• Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ssendam
theundeadchrist
ssendam
theundeadchrist
ssendam
theundeadchrist

neither do i but they taught that in grade school in West freaking Virginia, whats your excuse?

ok undead you had a good comment and im happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Keltoi Samurai had the thread going with his posts.
not you again why cant you go someplace and die?

if i die ill haunt you, and you wouldnt like that, id stick my long black tongue in your ear , and say im just playing and disappear.

you cant haunt me, your not allowed, i would kick your sorry soul all over the place.

ill haunt who ever i want , you cant stop me, ill be dead and you cant do anything about it.
i am the undeadchrist, i am he who the dead worship, if you die, then you are in my domain hah i win.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ssendam
theundeadchrist
ssendam
theundeadchrist
ssendam
theundeadchrist

neither do i but they taught that in grade school in West freaking Virginia, whats your excuse?

ok undead you had a good comment and im happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Keltoi Samurai had the thread going with his posts.

if i die ill haunt you, and you wouldnt like that, id stick my long black tongue in your ear , and say im just playing and disappear.

you cant haunt me, your not allowed, i would kick your sorry soul all over the place.

ill haunt who ever i want , you cant stop me, ill be dead and you cant do anything about it.

you'd be surprised . . .
Keltoi Samurai
ssendam
theundeadchrist
ssendam
theundeadchrist

you'd be surprised . . .

me thinks we have overthrown the OP's thread.

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ssendam
Keltoi Samurai
ssendam
theundeadchrist
ssendam
theundeadchrist

you'd be surprised . . .

Derailed thread +30
we win, ftw

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
theundeadchrist
ssendam
Keltoi Samurai
ssendam
theundeadchrist

you'd be surprised . . .

Derailed thread +30
we win, ftw

you leveled up!

unfortunately, the "we win, ftw" cost you points.

so, now you have a negative xp score.

I mean, really? "we win for the win?"

that is fail.

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Keltoi Samurai
theundeadchrist
ssendam
Keltoi Samurai
ssendam
theundeadchrist

you'd be surprised . . .

Derailed thread +30
we win, ftw

you leveled up!

unfortunately, the "we win, ftw" cost you points.

so, now you have a negative xp score.

I mean, really? "we win for the win?"

that is fail.

was going more for the F*** the world connotation bub, not the ghey Wowfag version

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
"Does the Boondocks accurately (or somewhat accurately) represent black culture or black community as a whole?"

How can a couple of characters in a TV series even hope to represent a whole community? From day one what I wanted to see watching The Boondocks, was black people behaving like a stereotypical menace to society, like they were saying to racists: "Yeah, we're ALL that, and MORE, so you better watch yourselves, or we'll be moving to YOUR hood next." I also want to see a movie be made about Hitler as a misunderstood rockstar hero, and love South Park (before they sold out) and Monthy Python, so obviously accurate representations isn't my thing. I'm fairly pleased with the series, so I guess that's my answer right there.

"What are your thoughts/feelings on the use of the word *****? Should it ever be used? Is there a difference between "*****" and "******" "

Hell yes, there's a difference, and black people need to stop pretending there isn't one. When you are determining the meaning of a word depending on the color of the speakers skin, you KNOW you're being stupid.

"Do you like/hate/love the Boondocks, and why? (The why is more important people.)"

It's hilariously satirical. The black culture has a looot of things to deal with, and McGruder is being exceptionally straightforward, while at the same time being extreme.

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Lesser Tile
"Does the Boondocks accurately (or somewhat accurately) represent black culture or black community as a whole?"

How can a couple of characters in a TV series even hope to represent a whole community? From day one what I wanted to see watching The Boondocks, was black people behaving like a stereotypical menace to society, like they were saying to racists: "Yeah, we're ALL that, and MORE, so you better watch yourselves, or we'll be moving to YOUR hood next." I also want to see a movie be made about Hitler as a misunderstood rockstar hero, and love South Park (before they sold out) and Monthy Python, so obviously accurate representations isn't my thing. I'm fairly pleased with the series, so I guess that's my answer right there.

"What are your thoughts/feelings on the use of the word n***a? Should it ever be used? Is there a difference between "n***a" and "n****r" "

Hell yes, there's a difference, and black people need to stop pretending there isn't one. When you are determining the meaning of a word depending on the color of the speakers skin, you KNOW you're being stupid.

"Do you like/hate/love the Boondocks, and why? (The why is more important people.)"

It's hilariously satirical. The black culture has a looot of things to deal with, and McGruder is being exceptionally straightforward, while at the same time being extreme.

no one cares anymore
Ego sum Legio
I just don't like that they rarely portray a civilized black person.

Beside Huey, the only other 'civilized' or remotely hardworking and calm black person they show regularly is Dubois and Jazmine.

I can personally say I relate to this situation, because my father is black, my mother is white...and I guess because my name is also Jasmine, but that's not a great big deal.

Mr Dubois is portrayed as a bit of a white-washed black person, who works hard but lacks strength, courage, and some flair. He's the black image overlaying a common white man seen in america.

Alot of black guys I know are hard working people who care for their family and are intelligent, but they still retain alot of cultural aspects that I think are lacking in this show.

Tl;dr Dubois is just a white person painted black and I dislike it.

Yeah I hate that too. However the only other Black intellect we have (as far as TV/Movie medium) is Spike Lee. He did a much better job with that concept in Jungle Fever. Remember the Sit down the women had?

Dangerous Lunatic

The show's stupid. It's a complete waste of time and money.
Vixianna
Le Petit Roi
Vixianna
What you don't have mac and cheese made with eggs so it's like a casserole, sweet potato pie, and string beans and veggies cooked with fatback?

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD MY AUNT MAKES THE BEST OHGODOHGOD!!! gonk So think there's cheese INSIDE the noodles?
Blaaaaaargh, on top of that I get my dad's epic beans and rice, I make the most badass plantains you'll ever eat. EVAR I'm hungry now and my morning's gone so I'm headed to sleep though I'm glad to be beck in the ED and not have to witness a horde of BS for once! FOOD FOOD FOOOOOOOOD. rofl

xd Yeah we made beans, rice, and beef for dinner a few nights ago, but there's nothing like black beans, yellow rice, and plantains man. I LOVE latin food, and there this traditional latin place near campus, makes Yuca and plantains and flan and tres leche, and the whole menu is in Spanish. So delicious.

My family and I have been trying to get people to see that many of the non-white groups have the same customs. Some Black families clean their homes for New Years just like Asian family and give out either money or small good luck tokens as well.

Also you Latinos are like our long lost primos. I think the real reason why Latinos and Blacks can't get along is because we are TOO much alike. Generally we good dancers, cook with a lot of spices, have big family, and social.

Cino De Mayo= Juneteenth.
Vixianna
Kaosgirl
Vixianna
What you talking about GURL! BET be good, it has values and concepts and s**t, and hoes, and thuggin love and...yeah BET sucks. Who the hell watches that mess anymore? It used to be about black social commentators, and specials on black history year around so it covered more topics, and educational programming aimed at young black kids. Cool stuff, but now it's Hoes, bitches, G's, and 24in rims. Stupid s**t.

21st Century Blaxploitation?

Basically, yeah. Most of those rappers don't own their own music, and are basically high paid puppets of corporate white men. Making music for the white American consumer. w/e man. Whites can have hiphop, I'm sure we'll think of something else...again.

Right ON!

It sad that even when Blacks have something even a little something it either gets A) Take over by whites or B) polluted and demonized by whites. The only exception of course is Jazz. However like said you can respect certain parts of a culture it doesn't mean you actually respect the culture or the people of that culture.

However like Paul Mooney says: Every ****** is an Entertainer.
Vixianna
The Real Macai XXXV
Have you considered, Vixianna, that black people actually want to watch rap videos about hoes, "dat papa" and 24in rims? I'm waiting for an answer.

It's hard talking to you in two forms man, can you just pick one?

I'm aware that some people black and white, do like watching those shows. However, I am also aware that the effect media has on the nation can subtly influence what is considered normal and a need in this nation. Of course they want to watch it Macai, or they wouldn't do so. It's not the fact they do watch it, but the why behind it that has importance. Seriously though, when ya gonna give up trolling, or actually start a thread that doesn't deal with how everyone is racist against you as a white person.

I am aware that there's a different between Commercial Rap that for (undereducated people) and political Hip-hop. It's like any mainstream Mickey Mouse s**t. mainstream rock (in general) sucks. Same goes for "rap"

Like many Black professors and well educated people will tell you: Commercial Rap is no different from the Minstrel shows back in the 19th and 20th century; which promotes tired old stereotypes. However instead of watermelon contest and cotton picking. It Bling and Hoes.

(See Spike Lee's 2005 Bamboozle)

Same s**t different day.

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
The Real Macai XXXV
Have you considered, Vixianna, that black people actually want to watch rap videos about hoes, "dat papa" and 24in rims? I'm waiting for an answer.

Right. Do remember that the majority of rap music is consumed by WHITE people. Yeah.

It says so right here, buddy.

Quote:
White youth have embraced rap music and hip hop culture in such overwhelming numbers that by some estimates Whites are now the biggest consumers of recordings by rap artists. Dunlevy (2000) cited figures from the hip hop magazine The Source that suggest that more than 70% of rap music buyers are White.

So apparently, whitey likes to see the hoes, that paper, and 24 in rims more.

Beloved Genius

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
theundeadchrist
Vixianna
theundeadchrist
Quote:
Keltoi Samurai
apple pie isn't really american, either. it was an immigrant, too.
before the U.S. motto became "in God we trust" it

Quote:
Vixianna So we changed it from Latin to English, you do know no one's spoken Latin for 2000+ years right?

yet E pluribus unum is Latin for "Out of many one",
in god we trust isnt the translation for that one sorry you fail that

I don't speak Latin dude, I thought it was the same...so my response is invalid, should have put it into a translator...

I went to Florida's public school system. it's like 45th in the Union, you do the math.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff