Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were you disappointed that the Supernatural pilot based in Chicago wasn't picked up by the network?

Yes! 0.34 34.0% [ 34 ]
Not really. 0.41 41.0% [ 41 ]
That was a pilot? 0.25 25.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]

Fatcat

I loved this show. Then I saw the Bloody Mary one (always been a freaky believer in that) and got scared the s**t out of and said ******** it. I couldn't sleep that night or the next from scary noises.. I live in a basement.. ;o;

Anxious Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
ScorpionsApprentice
JPandS
ScorpionsApprentice

I know. She was the longest running recurring character (minus the boys of course)....but she's been there since season 1, and even outran Bobby. It was crazy. She started out a full throttle enemy, and became something a lot more complicated to them...almost a friend! Sam even confided in her before her end, of his own free will!

I knew he couldn't do it, but I know what you mean. I was like he can't kill Dean, OMG CAS STOP HURTING DEAN gonk Dean's pleading broke my heart...I literally melted into a pile of goop crying And then the hysteric note he got when he thought he'd failed at getting through to Cas right before Cas healed him...I was like burning_eyes gonk It was heart-wrenching in both a terrible and amazing way. They're both such phenomenal actors, I can't take it. It was very similar to that scene with Lucifer, but different in a few key points which I find to be very telling of both Dean, and his relationship to Sam and Cas. If you'd like I'll elaborate whee And do you have any theories on why Cas left? I was hoping he'd stay too...but I read something today that made me think a lot about why he might of gone into hiding.

Aw thanks wink I change it like all the time rofl

They are great actors! I just have always sympathized for Dean because he's always been so tight-roped about his family and close close friends and loyal! His pleading to Cas was just reaffirmation of why I've always favored him. He puts up a tough front but secretly he's clinging to the people he cares for most who all seem to be in danger of dying or leaving him emo But I would love for you to elaborate! As for why Cas left, I can't really say I've got any strong theories about that but I'd love to hear about it 3nodding

Oh yes, I totally agree. Dean has always been, and will always be my favorite heart It's actually a problem how in love with him I am sweatdrop And it's not just because of how hot he is, because you're totally right. On the outside he acts like this hardened warrior, but he's still so emotional and caring for the people he loves, and rather vulnerable. Over the seasons, he's gotten more open about this, which is so telling about his character development. And he's always selfless, whereas I think Sam is much more selfish. Kinda comes with the territory of their birth order and how they were raised, but still evil

OKAY! So in Swan Song, when Dean came to Sam and let Lucifer beat the crap out of him...he kept repeating "It's OK Sammy; I'm here. I won't leave you." He went to Sam so his brother wouldn't have to die alone, and he kept reassuring Sam that he wouldn't leave him; he wouldn't abandon his brother. He was telling his brother he'd always be there for him, no matter what, and essentially was still in the protective big brother mode. He stayed strong for Sam. For the first few seasons, Sam was dealing with being a freak and rejected by his family and the normal society he so desperately wanted to be a part of. In Swan Song, Dean proved that he'd never reject or abandon his brother, not even when he was the Devil, and that strong brotherly bond is what broke Lucifer's control over Sam. In Goodbye Stranger, after Dean was done egging Cas on in a rather maliciously sarcastic way, Dean said to Cas "this isn't you. We're family. We need you. I need you." This is completely different than what he did in Swan Song. Here, Dean is probably the most vulnerable I have ever seen him. First off, he hasn't called Cas family since before he went off the rocker in season 6, so that's a big deal because he's finally fully forgiven Cas, and just reminded him of how much family means to Dean. And yes, he told Cas he needed him in Purgatory, but that was because he couldn't leave Cas behind again; couldn't lose another person he cared for (and Cas for like the 3rd time), and didn't want to leave Cas in that hellhole. This was completely different. Dean completely shed his macho-strong heroism and showed another person, Cas specifically, how raw and sappy and needy his inner self really is. If you think about it, the two of them were always this way to each other to a degree; they confide in each other in ways neither of them can do with Sam (for example: Dean tells Cas I'm not strong enough after Alistair beats him, and Cas openly admits to Dean he's afraid he'll commit suicide if he sees what he did to heaven, where they both clam up when Sam's around). They know each other better than anyone else, and even when the other is hiding something, they can almost always tell exactly what it is, or at least be in the ballpark of what's wrong. Dean and Cas are more equals, and they lean heavily on one another for advice, assurance, and safety (whereas with Sam, Dean always feels the need to protect him, even now with having to "carry him", and Cas just isn't that close to Sam). This was the pinnacle of their profound bond and their codependency, and that's what broke through to Cas to get him to stop, and I think touching the tablet completely erradicated Naomi's voice in his ear.

Now, about the tablet and why Cas ran...first I'll say, that I think it's interesting Naomi ONLY had Cas kill fake Deans to prepare him for what was to come. This can be taken 2 ways, and I think both are interesting, but the latter has everything to do with why Cas might of run. First off, Naomi is aware of the connection Dean and Cas have, and that Dean is potentially the only one who can shake her hold on Cas (because I think if she had Cas go after Sam, he would have killed Sam). Second, Dean is the one meant to close Heaven and the only one who can. Think about it...Sam was the Devil's vessel, and the one who passed the trial to close to doors to Hell. Dean was Michael's vessel, and probably the one who will close the doors to Heaven. If this is true, it explains a great deal of the episode...why Naomi had Cas kill thousands of Deans to prepare him to kill the real Dean (and if the second part is true about Dean's role with the tablet, then I think the first part is true as well; she knows his connection to Dean and that he wouldn't willingly do it, even if Dean is a threat to them, so she has Cas practice before truly taking out his best friend). It also explains why Cas said he had to protect the tablet from both Naomi AND Dean. And it also gives reasons as to why Crowley and Naomi met and Crowley said lets make a deal before this gets any worse...they're both the big powers of Heaven and Hell, and although they're sworn enemies, they have a common goal in this. They don't want their gates closed to the mortal world, either of them, because then it causes an imbalance in their power structure and cuts them off from humanity, which they both so love to play with.

This whole post is food for thought. eek I was a whimpering mess for basically that whole episode, aside from when Crowley was making jokes, because to be honest I heart Crowley, but I just was repeating, "nononononononononononononono crying gonk "

I don't cope well with that b***h Naomi controlling Cas. It's too much. And when she told him to kill Dean and he very nearly did, I almost died inside, oh my god. And Meg had a cute moment with Cas, which was sweet as anything and it makes me kind of wish that the writers hadn't killed her off, even if she sort of had it coming despite trying to do a tiny bit of good.

I care way too much about fictional characters, seriously.

rhapsody of armageddon's Significant Otter

Desirable Lunatic

Sophie Elizabeth Ann

This whole post is food for thought. eek I was a whimpering mess for basically that whole episode, aside from when Crowley was making jokes, because to be honest I heart Crowley, but I just was repeating, "nononononononononononononono crying gonk "

I don't cope well with that b***h Naomi controlling Cas. It's too much. And when she told him to kill Dean and he very nearly did, I almost died inside, oh my god. And Meg had a cute moment with Cas, which was sweet as anything and it makes me kind of wish that the writers hadn't killed her off, even if she sort of had it coming despite trying to do a tiny bit of good.

I care way too much about fictional characters, seriously.

Lol thanks. I can't take total credit for my idea on the tablets. I read a blurb about it somewhere and I was like OMG THAT'S ******** BRILLIANT THAT'S TOTALLY WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!! But I constantly analyze the characters and their relationships 3nodding It's like my favorite thing to do.

Naomi is a whore and a b***h. I hate her too, and her control over Cas was killing me, so i'm glad it's over now. I almost died watching that scene myself, but I knew Cas couldn't kill Dean. I was on the edge of my seat biting my nails to bits, but I knew he couldn't do it. They love each other too much heart I actually really liked Meg since season 6, and when her and Cad developed a thing I totally loved it, so I was really sad to see her go, but at the same time, I thought it was a perfect end to her. Full circle, heart-wrenching, and redeeming. Crowley I have a love hate relationship with. I love his lines because he's hysterical, but once he corrupted Castiel I was like evil I HATE YOU!

Oh, I know what you mean. I care way too much about them too. Idk what I'd do without Supernatural heart

Arrogant-Arse

Lol...that was all the way back in season 1! Or maybe it was season 2...still, that was a long time ago. So you stopped watching it after that? Because the show has gotten WAY better since then...you're totally missing out.

Vermillion Shade

11,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
-Drools on thread- I'm hooooooome

Demonic Smoker

6,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Muddy Niccals

Your signature... I died.
LOOOL.

Vermillion Shade

11,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
oShut up Meg
Muddy Niccals

Your signature... I died.
LOOOL.

It's Jensen Quackles baby yeeeah~

Ruthless Darling

13,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • PvP 200
ScorpionsApprentice

Ah yes, my obsession with Dean is probably a bit severe too sweatdrop I just love his character!

Nevertheless, wow! Those theories make so much sense. You're right about Dean's relationship with Sam and Cas being different. And I agree that birth order had a big influence on why Dean and Sam are so different. Also, the idea that the brothers are both keys to closing the gates of Heaven and Hell is so juicy! This definitely gives me a lot to think about and now I can't wait til the next episode xd
great fan of this show, but i like when they stick to the basics, not prometheus stories ^^.

My litlle bro (9) is so into the supernatural ghosts stories ! He wanders around with his "ghost observer" app thinking he is dean :p

Questionable Streaker

I finally caught up episodes! I keep forgetting and skipping and all that... oops.

It's alright, for once Cas felt like he had a meaningful prescence, like he wasn't just a fan addition (his strange escape from purgatory is being properly addressed now). I'll try and keep up in future, I promise.

Ruthless Darling

13,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • PvP 200
Boby Galactus

My litlle bro (9) is so into the supernatural ghosts stories ! He wanders around with his "ghost observer" app thinking he is dean :p

That's awesome! 3nodding

Desirable Lunatic

JPandS
ScorpionsApprentice

Ah yes, my obsession with Dean is probably a bit severe too sweatdrop I just love his character!

Nevertheless, wow! Those theories make so much sense. You're right about Dean's relationship with Sam and Cas being different. And I agree that birth order had a big influence on why Dean and Sam are so different. Also, the idea that the brothers are both keys to closing the gates of Heaven and Hell is so juicy! This definitely gives me a lot to think about and now I can't wait til the next episode xd

OMG I HATE NAOMI SO MUCH evil I can't wait for her to die!

Ruthless Darling

13,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • PvP 200
ScorpionsApprentice

Same here!
I was so glad Dean wasn't buying her crap but now that she's sort of done them a favor I'm like noooo don't get nice with her please gonk Only time will tell I guess. Looks like we won't find out next ep though. That one definitely looks to be a filler.

Desirable Lunatic

JPandS
ScorpionsApprentice

Same here!
I was so glad Dean wasn't buying her crap but now that she's sort of done them a favor I'm like noooo don't get nice with her please gonk Only time will tell I guess. Looks like we won't find out next ep though. That one definitely looks to be a filler.

You sure? I'm pretty sure Cas is coming back in the next episode...not 100% positive though.

I know; I was SO happy that Dean was like screw you I'm not buying it at first...but it looks like her plan worked pretty well, and she seeded a tiny thread of doubt into Dean's belief in Cas gonk It depressed me so much. I really REALLY hope he ends up not believing her, and that he chooses to keep believing in Cas. I can't take it if they have another bond-shattering fight gonk

Ruthless Darling

13,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • PvP 200
ScorpionsApprentice

You sure? I'm pretty sure Cas is coming back in the next episode...not 100% positive though.

I know; I was SO happy that Dean was like screw you I'm not buying it at first...but it looks like her plan worked pretty well, and she seeded a tiny thread of doubt into Dean's belief in Cas gonk It depressed me so much. I really REALLY hope he ends up not believing her, and that he chooses to keep believing in Cas. I can't take it if they have another bond-shattering fight gonk

From the preview I saw I assumed it was xd But if it isn't then I'll be so much more excited emotion_awesome I too hope that Dean keeps his mind straight with the I don't trust angels motto unless you're name is Cas. lol If he does end up believing her I'll probably be throwing things at the tv xd

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
Anyone do that Mishapocolyspt on Tumblr the other day? I totally missed it! crying

Arrogant-Arse
I loved this show. Then I saw the Bloody Mary one (always been a freaky believer in that) and got scared the s**t out of and said ******** it. I couldn't sleep that night or the next from scary noises.. I live in a basement.. ;o;

That episode scared the hell outta me too!
But now it's not scary (the odd episode now and again) and still awesome ><

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces