Welcome to Gaia! ::

Were you disappointed that the Supernatural pilot based in Chicago wasn't picked up by the network?

Yes! 0.34 34.0% [ 34 ]
Not really. 0.41 41.0% [ 41 ]
That was a pilot? 0.25 25.0% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]

I'm on board with Loper on this one; I didn't find it particularly awesome. Not to mention it wasn't closed up neatly, and I can just feel that they're probably not gonna go back to this, or catch the trail of the Amazons.

Also, the camera work with Dean and the woman in the bar (for the life of me I can't remember her name...but I remember Emma...urgh), when they were just zooming in all over the place on their eyes and lips...it kind of had me laughing a lot.

So...yeah. Not the best filler episode, but they did throw in some foreshadowing or whatever it be with "Bobby's ghost."

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
My thoughts on The Slice Girls,

It was rather boring and very easy to predict. And I find it strange that they didn't pick an actress who hasn't been on the show before to play Emma. The actress was the same girl who played Missy Bender.

I did like the fact that Dean had Bobby's flask and how they admitted that they wanted to call him. It showed how much they really loved him. (Not that we did already know that but still)
And Professor Morrison I kind of liked him. Plus everytime he was on screen I ended up thinking of Buffy lol.

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
I think you misunderstood what they meant... When Dean kept telling Sam to "call him", they were talking about the professor. They were so used to Bobby being expedient about getting them their information and the professor was taking too long for Dean's tastes. That's why he kept pressuring Sam to make the call.

As for the cheese factor, you have to remember that these guys are paying homage to the greats of the horror genre. Sam Raimi, George Romero, Peter Jackson (pre-LotR) and all the rest. These guys were the kings of horror movies but they also laid the cheese on pretty thick. So blood spattering everywhere, bodies getting tossed around, death and dismemberment, it all plays into that

Romantic Explorer

So my dvr failed to record it last night. scream scream scream scream scream scream crying crying crying crying crying crying

Adorable Lunatic

Slice Girls was not my favorite filler, but not my least favorite, either!
The ending felt like a bit of a letdown, with them not being able to take out those Amazonian bitches (which I felt they could have made look and act a little more badass, but meh).
Overall a solid episode, but could have used a dose of oomph.
I wonder what road they're going to take regarding the Bobby's ghost theme...at first, the beer bottle being emptied felt mysterious and intriguing, but having Sam and Dean bring up the question of whether Bobby was still around was a bit much a bit soon.
I think they could have incorporated subtler hints at the possibility rather than suggesting it just three episodes after Death's Door.

Dapper Hunter

Wow, would you look at that! I've returned. Entirely temporarily. My computer... er, died, not terribly long ago, and I can't access Gaia unless I'm on a friend's computer, sadly, now that my classroom network blocked Gaia (those heathens!). At any rate:

So the last episode wasn't bad. We got to see Dean shirtless, so I can't complain there. However, and I forgot to mention this to my wife earlier, but Dean sans hand-print actually really... upset me. I think I temporarily blocked it out, but. Wow, yeah. The wife and I have special significance with that particular brand, and so... Mm. Just kind felt wrong. Glad to see they didn't forget his tattoo. :

Adorable Lunatic

About the hand print, have we ever seen it after Lazarus Rising?
I can't recall.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
The last time I remember seeing it was when Anna and Dean were bumping uglies in 'Heaven and Hell', and she put her grubby little mitts all over it...

sweatdrop

Sorry. I just really never liked Anna.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Cassie Eats Cockroaches
Wow, They've proved time and time again that even people who've been cremated can come back as spirits, if there is a totem left in the world with which their spirit is still attached.!

I tinks it's dat flask. 3nodding

Questionable Streaker

XoEvil _AngelXo
So my dvr failed to record it last night. scream scream scream scream scream scream crying crying crying crying crying crying
You didn't hear this from me, but click here for rainbows.

It's the only way, bar buying the series when it comes out, I can watch it.

Dapper Hunter

Yeah, I'd have to go back and check, but the wife is right, it definitely was in Heaven and Hell. Dean, unfortunately, doesn't get shirtless all too often, so it's not a lot to work with.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
What can I say, I loved this episode!

The little ticking clock like on 24, Sam trying so hard to convince Dean he wasn't scared of clowns, even though his face was like "DO NOT WANT", Dean and that frickin' Slinky and of course, Sam covered in glitter and calling the clowns Juggalos. I squeed and clapped at that.

Also, that unicorn with rainbows and sparkles flying out its a**. That was epic. Now I'm really excited for next week, 'cause... Marksha.
emotion_awesome

Questionable Streaker

Either my standards are getting higher or Supernatural's getting worse.

A friend of mine who normally stays up until 2am to watch it live didn't watch it. She said she could be bothered. I don't blame her.

Sure, it was meant to be a kind of goofy episode, but where's the terror? For various reasons, I watched Bloody Mary as my very first SPN episode. It actually scared me so much that when I decided to watch all the episodes, I pulled a Star Wars (By watching seasons 4, 5 & 6 first) because I was too terrified to watch season one.
That was roughly a year ago.

I'm easy to scare. Doctor bloody Who still scares the hell out of me. I could probably go back and watch a particularly horrible episode from s1/s2 and have bad sleeping patterns for days.

But this didn't even begin to scare me. I found myself paying more attention to the Six Nations than the episode (Italy v. England by the way. England won 19-13.)

However, next week's episode looks good, even if I was a bit irked about demons (Still manage to stir up a bit of danger and panic when they appear, but they're getting a tad old). Hoping things shall improve
then.

Romantic Explorer

Well then, I loved this episode especially since I can relate with Sam. I hate clowns! They scare me but anyway it was a good episode. I have to agree with Loper a bit. These episodes aren't like what they used to be and I have a feeling it won't be long until Supernatural comes to end BUT I still love the show and impatiently wait for 9pm on Fridays to get here. Also I don't think it was supposed to be a "scary" episode. Can not wait for next Fridays episode, definitely going to be good.

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
They stopped doing "scary episodes" a long time ago... Like, season three, a long time ago. Nowadays, they shove one really scary episode in a season, if we're that lucky. They had to sacrifice those kinds of plots in order to focus on the bigger picture and you have fans on both sides of the fence, screaming for different things.

One camp wants the season to focus on the Big Bad, with only a few standalone episodes, while the other camp wants the show to be just like it was in season one, with more case episodes and focusing more on the Big Bad towards the end of the season.

Oddly enough, at least from what I've seen, the people in the first camp are the majority of the Cas bandwagon jumpers and the second camp is mostly people who started watching in the earlier seasons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff