Welcome to Gaia! ::

low iq 111
Henrika
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
GunsmithKitten
Keltoi Samurai
"Lighter sentences" are pretty well guaranteed. They're girls, they're kids, and their victim was male and mentally defective.

Honestly, the victim's one of the kinds of people police like to shoot the most.

Given your hatred of all things male and cheering everytime one is murdered, I'm honestly surprised you care that much.

I don't "hate all things male," I disagree with modern hypermasculinity being considered the only acceptable way for a male to behave.

The confusion here is I opted in this thread to just speak my mind rather than take the opposing viewpoint like I normally do.

Then so aren't strong sentences ...(opposite of lighter sentences) the result of hypermasculine society

Idk

How long should someone go to prison before they learn their lesson

I'd be remorseful after a month I'm sure
Prison is about punishment, not rehabilitation.

so thus it's not really about preventing crime, is it
If it were, crime rates would have plummeted.

Aged Lunatic

Henrika

Considering we incarcerate more of our populance than even the dictatorial states, we should be the safest damn country on the planet.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
GunsmithKitten
Plata Plomo y Sangre

That's a statement couched in ignorance of pretty much all world history.

So do tell how Genghis Khan, Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar, Hannibal Barca, Joshua, Hatshepsut, Alexander, and George S. Patton earned their place in history?

As Senator Armstrong pointed out, Alexander was born a king, and his place in history was won by that alone. To take it further, he'd've never had a chance for the Glorious Psychopathy that you seem to want to believe "manhood" has always meant had he not been, and he's kinda an argument against earning status through violence, as his violence was only possible due to the status he'd inherited.

Patton was born to a wealthy military family and designed the standard-issue 1913 Army Sabre, as well as wrote the manual on how to use it in combat, before he'd ever seen action ( His first actual deployment wasn't until 1916 ). I'd say he had an excess of clout even before he became the infamous "General Patton."

Julius Caesar was born into the Patracian class, meaning that his family was of the ruling elite. His military service was largely ceremonial rather than practical, and awarded for the status of his birth rather than his ability. Without the noble birth, his march across the Rubicon wouldn't've had the support of even a full centuria, yet alone the legion he led.

Napoleon was the son of the Corsican representative to the court of Louis XVI. His noble lineage guaranteed him his commission in the military ( Remember: Soldiers are poor, but officers were historically only drawn from the children of the wealthy ), which made his little rebellion possible.

Hannibal was the son of the Carthaginian general who commanded the entire military in the First Punic War. Said father also raised his army, trained them up and made him swear an oath to fight Rome. So, honestly, Hannibal seems to have taken the least active role out of all of these choices.

Assuming you mean the Biblical Joshua ( Joshua the Apprentice of Moses, as opposed to Joshua of Nazareth ), he served as a military leader, but that was almost a footnote. His fame was won off of his devotion as Moses's apprentice and servant ( It's said that the line in Proverbs "he that waits on his master shall be honored" was a direct reference to him ). This might very well be the biggest swing and a miss in the whole post. He wasn't a war hero, he was what you might call "Moses's personal b***h," and that's where his renown came from. Submission.

Oops, Spoke too soon. Hatshepsut was apparently the first famous woman that history felt was worthy of recording, and her accomplishments include improving trade, building Egypt's wealth through trade and diplomacy, and a truly ridiculous amount of architectural projects. She's known for the long era of peace she presided over, and her history includes no named conflicts I can find.

Now, Temujin, I'll give you. I mean, he also founded the Mongol Empire, and would have been seen as quite the hero had he stopped there without the massive world invasions, but honestly, you need him as a War Monster who won his fame at the point of a sword, or your entire post will have been just an unmitigated, total failure.

But, still, these people weren't awarded glory for being violent, their violence was justified by their status as glorious rich folk ( or, in one case, for being a really, really excellent servant, and in another, for ruling over a peaceful era ). Their places in history were assigned early, and they only added violence to them, if at all, once it was already assured their names would be remembered.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
GunsmithKitten
Henrika

Considering we incarcerate more of our populance than even the dictatorial states, we should be the safest damn country on the planet.

Prison reform is a dire necessity in the US, but alas, that would require us to have compassion, and I daresay you and most of everyone else who buys into the hypermasculine lie of the last 30 years would equate that with weakness.

Familiar Friend

that age of aquarius will soon be upon us!! and we will celebrate femininity and feelings and love and communication

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
low iq 111
that age of aquarius will soon be upon us!! and we will celebrate femininity and feelings and love and communication

Six hundred years is not "soon."

The beginning of the next age ( the Aquarian Age ) won't be until the 2590's, or 2600's. Your entire life will be contained within the current Piscean Age.

Familiar Friend

Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

The beginning of the next age ( the Aquarian Age ) won't be until the 2590's, or 2600's. Your entire life will be contained within the current Piscean Age.

you don't know that for certain

that's the latest it could be

the earliest dates were like 1700s

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

>tfw won't live to aquarius age

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

Yeah, I'm sorry the hippies mislead you, but really, that's what you get when you base your s**t on a song written by a group of Flower Children who call themselves "The Fifth Dimension," and have nothing to really say except for a bunch of cliches and LSD-induced mumbo-jumbo.

Familiar Friend

Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

Yeah, I'm sorry the hippies mislead you, but really, that's what you get when you base your s**t on a song written by a group of Flower Children who call themselves "The Fifth Dimension," and have nothing to really say except for a bunch of cliches and LSD-induced mumbo-jumbo.

how do you know when its gonna be?

you insufferable a**

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

I look up at night.

Familiar Friend

Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

I look up at night.

okay and people have been doing that forever and are still only estimating

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

I look up at night.

Not the ones who actually see what they're looking at.

Familiar Friend

Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

I look up at night.

do you see anything noteworthy in our lifetime? lol

ww3? vatican library opening up?
hmn. this sounds like a story I read on a fiction site that no longer exists, except the boy in the story wasn't mentally disabled.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111
Keltoi Samurai
low iq 111

I look up at night.

do you see anything noteworthy in our lifetime? lol

ww3? vatican library opening up?

If I did see such things, and spoke up now, before they happened, I'd be drawing attention to myself.

In ages past, they burned witches at the stake. Were I to do something like predict Russia launching an all-out assault on the Ukraine in June, followed by a coalition lead by Great Britain and France marching to the rescue, liberating the Ukraine, and their leaders calling for a march on Russia, I might be labeled a witch.

Were I then to predict that Ukraine's leadership actually convinces the EU to back a march on Russia, which will start around mid-October, and will start off just as disastrously as Napoleon and Hitler's marches ended, but then miraculously turn around and actually succeed in taking Moscow, leading to the won territory being given to the Ukraine, and the Ukraine effectively conquering Russia, then I might well find people clamoring for my death, as clearly I would have insight that mortal men lack.

Were I further to explain that in five years time, we'd see the leadership of United Ukraine reveal that they'd been modernising their military, and that in just 10 years time, they'd have a force with stealth fighter capabilities, force projection to rival the US, and a militarised space program, and that once secure with this power, we'd find that the media, in an effort to make the EU's decision to back the Ukraine over Russia, had been hiding human rights abuses that put Stalin to shame, and now they were ready to start striking out at the EU and the US based on a fanatical worldview that not even I can fully see just yet, and that they'd been planning this whole thing since right before the 2014 Winter Olympics, then I would be world famous as the man who predicted a war, told the world, and was proven right.

I would basically become the biggest celebrity on the planet in such a scenario, like what would have happened if Miss Cleo had predicted the 9/11 attack, and I frankly don't care for that level of celebrity, or really any level of celebrity. I am a man that values his privacy, and if I did that, I'd have none, ever again.

As for the scenario I described above: Is that a genuine prediction based upon what I've seen in the stars, or me just getting creative with hypotheticals to make a more fanciful and poetical point? Well, if it were a real prediction presented as a hypothetical, then I'd expose myself to scrutiny just as surely as if I'd flat-out called it an account of what is written in the stars, so it would be foolish of a man seeking to avoid celebrity status by doing that . . . On the other hand, even a man who hates the notion of being famous must sleep at night, so if he saw something so horrible, he'd still feel the need to warn someone, somehow, right?

TL;DR
You'll just have to wait and see, Kiddo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff