• Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
YourNeighborsCat
black_wing_angel
YourNeighborsCat
Glorious Leader Luna
HMS Thunder Child
This is really weak. Like, I know you think anecdotes prove stuff, but a misguided child making bad decisions is... well... a misguided child.

How about you talk about the grown men who doxxed Anita or Zoe or Brianna or any other woman for daring to touch their precious manbaby toys?

And how do we know that they are grown men

they well could also be misguided children doing something silly.
This.

Also, you see videos of the feminist known as 'Big Red' and her friends making a ruckus outside of an MRA event; going so far as to pull the building's fire alarm in a desperate attempt to stop freedom of speech from progressing,

I assume they got arrested for causing a false alarm. Kinda serious charges, too.

Quote:
and then later complaining about how religious people go out of their way to drone out any dissent to their values.

Anita Sarkesian is the same way. She goes on big college campus tours talking about s**t that she won't allow anybody online or in public debate with her about, while posting people's I.P. addresses on her maximum security twitter account and getting her flying monkeys to DDOS anybody who dissents from her ideology.

What I like about Anita, is that she goes on and on about her "deep, dedicated research", but won't cite her sources. Mostly because "My a**" doesn't look credible, on a references page.
I've been trying to look at the bigger picture of things. So far I've hit bedrock on the fact that humans aren't all driven to helping out other humans and holding logic on a level equal to that of emotion.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Logic solves problems that emotions create.
I don't really consider myself to have a horse in this race because:

1. I'm not as interested in video games as most people are. Yes I do play video games, but only every once in a while and I've been playing the exact same game for about 5+ years now (no it's not an MMORPG by the way. It's a shooting game on Steam).

2. I personally think the amount of passion and attention people have put into gamergate (and video games in general including both Anita Sarkeesian and the people who criticize her endlessly) is concerning itself. There are far more important issues going on, to have that much passion about someone possibly tampering with video games, but to not be all that passionate about things that actually are important, is a problem I see very frequently among young people. It's a microcosm of how hedonistic our generation is, a generation that seems to think the most important thing is life is protecting what they find entertaining at all costs.

But I would say that I do sympathize with the pro-gamergate side more because they have faced the same sophistry from the left that I find in other topics (however I don't support any of the doxxing, threats, inappropriate comments about rape, etc, etc. But the thing is this is a minority of people).

The reason I'm making all these disclaimers though is because I don't think your argument is convincing at all. You're doing the very thing that I find so dishonest on the other side. You're taking one example of one specific individual doxxing someone and then generalizing the group as being this way.

Now I'm not against generalizations, like for example all the generalizations about SJW's resorting to ad hominems, the SJW's dogmatic beliefs, sanctifying women to the point that they are beyond criticism else you are a "misogynist", etc, etc. I think all of these generalizations about the anti-gamergate people, feminists, and sjw's are completely dead on.

However I don't see why I should accept that just because this one girl doxxed this person, that therefore I should start believing that she is a stereotypical person found in this group of people you are talking about (feminists).

Feminists make the exact same argument you have done here, they will cherry pick specific examples of some people making inappropriate comments, making threats, and then they use these cases to generalize the pro-gamergate group (or anyone who disagrees with them on any issue actually, not just on gamergate). There's nothing wrong with criticizing people for doing these things, that's not the issue I have. The issue I have is when feminists do this and paint the group being this way even though statistically it's just not true, and secondly they do this instead of actually addressing the criticisms and arguments people make towards them.

I don't like it when liberals do it, and I also don't like it when anyone else does it either. So for that reason I have to object to your point here unless you can convince me with good evidence that this specific girl you are describing really is a statistically average/normal person on the anti-gamergate feminist side.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
black_wing_angel
I assume they got arrested for causing a false alarm. Kinda serious charges, too.

They didn't. Because as feminists, and as women if they were brought to justice for the crime, they would scream and cry about impartial justice systems and make thousands of dollars for lawyers and suing the police departments making themselves lots of cash. If you look at some of the anti MRA protests you can see that the cops just sit on their hands doing nothing.
But basically no one saw who did it and no one is talking. There is a bounty out still for the people who pulled, and pull false alarms. But of course, actually following the law would label you a sister punisher and get you death threats.

Magical Girl

Faustine Liem
black_wing_angel

They didn't. Because as feminists, and as women if they were brought to justice for the crime, they would scream and cry about impartial justice systems and make thousands of dollars for lawyers and suing the police departments making themselves lots of cash. If you look at some of the anti MRA protests you can see that the cops just sit on their hands doing nothing.
But basically no one saw who did it and no one is talking. There is a bounty out still for the people who pulled, and pull false alarms. But of course, actually following the law would label you a sister punisher and get you death threats.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST MEN ENFORCED BY MOSTLY MALE POLICE FORCES AND LEGISLATURE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
September the Eleventh
One thing I still don't get about Gamergate after reading up on it some is why it's so important?

Well, keep in mind that 4chan and Tumblr weren't exactly the best of friends before all this broke out. In the past, 4chan would try to organize false flag campaigns against feminism like #EndFathersDay, and Operation Freebleeding. And Tumblr's launched at least one ill advised foray into 4chan itself.

The integrity of gaming journalism isn't, and never really has been an important social issue. Some people are probably genuinely upset about it, but the people who leaked Quinn's n***s, threatened Sarkeesian, and harassed Wu are probably more involved in that little 4chan / Tumblr vendetta than anything else. There's actually some evidence that #GamerGate was always just a 4chan ploy, but, that comes directly from Quinn, and not from an unbiased source, so take that with a grain of salt.

Business Noob

Maltese_Falcon91
September the Eleventh
One thing I still don't get about Gamergate after reading up on it some is why it's so important?

Well, keep in mind that 4chan and Tumblr weren't exactly the best of friends before all this broke out. In the past, 4chan would try to organize false flag campaigns against feminism like #EndFathersDay, and Operation Freebleeding. And Tumblr's launched at least one ill advised foray into 4chan itself.

The integrity of gaming journalism isn't, and never really has been an important social issue. Some people are probably genuinely upset about it, but the people who leaked Quinn's n***s, threatened Sarkeesian, and harassed Wu are probably more involved in that little 4chan / Tumblr vendetta than anything else. There's actually some evidence that #GamerGate was always just a 4chan ploy, but, that comes directly from Quinn, and not from an unbiased source, so take that with a grain of salt.

Ah, thanks for the background [I hadn't known about #EndFather'sDay or Freebleeding].
I just knew that 4chan likes to poke fun at Tumblr from time to time [I won't lie, I do too sometimes], but it looks like a little more than that. I just anticipate this blowing over so we can all get on with our lives. I do see it opening the dialogue on what feminism is/means though, so woo-hoo?

Dapper Dabbler

HMS Thunder Child
This is really weak. Like, I know you think anecdotes prove stuff, but a misguided child making bad decisions is... well... a misguided child.

How about you talk about the grown men who doxxed Anita or Zoe or Brianna or any other woman for daring to touch their precious manbaby toys?

Basically, this.
September the Eleventh
Ah, thanks for the background [I hadn't known about #EndFather'sDay or Freebleeding].

They weren't as highly publicized as GamerGate, so that's understandable. I wasn't aware of them, myself, before this broke out, either.

September the Eleventh
I just anticipate this blowing over so we can all get on with our lives. I do see it opening the dialogue on what feminism is/means though, so woo-hoo?

Possibly. It's hard to predict how this will turn out.

I never thought things would escalate as far as they did, and I never saw Moot's rebellion against GamerGate coming either. It's possible that, with time, this movement could bring about more feminist discussion, but at this point, I'd say it's equally likely that when GamerGate dies down, the Social Justice Warriors will become even more radicalized than before, and may actually start adopting 4chan's own tactics, against them.

Right now, the die has been cast. All anyone can do is hope for the best.

Bashful Businesswoman

This whole thing just reeks of fishiness
I'm calling bullshit.

And even if its true, this still wouldn't of happened if video game nerds hadn't overreacted and sent Zoe and Anita death and rape threats in the first place.
I'm just sayin. You can't blame all your problems on feminism.
So no sympathy here.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Faustine Liem
black_wing_angel

They didn't. Because as feminists, and as women if they were brought to justice for the crime, they would scream and cry about impartial justice systems and make thousands of dollars for lawyers and suing the police departments making themselves lots of cash.

Let them try. And then the world will see how Tumblr Feminism really is. A bunch of whiny hypocrites, bitching about unequal treatment, but WANTING unequal treatment, just not against themselves.

And they'd fail, miserably, since the law is entirely clear on false fire alarms.

Quote:
If you look at some of the anti MRA protests you can see that the cops just sit on their hands doing nothing.
But basically no one saw who did it and no one is talking.

Ah. Ok, that's a pretty good roadblock, then....

Quote:
There is a bounty out still for the people who pulled, and pull false alarms. But of course, actually following the law would label you a sister punisher and get you death threats.

*cycles a gun* Bring it, ********.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
This Is NoMercy

This whole thing just reeks of fishiness
I'm calling bullshit.

And even if its true, this still wouldn't of happened if video game nerds hadn't overreacted and sent Zoe and Anita death and rape threats in the first place.
I'm just sayin. You can't blame all your problems on feminism.
So no sympathy here.

True, but at the same time, the same could be said for Anita (don't know much about Quinn). She fully intended to rustle as many jimmies as possible, even going as far as to outright lie her a** off, to push an agenda.

...She had to know there'd be backlash. She's dishonest. Not stupid.

Not that that oks the backlash. As I said before, she has a right to her opinion. But so does the guy screaming "NIGGERS BACK TO AFRICA!!!" at a group of black people. Sure, they have the right...but you don't need a crystal ball to know how that's going to end...
black_wing_angel
She fully intended to rustle as many jimmies as possible, even going as far as to outright lie her a** off, to push an agenda.

She lied? When?

Heroic Hero

I play video games sometimes, but I don't read news articles about video games, so until this thread I had no idea that Gamer Gate existed, and I'm still not really sure what it is (don't feel like reading a lot about it).

As a side note I think it's annoying that everyone is using hashtags all the time now in referencing something. Like, is that a thing? I don't really care for that. Is Gamergate a thing that I should know or care about? Guess that one missed me by

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Maltese_Falcon91
black_wing_angel
She fully intended to rustle as many jimmies as possible, even going as far as to outright lie her a** off, to push an agenda.

She lied? When?

Just when I thought nobody would ask. 3nodding

And this is not the only case, just the first one to turn up in a search.

Oh, and disclaimer: There's some bare female chests in the video, pertaining to gameplay footage. Though mostly in passing. Potentially NSFW.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
September the Eleventh
One thing I still don't get about Gamergate after reading up on it some is why it's so important? I mean people did get doxxed and harassed and that sucks and needs to stop, but that's been happening already?

It's not really just Anita has a financial interest in keeping the shitstorm going

Basically she posts bait what gets eaten up by ******** who then do the whole Harassing thing
she publicly overreacts about internet death and rape threats

She then gets paid to do interviews about said Harassing and ******** donate cash to her because she being Harassed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff