the same standard as other races of men, his community is not in his own hands. He has a renter's mentality.

Hello, that's what they've been doing, but the stupid thing about that is...who are these boys learning manhood from so they don't end up prey to the streets? this is why I advocate men getting their finances together and being leaders of their households, at what point can you not hold men accountable for a circumstance they were born into? A lot of these men were born into dysfuctioncal situations where they saw women head the family and didn't see much of their father at all, and they're completely fine with this. It doesn't shock them, it's become too much of a norm to them at that point. That's why some men have no problem at all being deadbeats. They're comfortable with the idea of leaving with women with the burden.

Manhood is not some automatic switch for men. Guys who don't learn it firsthand are going to struggle later in life and no amount of shaming is going to fix what's been broken , and the women know that. Black women are some of the biggest obstacles toward black men becoming established , they re-define manhood and convince men that finances and leadership aren't important when we have it while simultaneously making sure that she's in a better condition than the man because that is what her culture expects of her. I don't even know what they're doing when they do this, but there is some sabotage at play. Whether its the promotion of pookie over pointdexter or just the arrangement of the family structure, black men face heavy marginalization in their own communities. Even my own mother has said some things in my life that has rubbed me the wrong way and got me to think about how lowly a lot black women view black men.

Yeah, because we all know only black kids measure their masculinity by swag and getting chicks. rolleyes

I do love how people make such an issue of the problems caused by single-mother households, but no one seems to make the same case about single-father households. I hold all people accountable for their choices; if you are a deadbeat dad who bounced out of his kid's life, dont blame some notion of male subservience. Own up to your mess.

Also, source the following that you said; "Black women are some of the biggest obstacles toward black men becoming established , they re-define manhood and convince men that finances and leadership aren't important when we have it while simultaneously making sure that she's in a better condition than the man because that is what her culture expects of her.". Something scholarly please.

There is no single father household industrial complex, what don't you get about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6FL4AE3ToE&

Men like this can't be helped, he said he doesn't measure his manhood by being a protector and provider.

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
marshmallowcreampie

There is no single father household industrial complex, what don't you get about that?

Men like this can't be helped, he said he doesn't measure his manhood by being a protector and provider.

What are you talking about? Father household industrial complex? You make no sense.

I dont click on video link dumps. Put it in context- what am I to take from this? Am I to take that this is representative of all black people? Some? None? Its not rocket science people- explain your sources. If you cant be bothered with it, then why should I be bothered with your link?

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
marshmallowcreampie

What are you talking about? Father household industrial complex? You make no sense.

I dont click on video link dumps. Put it in context- what am I to take from this? Am I to take that this is representative of all black people? Some? None? Its not rocket science people- explain your sources. If you cant be bothered with it, then why should I be bothered with your link?

I shouldn't have to explain how my own culture operates to you, if you don't get then that's on you but comparing single mother households such as in the case of the black community to the minority of single father households is just dumb on your end. Let's pull up the statistics on that one, let's see just how black men who are raised with just their fathers fare worse and compare that to the single mother households and their outlook,someone find that statistic for me. Let's do a compare and contrast. I gurantee you you're gonna look like an a** on that one. Most single fathers don't end up that way by choice or through cultural reasons. Why are you even trying to make single parenthood some type of norm? It's not normal, it's not good for society and all the signs point to it. What can't you understand about that?

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
marshmallowcreampie

I shouldn't have to explain how my own culture operates to you, if you don't get then that's on you but comparing single mother households such as in the case of the black community to the minority of single father households is just dumb on your end. Let's pull up the statistics on that one, let's see just how black men who are raised with just their fathers fare worse and compare that to the single mother households and their outlook,someone find that statistic for me. Let's do a compare and contrast. I gurantee you you're gonna look like an a** on that one. Most single fathers don't end up that way by choice or through cultural reasons. Why are you even trying to make single parenthood some type of norm? It's not normal, it's not good for society and all the signs point to it. What can't you understand about that?

Honestly, if you have to blame a black lady for why you can't deal with your s**t, then you're probably pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Black ladies aren't keeping you from talking like a civilized person, or taking a shower, or wearing pants that don't show your butt crack. And it is laughable to think that women in general are keeping men from succeeding- our patriarchal pecking order is largely established by INSANELY WEALTHY GUYS (who are mostly white), but it's actually put into effect by systems of government and society, which are larger than any one individual. Believe me, I wish it were as easy as finding that one person responsible and telling them to cut it out, but it's harder than that.

Systematic oppression, generational poverty and lack of higher education are all huge issues in the black community (as they are often in other communities with high poverty), however, black people also have to deal with the question of racial prejudice, as well as the fact that black people are much more likely to be from a heritage of institutionalized poverty instead of simply spending short periods of time in poverty.

Easy answers are rarely actually going to solve the problem when it comes to big societal ills. However, they are much easier for people to accept, and scapegoating women, especially black women, is a very popular tactic because it is so freaking EASY to do.

But believe me, even if we were to take women, round them up, and enslave them/remove their rights completely the world would still be ******** up and unfair- it would just be EVEN MORE ******** UP AND UNFAIR FOR WOMEN.

So, how about instead of pointing fingers at individuals based on gender, we actually figure out how to DEAL with this s**t?

But then again, the MRAs generally don't want to make things more equitable- to truly reward people for doing well- they want to make a system where women always lose and men (specifically white hetero men) go back to some golden time where they were given all the benefits and none of the drawbacks in society- where they didn't have to compete against non-whites or women, or actually do anything other than show up with a p***s and light skin to get a job.

You know what? Boo-hoo, cry me a river that you don't get an automatic good paying job just for showing up white and male. Why not actually BE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO instead of trying to remove everyone else's rights and abilities to even attempt to succeed instead of being a lazy jerk and trying to make it so that no one else can win but you? And by the way, I'm referring to the "metaphorical 'you'" and not you directly- I just can't deal with people who so blatantly act like they're trying to oppress and remove the rights of others and then act like they're totally surprised and it's ACTUALLY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, ya see, to be barefoot and pregnant and totally reliant on some guy for everything, when they get called out on their bullshit.
ExodusNirvana
I listened to the clip. What they're saying is true to a large degree, they're using the black community because it's a canary in the coalmine for what's going to happen to broader society. Thug culture does exist, no amount of political correctness will change the fact that black men are killing eachother in the streets
for some bullshit manhood that never existed.
Trust me, 50 year old black men who lived through the culture transition will cosign much of this. So it's not all that shocking or offensive to me since I've all ready had these conversations with the guys who made it out of the ghetto.

Have you ever heard of confirmation bias?
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
marshmallowcreampie

Ah, its the old 'I am black, so I can speak for all blacks.', is it? Man, you make it too easy for the KKK...

Hey, if you think its not going to show similar issues, be my guest. I only think its interesting that people only whine about single mother households, typically arguing that 'no one will teach the boys how to be men', but no one seems to worry about whether fathers can teach daughters to be women. I have never attempted to make it a 'norm'. Cite for me where I ever said that.

What I cant understand is your made up terms and your link dumps, for obvious reasons.
ExodusNirvana

I don't think you know what an industrial complex is. You can't suffix it something to make it sound more ominous than it is.
The Sky Does Not Bow
ExodusNirvana

I don't think you know what an industrial complex is. You can't suffix it something to make it sound more ominous than it is.

ninja
Republican Industrial complex...

Will eat your non-Christian soul.

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Oni no Tenshi
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha
ExodusNirvana
Riviera de la Mancha

Honestly, if you have to blame a black lady for why you can't deal with your s**t, then you're probably pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Black ladies aren't keeping you from talking like a civilized person, or taking a shower, or wearing pants that don't show your butt crack. And it is laughable to think that women in general are keeping men from succeeding- our patriarchal pecking order is largely established by INSANELY WEALTHY GUYS (who are mostly white), but it's actually put into effect by systems of government and society, which are larger than any one individual. Believe me, I wish it were as easy as finding that one person responsible and telling them to cut it out, but it's harder than that.

Systematic oppression, generational poverty and lack of higher education are all huge issues in the black community (as they are often in other communities with high poverty), however, black people also have to deal with the question of racial prejudice, as well as the fact that black people are much more likely to be from a heritage of institutionalized poverty instead of simply spending short periods of time in poverty.

Easy answers are rarely actually going to solve the problem when it comes to big societal ills. However, they are much easier for people to accept, and scapegoating women, especially black women, is a very popular tactic because it is so freaking EASY to do.

But believe me, even if we were to take women, round them up, and enslave them/remove their rights completely the world would still be ******** up and unfair- it would just be EVEN MORE ******** UP AND UNFAIR FOR WOMEN.

So, how about instead of pointing fingers at individuals based on gender, we actually figure out how to DEAL with this s**t?

But then again, the MRAs generally don't want to make things more equitable- to truly reward people for doing well- they want to make a system where women always lose and men (specifically white hetero men) go back to some golden time where they were given all the benefits and none of the drawbacks in society- where they didn't have to compete against non-whites or women, or actually do anything other than show up with a p***s and light skin to get a job.

You know what? Boo-hoo, cry me a river that you don't get an automatic good paying job just for showing up white and male. Why not actually BE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO instead of trying to remove everyone else's rights and abilities to even attempt to succeed instead of being a lazy jerk and trying to make it so that no one else can win but you? And by the way, I'm referring to the "metaphorical 'you'" and not you directly- I just can't deal with people who so blatantly act like they're trying to oppress and remove the rights of others and then act like they're totally surprised and it's ACTUALLY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, ya see, to be barefoot and pregnant and totally reliant on some guy for everything, when they get called out on their bullshit.

Your whole post summed up; You shouldn't blame women because of their gender, but I should be able to blame men, more precisely MRA's. Your whole post is one big strawman so I'm not going to dignify it with a response but I will entertain your conspiracy of a patriarchy. I don' t know if you know this or not but the Mens Rights movement is not exactly a mainstream movement , as such they don't have their tentacles in government, the media, education or any other sort of influencing sphere. The men who run this country may be men, but they're not working in the interest of men or fathers. That much is certain. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's true that women are getting the shaft at the moment on issues relating to their reproductive rights, but men never had these rights to begin with. That's why it's possible for a female predator to collect custody from the boy she raped . This is what the mens rights movement is fighting to abolish , because feminists will not address our concerns nor will they adress the disproportionate anti-black male violence that occurs on the streets whether it's between rivals gangs or trayvon martin.

Men would certaintly not be complaining about their treatment in family court laws, their lack of reproductive rights, the portrayal of men in media as immasculated buffoons(homer simpson, sitcom dads, etc) ontop of a litany of other issues that effect men in our society if we lived under a patriarchy.

What matters to the elites who run the show is the dollar, not sex, race, or religion. All of which are just tools for them to use to pit people against eachother while they're robbing this country blind.

There is no "brotherhood" of which you speak of and if it ever did exist, it died the moment second wave feminism caught on.

Black men are not white men though, they're not patriarchs. To be a patriach you have to actually be in the households enforcing sh*t , they're more like awol dissidents who refuse to participate in a society they've been excluded from wholesale. They are men that go their own way.

The boy in the last clip put it so well. These are not patriachal men because engaged men don't teach their sons to say those types of things. They're sons of the matriarchy.

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Sky Does Not Bow
ExodusNirvana

http://www.generation-x.net/members/viewVideo.php?video_id=5521&title=THE_BABY_MAMA_INDUSTRIAL_COMPLEX

Aged Lunatic

ExodusNirvana
. Why are you even trying to make single parenthood some type of norm? It's not normal, it's not good for society and all the signs point to it. What can't you understand about that?

Hell, if you want proof of that, come up here to the hills and hollar and look how much it's ******** up WHITE communities. This phenomenon does not discriminate in who it ******** up.

And though it's not widespread, same applies to "thug culture". Go hang around rednecks or s**t-kickers and tell me there's much difference. I dare ya.

Redd Foxx
People ask me all the time, "Is there such a thing as a white ******?" Of course there is! They're called rednecks! That's all a redneck is, a white ******!

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
GunsmithKitten
ExodusNirvana
. Why are you even trying to make single parenthood some type of norm? It's not normal, it's not good for society and all the signs point to it. What can't you understand about that?

Hell, if you want proof of that, come up here to the hills and hollar and look how much it's ******** up WHITE communities. This phenomenon does not discriminate in who it ******** up.

And though it's not widespread, same applies to "thug culture". Go hang around rednecks or s**t-kickers and tell me there's much difference. I dare ya.

Redd Foxx
People ask me all the time, "Is there such a thing as a white n****r?" Of course there is! They're called rednecks! That's all a redneck is, a white n****r!

That's cool if the benchmark was to be like white rednecks, personally I think our culture should be more like the Chinese and African immigrants who come to this country and kick a**. I'd rather black boys kill themselves trying to become established rather than kill themselves in the streets over some bullshit street culture.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff