Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unsealed Seeker

Mayor of Murderwood
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood

He's doing a pretty sufficient job of proving the claims on his own, frankly.

I'm actually convinced now that you just like arguing/debating with people, and don't actually care about a conclusion.

The problem is that a conclusion has already been reached. You're continuing it. And you enjoy it.

Or you're just trolling. That could be possible too.
You keep running me in loops arguing about super logical detail that isn't truely relavent to the subject. The "wonderful" thing about online and text, is that anyone can see it however they wish, and choose to take what side they wish to take it as, regardless of it's right or wrong.

One could argue that people are trying to point out that i'm being a hypocrit by providing an overall blanket statement about people without knowing them as a specific person, and then turning around getting upset when people are doing the same to me. The only issue with that is that that is not what I've been doing. I did not generalize. I have said it time and time again that I am not making claims that "all woman are terrible people".

And i have yet to see how i've proven myself to be an entitled and selfish. People misunderstanding and being adamant about their beliefs does not make a selfish person. I am certainly not adamant about my own.

As far as i can tell, this is a typical kindergarten children argument of the back and foruth "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" coming from you. Please show me anywhere in this thread that i have outright attacked someone personally that confirms I'm inconsiderate? What negativity have i actually shown other than trying to explain to people what i was meaning, and disagreeing with their claims that i'm a selfish p***k? People have labeled me, and i'm the wrong one for not accepting that label?

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood

I'm actually convinced now that you just like arguing/debating with people, and don't actually care about a conclusion.

The problem is that a conclusion has already been reached. You're continuing it. And you enjoy it.

You can't judge me without knowing me.

Sound familiar?

Quote:
You keep running me in loops arguing about super logical detail that isn't truely relavent to the subject.

Only because you keep running around questions I'm asking you that have still gone unanswered.

Quote:
One could argue that people are trying to point out that i'm being a hypocrit by providing an overall blanket statement about people without knowing them as a specific person, and then turning around getting upset when people are doing the same to me. The only issue with that is that that is not what I've been doing. I did not generalize. I have said it time and time again that I am not making claims that "all woman are terrible people".

Except for the whole bit where personal experience is not solid evidence for an argument to be made.

Quote:
And i have yet to see how i've proven myself to be an entitled and selfish.

Well, you HAVE admitted that you want someone to be with so they can take care of you.

Quote:
As far as i can tell, this is a typical kindergarten children argument of the back and foruth "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" coming from you.

Not really. I'm providing some good intellectual discussion in a thread where there is little to none. Not my fault you disagree.

Quote:
Please show me anywhere in this thread that i have outright attacked someone personally that confirms I'm inconsiderate?

See above.

Quote:
What negativity have i actually shown other than trying to explain to people what i was meaning, and disagreeing with their claims that i'm a selfish p***k?

See above.

Quote:
People have labeled me, and i'm the wrong one for not accepting that label?

You're wrong due to misleading people on a false assumption. We've already established this.

Unsealed Seeker

Mayor of Murderwood
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood

Sound familiar?

Quote:
You keep running me in loops arguing about super logical detail that isn't truely relavent to the subject.

Only because you keep running around questions I'm asking you that have still gone unanswered.

Quote:

Except for the whole bit where personal experience is not solid evidence for an argument to be made.

Quote:

Well, you HAVE admitted that you want someone to be with so they can take care of you.

Quote:
As far as i can tell, this is a typical kindergarten children argument of the back and foruth "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" coming from you.

Not really. I'm providing some good intellectual discussion in a thread where there is little to none. Not my fault you disagree.

Quote:
Please show me anywhere in this thread that i have outright attacked someone personally that confirms I'm inconsiderate?

See above.

Quote:
What negativity have i actually shown other than trying to explain to people what i was meaning, and disagreeing with their claims that i'm a selfish p***k?

See above.

Quote:

You're wrong due to misleading people on a false assumption. We've already established this.

*facepalm*
Once again, your entire argument is "I'm right because i'm right".

I've clearly justified all the things you say i havn't, And you completely ignore them.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood
Luc Zeal
Mayor of Murderwood
Luc Zeal

Sound familiar?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

See above.

Quote:

See above.

Quote:

*facepalm*
Once again, your entire argument is "I'm right because i'm right".

More like "I'm right because I've successfully proven my side with evidence both in this thread and from your public journal which shows more about you," but hey, you're going to whine about that as well, so why bother at this point?

Quote:
I've clearly justified all the things you say i havn't, And you completely ignore them.

I can justify slavery; that doesn't make it alright.

Unsealed Seeker

Well, it's been fun, as i've encountered a few sincere people, and that's all I was hoping for. I know I said this before, but I think I'm going to say it again and mean it this time. I have no more reason to take part in this pointless negativity. For those who were sincere, thankyou. I'll see if I can muster up some kind of reward for your troubles. For everyone else, you may continue to throw labels and be misleading to your leasure. Ta.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Now, before you decide to jump down my throat a second time, lets review a few things:

Luc Zeal
Yes, you're right I may not be doing myself any favors, but I guess that sorta plays with the fact that I don't believe doing favors is going to change much anymore. At this point in my life ive got nothing to lose, and sometimes people just need the closure of being able to speak their mind about how they feel about things, regardless of people's ability to take it correctly.

You acknowledged that you might not have presented your argument in the right way, yet you justify it by going "well, I just want closure, despite what others think." So really, you're not providing much of a discussion; rather, you're using this as a means to vent (probably better saved to your journal).

Quote:
I steered clear of making a title that just simply said "Girls don't care", because I disbelieve that. The title is appropriate, but maybe only for myself in the sense that I may have just in the moment needed reassurance and an answer to the question.

Same post, down to the next paragraph. Here, you point out that yes, the title probably was misleading (hence you changing it to better suit the gist of what you were getting after), but your reasoning was not for the sake of your argument, but for your own validation and reassurance. It does point to selfishness on a subconscious level.

Quote:
The OP was a question, not a statement, as so many people seem to be caught up in misunderstanding. Sometimes things are in fact as simple as they appear.

Now, the problem here is that I can't actually go back and see what you wrote the first time, since it seems you wrote the OP over again (which is fine, kudos for making the change, I'll read it once I'm done here), but from what I recall, there were no questions asked, only statements. And what stuck out to me was the statement of "I know that not all women are uncaring, but the ones I interact with seem to be." To me, and to others, this is where things went bad for you. Basically, it leads on two assumptions:

1) That a conclusion seemed to have led from this that would make one believe that you were starting to think that all women are uncaring.
2) That personal opinion means more than how people really interact.

Moving along, here's what gets me the most about this:

Quote:
That being that I expected a bit more flak and unreason from people. (Not that that is what i wanted.. I never do, but it seems to be the norm). And a lot less reasonable responses.

You half-expected to get your opinion shot down when there were "reasonable" people posting here, yet do a complete 180 when others called you out on the same things I called you on. You are baffled, wondering why people are thinking the wrong thing about you, yet in the same thread many posts earlier, you state you expected to get attacked, in a manner of speaking.

You asked for evidence. I'm providing it.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Luc Zeal
Well, it's been fun, as i've encountered a few sincere people, and that's all I was hoping for. I know I said this before, but I think I'm going to say it again and mean it this time. I have no more reason to take part in this pointless negativity. For those who were sincere, thankyou. I'll see if I can muster up some kind of reward for your troubles. For everyone else, you may continue to throw labels and be misleading to your leasure. Ta.

Don't get me wrong; everything I've said has been with 100% sincerity.

Newbie Noob

Henrika
No one is "supposed" to be anything.
Agreed, they're only either a female or a male and that's it.

Newbie Noob

Luc Zeal
Is this perspective from only/mostly online interactions with women, if so, that might be the problem. The internet is a mean place (which is why I love it).
DarkSohisohi
Luc Zeal
Is this perspective from only/mostly online interactions with women, if so, that might be the problem. The internet is a mean place (which is why I love it).

Or he's a nervous wreck around women because he never learned that women are just like everyone else.

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Lucky~9~Lives
Luc Zeal
If I was to go off shear personal experience though, I would easily claim that it did cover 100% of girls.

That sounds a little twisted.
- ninja

¿Where does the inlaid quote come from?

Prodigal Mage

Luc Zeal
haunting heaven

Wrong.

Nope.

Quote:
At this point your words are just gibberish.

Do you know what gibberish is?

Quote:
You can continue to make arrogant ignorant claims about who i am and what my life is,

I'm only making a claim about your self-entitled behavior. Beyond that I've made no claims. I don't know what your life is. I do, however, know that women don't owe you anything and that if a woman passes on dating you, assuming she is selfish and uncaring because of that is REALLY self-centered and entitled on your part.

Quote:
but the only way you'd ever actually be able to legitimately make those claims if it you knew me,

Dude, you have revealed certain aspects of your character through your posts. Like, unless you're a troll who means nothing that you've written, your words mean something.

Quote:
and at which point you would disagree with what you're saying.

No. I might have more reason to be more gentle with what I'm saying, but knowing you wouldn't magically change the content of your OP.

Quote:
I am not self-entitled.

You are, and you have yet to actually demonstrate how you aren't. And you know what? Maybe you should let this be a reason to examine your own mindset a little more closely, huh?

Quote:
I am a part of a transgender community.

I don't really care if you are or not. Just stop being a transmisogynist.

Quote:
You've missed everything entirely

You keep saying this, but you still haven't demonstrated how I'm wrong. Disagreeing isn't an argument.

Quote:
and have jumped on conclusions based on what you think could be possible,

Based on things you've actually said, dude.

Quote:
and refuse to believe otherwise.

Because you have continued to stand by the entitled nature of your OP.

Quote:
Don't be a hypocrit and tell me that my views of my own experiences are incorrect

This isn't really about your views concerning your experiences. It's about how you view women through the lens of your experiences. And if you sit there thinking women are selfish and uncaring because they don't want to date you, then how can you not see how entitled that is?

Quote:
and then turn around and refuse to believe anything other than me being a selfish person.

I like how you're upset that people have told you you're selfish, when your topic here was created to accuse women of the very same. So, if women are selfish and uncaring for not dating you, are you selfish and uncaring for not dating the men who have supposedly hit on you?

Quote:
You know nothing about me. Period.

So... you didn't write the OP?

Quote:
You're just coming as one of those ill-feminists that believe that since i'm "male" and appear to be targetting women,

You ARE targeting women. There's no "appear" about it. Like, did you not read your own post?

Quote:
you need to react critically.

When men attack women because women don't want to ******** them, you better believe I'm going to react critically.

Quote:
I'm not even going to try to convince you that i'm transgender myself, because that will just tickle your gears in new ways.

Even if you were, that doesn't make your comments about transwomen any less transmisogynistic, dude. It's the content of the comments, not who is saying them.

Quote:
You are clueless. Nothing but abusive.

Here's the thing:

Everybody gets rejected. Everybody goes through crap. But do you know what not everybody does? Blame entire groups of people for their own personal pain. Nor does everybody decide that because someone doesn't want to date them, it must imply selfishness on their part. You are WRONG about this. And it's that wrongness that is prompting people to call you out here. You should examine your own mindset and actions instead of simply getting defensive. Note that several people have told you that your claims in the OP are entitled and incorrect. Think about that.

Also, it's worth noting that you could have spoken about your experiences in a way that wasn't (1) super entitled and (2) super sexist. You could have framed the discussion so it centered on how it is difficult being a person who is chronically ill, how you've faced personal rejection without demonizing the women who have rejected you. But as it is now, you're just another Nice Guy wondering why his "niceness" hasn't enticed women into sleeping with him yet.

Unsealed Seeker

ratgirl34

Cassidy Peterson

Yoshpet

Suicidesolidier#1

well murr

Pessimist

Divine_Malevolence

Raptor Mechanic

MLEtheDancer

rosiea184

harpsdesire

Her chloe kitten

Arcoon Effox

far_river_arms_section_vi

Mei tsuki7

SirPuzzle

SylverStar

angelofdark666

OneEyedPurplePeopleEater

haunting heaven

Thankyou for not being closed minded about this, and at least stepping back to accept mistakes and clarifying.

Enjoy your gifts, and hope they aren't too useless.

scrivenly's Partner

Fashionable Shopper

Luc Zeal
My original title to this thread literally was a question regarding if they were or not, and people threw a fit about that, so i changed it... That question was derrived from the fact that I have been refused in the past on several occasions due to my high demands of upkeep.

You mean this question: Do woman care nothing other than themselves?

Because this is exactly what I've been saying. You're assuming that because someone does not want to date you that she is selfish and cares only about herself. The fact that a woman doesn't want to date you does not mean that she is uncaring and materialistic and you have yet to give me any reason as to why I should believe this. Your whole answer to my question does not answer my question in the slightest.

How are they uncaring and materialistic simply because they do not want to date YOU. And even assuming that the reason you've given for being turned down "on several occasions" (what is that? four? five? I don't think that's really enough to make the broad generalizing sweeps you did) is true, that doesn't necessarily make them uncaring or materialistic. Actually, materialism has absolutely nothing to do with it, so you're going to need a different excuse for that one.

You expect a woman to become saddled to you for the rest of her life (or your life) and when she doesn't want to be forced into sticking around with you forever, you claim that's selfish of her. What about you? Do you not see the selfishness in your request? Of course, I already know you don't since you have on at least two occasions claimed that you are selfless.

Quote:
At that point it isn't a view (which i've been trying to explain to people), but an ongoing experience.

Based on an unrealistic expectation and faulty conclusions. You expect a caring woman to act in a certain manner and when that woman does not act in the manner you have delineated as caring, you deem her selfish.

Quote:
I have not let that get in the way though, and have continued to try to be respectful and considerate to people.

Mhm. It's so considerate of you to make a post complaining about all these selfish women in your life. Great job.

Quote:
My inside concerns about society don't often reflect how I actually go about treating people. I treat people as an individual as they come, because i want people to do the same for me. I'm anti-label and generalizing (even though people can't seem to see that either).

"If I was to go off shear [sic] personal experience though, I would easily claim that it did cover 100% of girls."

Uhuh, you were saying? This right here is you NOT treating people as individuals.

Quote:
Look at this thread?

Riiiight, this thread. rolleyes

No. This thread is not proof that girls are uncaring and selfish. This thread is proof that when someone decides to insult the majority of women that people aren't just going to sit back and let that happen.

Quote:
In my original OP, i think i mentioned that rather than girls bothering to see what's up, they give me opposition.

Are you talking about this?

Quote:
if you so much as question it, rather than them trying to prove otherwise by means of.. you know.. showing that they infact do care.. They just attack or claim self defensive aggression.

Because that's a load of s**t. You assume that a woman should be all "Oh, you think I'm selfish and uncaring and materialistic and that I only care about myself? Well, to prove that I'm not I'm going to be really nice to you and show you what an awesome person I am."

Of course, she'll get mad at you if you claim s**t like that. That doens't prove that she isn't a caring person; it proves that you are an entitled p***k for assuming that she shouldn't get angry.

Quote:
The fact that so many of them in this thread have thrown blame and labels as strongly as they have proves my point. There are probably just as many other girls that haven't though, and even one person actually PMd me positively.

So it doesn't prove your point. rolleyes

And there's nothing wrong with us not wanting some entitled guy to say that women are being selfish because they don't want to take care of him.

Quote:
Guys have done the same, yes, but not so extensively.

You are insulting women, not men, so yes, you are bound to get women who are going to be a little more vocal about it. Again, this proves nothing.

Quote:
So it's certainly not gender-oriented, but typically my experiences dictate that guys are all over the map ranging from kind to torturing. I know girl's are the same, but it's not as often i meet a girl that bothers to actually take a look at me.

Maybe because you are only looking for a romantic relationship. Obviously. You assume the problem is the women, but as far as I can tell, it's you.

Quote:
I understand that i came off as attacking women, so it's natural for their first reactions to be "excuse me?" But regardless of how much i have attempted to correct my ill-projection, they refuse to accept that anything other than my first impression to them was true.

Because you're still saying the same things, maybe? It really doesn't matter how much you claim that you aren't labeling ALL women, you are still calling women who do not cater to your needs selfish and materialistic.

Quote:
Except the problem is that those guys have been bi/gay, and only wanted to take care of me for a romantic relationship. If they were in it just for being there for me, i wouldn't have a problem with that, but they wanted more than i could give them myself. And while I don't disagree with them wanting that romanticship, I felt like I could not give them the love they wanted in return. It simply would not work out.

So, what you're saying is that they were being selfish. All these men that you claimed were caring because they are throwing themselves at your feet and offered to take care of you really WEREN'T being caring because they simply wanted to sleep with you.

Okay, thanks for clearing that one up. Where is your point now exactly?

Quote:
Yep. Based on their own words. I have literally been told by some girls that they want someone who can support them. If that's not following them and considering their views, then I don't know what is.

Oh, wow. People want things? Like the way you want a girlfriend to take care of you? How does a girl saying that she wants to be taken care of make her uncaring and materialistic, but you demanding someone you are attracted to to take care of you totes not selfish?

You have literally claimed that a woman who doesn't want to take care of you is selfish and materialistic (without even backing up that claim), so I'm pretty sure I know you enough to know that you are an entitled p***k who expects that a woman should take care of him.

And did it ever even occur to you that maybe these girls have some sort of disability that requires someone to take care of them just like you? Or that they've been raised in a society that tells women they are weak and need a big, strong man to take care of them, so they just don't know any better?

Wanting to have someone support you throughout life doesn't make you selfish. It's natural to want an easy life without struggle. What is selfish is trying to initiate a romantic relationship with someone when you know that you will be forcing that person into a tough position. You want a girlfriend even though you know your life is hard and (supposedly) that this woman would have to deal with that burden right along with you.

So, seriously. Stop this whole "I'm so selfless so why aren't women climbing into bed with me." It's just gross.

Quote:
I am well aware that not every woman is like that... Very well aware, and i have said that time and time again in this thread, and people continue to hold onto the understanding that i've said otherwise.

I'll quote something from my original response to you:

Quote:
your claim is that all the girls you've ever met have not cared about you and thus they are selfish, uncaring, emotional, materialistic wenches. You try to claim that since you are only basing this conclusion on your personal view that you can't possibly think that all women are like this.

Except it really doesn't work like that. I don't need to know you to understand that whether or not you consciously realize it that you do, indeed, view at least the majority of women in this manner. Now, how can I assume this? Well, first, the very fact that you just HAD to add in the whole "if I was basing this completely off personal experience, I would sure as hell say that all women are totes depraved" shows a line of thinking that leads right on to "women are totes depraved."

Second, you immediately jump from "womenz don't like me" to "so they must be selfish little brats." This shows a problem with your thinking. No one is required to like you, so you have no right to claim that they're selfish.

As someone else mentioned, you have unreasonable expectations about women. The very fact that you're discouraged because women aren't treating you the way you think they should is abundant proof of this.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Luc Zeal
40+billion gold worth of love was given in the making of this silly thread. Unless you want to count that 4 trillion market value item aswell, but eh. None of this really matters, because I'm a just a silly selfish entitled p***k "nice guy".

Ta for now people, good luck in your adventures in Gaia, and don't forget that being respectful and open-minded has it's benefits.

Practice what you preach.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces