Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tbh the whole episode was such a set up to me. There's always eight contestants for Snatch Game, and it just so happened that Adore decided to leave before the challenge which left them with the perfect number of eight for Snatch Game. I wish Adore was still there. She's such a breath of fresh air.
I also wish Tatianna would have stayed. I didn't think her Ariana was any worse than Roxxxy's Alaska. Definitely hoping she comes back over Coco though.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
aerin93
Tbh the whole episode was such a set up to me. There's always eight contestants for Snatch Game, and it just so happened that Adore decided to leave before the challenge which left them with the perfect number of eight for Snatch Game. I wish Adore was still there. She's such a breath of fresh air.
I also wish Tatianna would have stayed. I didn't think her Ariana was any worse than Roxxxy's Alaska. Definitely hoping she comes back over Coco though.

gaia_angelleft yum_strawberry

Seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 had 9 contestants.
Season 6 had 10 contestants.

The only Snatch Games with 8 contestants were Seasons 7 and 8.

I've been having a great old think about this episode.
I think Michelle should feel bad about the whole Adore situation. I think to anyone watching that that came off as personal. I'm sad she left, but i think she had to go what was right for her. Taking to social media people have been quite harsh on her saying that she threw a bit of a strop and left, but i dont really see it like that.

I loved Alaska, and I'm hoping for her to win. It was nice to see her lip sync, but i do have to say i think Katyas lip sync was better. But loads of love toward Alaska.

Katya, i think shes very talented. Top two with Alaska for sure. I find when Katyas on the screen i cant seem to take my eyes off of her. She's very captivating.

Detox. Meh, i couldnt told you who she played in snatch game, i really just cant remember.

Ginger. What has happened to her? I think in trying to be more likeable she's sunk into the background.

Roxxy. Should have gone home. her snatch game was awful. To do a character like Alaska and fail, thats just astounding to me. She has so many catch-phrases and her voice and mannerisms, she just fell extremely short. And i dont see that she's stepped anything up. She's just the same roxxy from her season. I dont see her as an all star.

Tatiana- I really like her, i think she went too soon. I dont think she's the best in the competition, but i just liked her. Her Ariana was really bad tho.

Phi Phi- Suprise surprise she's being shady again trying to psych people out. Her snatch game should not have been safe at all. she just sucked.

Alyssa. She's so cute i cant get over it. Her snatch game really redeemed her for the katy perry incident. She's really stepping it up and this is what i want to see from an allstar.

Cupcakesu
aerin93

You right. I swear I remember it always being eight, but I'm also not surprised I remember things wrong. My thoughts about the Adore situation are still conflicted either way.
aerin93
Cupcakesu
aerin93

You right. I swear I remember it always being eight, but I'm also not surprised I remember things wrong. My thoughts about the Adore situation are still conflicted either way. I'm still thinking about the adore situation.

What i kinda think now is, is all stars about showing how they have honed their craft to create their brand and to show how far they have come.

Or is it to keep developing and showing them change their style and push it even further

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Cashmina
I'm still thinking about the adore situation.

What i kinda think now is, is all stars about showing how they have honed their craft to create their brand and to show how far they have come.

Or is it to keep developing and showing them change their style and push it even further

I was always under the assumption it was meant to showcase the star they became from their previous season, showing off their aesthetic and skills, what they can do and emphasizing it more strongly.
Not develop further into something that is not them?
Which I guess is where Adore is coming from.
She was bringing HER best, but then it seemed like they wanted another kind of best, which is why, coupled with all of the crazy emotions she was dealing with, made her doubt being there.
I am now completely in support of the decision she made, especially after watching her periscope video thing where she explained her choice.

Jolly Codger

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just got caught up on the first two episodes through the Logo site. Dunno if I still need to tag spoilers, but I will just to be safe.

I'm excited by this line-up, especially seeing a few favorites there like Katya and Alaska. Very interested in seeing how Phi Phi and Roxxy have changed; I was definitely on the "boo Phi Phi" train for a long time after her season, so I'm watching her in particular.

It's shady to say, but...why was Coco there? When all of the girls were gathered in the first episode, she stuck out to me like a sore thumb. Wasn't terribly surprised when she was the first to go...

Segueing onto the topic of the talent show, can I put myself in the minority and say that I honestly don't think Adore is a great singer? Phi Phi wasn't great either, but I was more into her performance than I was Adore's. But neither had anything on Ginger, ahhh I was sad when Raven said the song was a bad choice; I thought it was lovely.
And mmmmmm Katya, Alaska, Detox, Roxxy, Tatianna--thank you all for being entertaining. Alyssa...that was cute I guess idk.

This is all over the place, I just took pain meds sorry lol
Episode 2~!

So I'm very interested in how the girls are constantly checking in with each other about their guidelines for elimination. It's sort of adorable that they generally insist on fairness and adhering to what the judges say. I mean...will they honestly be able to stick to that when they're down to five girls, and they're all fierce and feeling that familiar drag race burn?

And let's tackle the Adore thing: I'm fine with her going. I think her decision was a fair one--she saw that the competition isn't just "do the best version of your shtick", it's "do the best version of your shtick with every bit of glitz and glam you can pull out of your tuck". And that's, apparently, not what she wants to do. Which is fine. As she pointed out, she's been very successful with her music and her alternative style of drag. She has a unique fanbase, and they love her for being grunge and punk and messy, so to receive criticism telling her to polish and cinch, she felt like the competition wasn't what she needed. *shrug* I'm not her biggest fan anyways, so I'm not gutted to see her leave, but I at least respect why she did. I will say, though, that I agree with a few of the queens that said it's a wasted opportunity for someone that got passed over for Adore to be there. It would have been interesting if they took that chance to bring in another past queen, buuuuut oh well.

Ahhh Phi Phi, are you being shady already? Are you being a ho and sneaking into the other girls' heads?? I'm so happy to see Roxxy determined to play nice and good, so when it looked like Phi Phi was slipping back... emotion_facepalm

That snatch game tho. I was kind of surprised Detox chose Nancy Grace. Was All Stars filmed after S8 had been released, or did she not see Acid Betty flop hard with that character already? Genuine question, I don't know what the timeline for the two seasons is. Either way, it came off as a really weird choice for her, and I wasn't amused. Also wasn't really living for Alyssa's Joan Crawford. The classic film lover in me cried a little, but she did make me giggle whenever she pulled a crazy face...but only because that's Alyssa being Alyssa, not because she was giving me a funny Joan Crawford.
Katyaaaaa, my beautiful weird bug, I am rooting for you so hard, you had me cracking up over your makeup and the noises and the bubbles and eating the ******** card. God you're priceless.
Alaska as Mae West is p e r f e c t i o n. She has the perfect drawl and presence for it, and I loved it.
I saw someone else mention this, and I gotta agree: why is Ginger a background b***h so far? Her Tammy Faye reminded me of Darienne Lake as Paula Deen: funny, but just for a minute because the show didn't seem to wanna focus on her for very long. Really hoping the toad steps it up big.
Phi Phi was pretty good with her character, I just wish she'd gone a bit bigger and louder? From what little I know of the Long Island lady, she's boisterous and emotive. Phi Phi seemed like the watered down version.
And then there was Tati and Roxxy... Girls. Girls girls girls. Why. Roxxy I get that Phi Phi got to you, but why of all second choices did you pick Alaska? Not only is that a big order on a regular day, but she's in the competition with you right now. Even if you were able to pull off her personality, you'd have to be extra funny and catty to make it outshine the person herself. And you didn't. And Tati, why would you pick Ariana Grande if you had nothing clever or funny to do with her? Yeah you looked like her, but that was it. Trying to pull the same "tee hee, I'm a cute dumb popstar" act doesn't work this time like it did with Britney. I was genuinely disappointed she didn't play with the whole "only photograph me from this side because of my dimple!" thing.

The only runway looks I was impressed by were Katya's, Alaska's, and Detox's. The rest were either average or just...disappointing. Looking at you, Phi Phi O'Hara.
As much as I wanted to see Katya win the challenge, I do think Alaska's lip sync ended up being more fun, and either way, it's nice to see my two favorites in the top.
And so we say buh-bye for now to Tati...and I still find myself only mildly interested in what BS the show's gonna pull with the "wait for your revenge" thing. My guess for now is that the eliminated queens will eventually be allowed back just to vote off another contender, like maybe when they're down to five or six. Get the eliminated girls to "avenge" themselves by being allowed to vote off even the top queen of the day or something.

So yeah. Hope any of that made sense, I'm kind of out of it lmao. Looking forward to next week~

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Teilia
I'm a bit late to the party, but I just got caught up on the first two episodes through the Logo site. Dunno if I still need to tag spoilers, but I will just to be safe.

I'm excited by this line-up, especially seeing a few favorites there like Katya and Alaska. Very interested in seeing how Phi Phi and Roxxy have changed; I was definitely on the "boo Phi Phi" train for a long time after her season, so I'm watching her in particular.

It's shady to say, but...why was Coco there? When all of the girls were gathered in the first episode, she stuck out to me like a sore thumb. Wasn't terribly surprised when she was the first to go...

Segueing onto the topic of the talent show, can I put myself in the minority and say that I honestly don't think Adore is a great singer? Phi Phi wasn't great either, but I was more into her performance than I was Adore's. But neither had anything on Ginger, ahhh I was sad when Raven said the song was a bad choice; I thought it was lovely.
And mmmmmm Katya, Alaska, Detox, Roxxy, Tatianna--thank you all for being entertaining. Alyssa...that was cute I guess idk.

Episode 2~!

So I'm very interested in how the girls are constantly checking in with each other about their guidelines for elimination. It's sort of adorable that they generally insist on fairness and adhering to what the judges say. I mean...will they honestly be able to stick to that when they're down to five girls, and they're all fierce and feeling that familiar drag race burn?

And let's tackle the Adore thing: I'm fine with her going. I think her decision was a fair one--she saw that the competition isn't just "do the best version of your shtick", it's "do the best version of your shtick with every bit of glitz and glam you can pull out of your tuck". And that's, apparently, not what she wants to do. Which is fine. As she pointed out, she's been very successful with her music and her alternative style of drag. She has a unique fanbase, and they love her for being grunge and punk and messy, so to receive criticism telling her to polish and cinch, she felt like the competition wasn't what she needed. *shrug* I'm not her biggest fan anyways, so I'm not gutted to see her leave, but I at least respect why she did. I will say, though, that I agree with a few of the queens that said it's a wasted opportunity for someone that got passed over for Adore to be there. It would have been interesting if they took that chance to bring in another past queen, buuuuut oh well.

Ahhh Phi Phi, are you being shady already? Are you being a ho and sneaking into the other girls' heads?? I'm so happy to see Roxxy determined to play nice and good, so when it looked like Phi Phi was slipping back... emotion_facepalm

That snatch game tho. I was kind of surprised Detox chose Nancy Grace. Was All Stars filmed after S8 had been released, or did she not see Acid Betty flop hard with that character already? Genuine question, I don't know what the timeline for the two seasons is. Either way, it came off as a really weird choice for her, and I wasn't amused. Also wasn't really living for Alyssa's Joan Crawford. The classic film lover in me cried a little, but she did make me giggle whenever she pulled a crazy face...but only because that's Alyssa being Alyssa, not because she was giving me a funny Joan Crawford.
Katyaaaaa, my beautiful weird bug, I am rooting for you so hard, you had me cracking up over your makeup and the noises and the bubbles and eating the ******** card. God you're priceless.
Alaska as Mae West is p e r f e c t i o n. She has the perfect drawl and presence for it, and I loved it.
I saw someone else mention this, and I gotta agree: why is Ginger a background b***h so far? Her Tammy Faye reminded me of Darienne Lake as Paula Deen: funny, but just for a minute because the show didn't seem to wanna focus on her for very long. Really hoping the toad steps it up big.
Phi Phi was pretty good with her character, I just wish she'd gone a bit bigger and louder? From what little I know of the Long Island lady, she's boisterous and emotive. Phi Phi seemed like the watered down version.
And then there was Tati and Roxxy... Girls. Girls girls girls. Why. Roxxy I get that Phi Phi got to you, but why of all second choices did you pick Alaska? Not only is that a big order on a regular day, but she's in the competition with you right now. Even if you were able to pull off her personality, you'd have to be extra funny and catty to make it outshine the person herself. And you didn't. And Tati, why would you pick Ariana Grande if you had nothing clever or funny to do with her? Yeah you looked like her, but that was it. Trying to pull the same "tee hee, I'm a cute dumb popstar" act doesn't work this time like it did with Britney. I was genuinely disappointed she didn't play with the whole "only photograph me from this side because of my dimple!" thing.

The only runway looks I was impressed by were Katya's, Alaska's, and Detox's. The rest were either average or just...disappointing. Looking at you, Phi Phi O'Hara.
As much as I wanted to see Katya win the challenge, I do think Alaska's lip sync ended up being more fun, and either way, it's nice to see my two favorites in the top.
And so we say buh-bye for now to Tati...and I still find myself only mildly interested in what BS the show's gonna pull with the "wait for your revenge" thing. My guess for now is that the eliminated queens will eventually be allowed back just to vote off another contender, like maybe when they're down to five or six. Get the eliminated girls to "avenge" themselves by being allowed to vote off even the top queen of the day or something.

So yeah. Hope any of that made sense, I'm kind of out of it lmao. Looking forward to next week~

I'll try and answer some thoughts/questions or add information or just comment for the sake of it.

I agree with your Adore stuff. I think she wanted to come back and prove her aesthetic as legitimate, which is why her entrance and various confessionals kept mentioning her inspirations and interests. However, she was going through a dark time during filming. She covers this information in her Periscope so I won't go into too many details, but on top of dealing with some frustrating times in her life she was critiqued harshly by Raven Symone (who apparently said some very nasty stuff) and then Michelle (who she cares about and tours with). It was a big mess and amalgam of issues.

In regards to Phi Phi being "shady", apparently she was asked her opinion by both Roxxxy and Alyssa. Ru supposedly made comments about not understanding the accent, so Phi Phi told Roxxxy that she needed to improve it. This wasn't shown in the episode, and Phi Phi has made a somewhat big stink on Twitter complaining about her evident "villain edit" since the episode aired. I'm not going to say she has "changed", because her twitter storm following the episode has come with quite a bit of drama between Phi Phi, Alyssa, Coco, and production. However, she wasn't being shady in Episode 2. Maybe in the future?

Season 8 and All Stars 2 were filmed back to back, so Detox couldn't have known about Acid's Nancy Grace. It's also why there are no Season 8 queens on All Stars 2. They didn't even have a winner for Season 8 yet since the finale hadn't happened yet.

Ginger is... randomly getting a Kandy Ho edit. For some reason they've just been ignoring her, even though her Snatch Game looked really good, her entrance was great, and her talent was good as well. She expressed disappointment that a lot of her jokes on Snatch Game were cut but she said she understood since there was a lot of story to tell. (She posts frequently on Reddit so she clarified some stuff)

For Tati's Ariana Grande: It was bad. But I do think they cut some of her better material. There were some shots of her released where she was clearly making use of the "film/photo only my right side" thing.

Jolly Codger

Cupcakesu
Teilia

Episode 2~!

I'll try and answer some thoughts/questions or add information or just comment for the sake of it.

I agree with your Adore stuff. I think she wanted to come back and prove her aesthetic as legitimate, which is why her entrance and various confessionals kept mentioning her inspirations and interests. However, she was going through a dark time during filming. She covers this information in her Periscope so I won't go into too many details, but on top of dealing with some frustrating times in her life she was critiqued harshly by Raven Symone (who apparently said some very nasty stuff) and then Michelle (who she cares about and tours with). It was a big mess and amalgam of issues.

In regards to Phi Phi being "shady", apparently she was asked her opinion by both Roxxxy and Alyssa. Ru supposedly made comments about not understanding the accent, so Phi Phi told Roxxxy that she needed to improve it. This wasn't shown in the episode, and Phi Phi has made a somewhat big stink on Twitter complaining about her evident "villain edit" since the episode aired. I'm not going to say she has "changed", because her twitter storm following the episode has come with quite a bit of drama between Phi Phi, Alyssa, Coco, and production. However, she wasn't being shady in Episode 2. Maybe in the future?

Season 8 and All Stars 2 were filmed back to back, so Detox couldn't have known about Acid's Nancy Grace. It's also why there are no Season 8 queens on All Stars 2. They didn't even have a winner for Season 8 yet since the finale hadn't happened yet.

Ginger is... randomly getting a Kandy Ho edit. For some reason they've just been ignoring her, even though her Snatch Game looked really good, her entrance was great, and her talent was good as well. She expressed disappointment that a lot of her jokes on Snatch Game were cut but she said she understood since there was a lot of story to tell. (She posts frequently on Reddit so she clarified some stuff)

For Tati's Ariana Grande: It was bad. But I do think they cut some of her better material. There were some shots of her released where she was clearly making use of the "film/photo only my right side" thing.

@Adore: Ahhh, that makes the whole "those critiques were personal" thing much more understandable, as well as her very big reaction to it all.

Oh, Phi Phi... See, this is why I posed my reaction as a question--I really wasn't sure if it was edited to make her seem sneaky (along with the confessionals from the other queens), or if she was genuinely trying to help. Glad it was sincere, less glad that it's led to drama...

@the filming: Clears that up for me. Wonder what her reaction was when she saw Acid Betty do it, then. I still think it was a poor choice for Detox, just didn't seem to mesh with her.

That's seriously disappointing, that they'd have such a gold mine in Ginger, but are putting her in the background in favor of the Delaskaroxxytoxyaskawhatever stuff. But then, I know how this show loves its dramatic storylines, so I'm not surprised. Maybe they'll give her something later on. Hopefully they will.

Well ********, I wish they'd have shown some of it on the show, then. I was torn between Roxxy and Tati for who I thought had done the worst, and in the end I felt Tati had because her character seemed so lackluster. I mean, even with some better material, it was still piss-poor, but at least I could have weighed her performance against Roxxy's a bit more.

Thanks for the extra info, btw. I don't really keep up with social media so most of what I get is the show itself, some of the extra vids on Youtube (wowpresents/Logo), or whatever people say here.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100

There has ben SOOO much drama happening on Twitter between the queens lately? Let me summarize it: Coco.

Apparently Coco and Alyssa were in Chicago the other night for a viewing party or something and Coco was harshly s**t-talking Phi Phi, saying things like "I don't believe she has changed" and trying to get the crowd to agree with her. Alyssa didn't say much except ask for the audience's opinion. Naturally Phi Phi clapped back on Twitter, tagging them both and saying "I hope you had a blast in my hometown of Chicago". Of course, Coco had to respond (several times) with gifs and claims about "truth", as usual.

Phi Phi, while complaining about her villain edit shortly after episode 2 aired, mentioned that someone in production accidentally sent her a text saying they didn't like her. It was supposedly hateful and sent by accident. She has calmed down since then and is currently supporting Roxxxy on Twitter (vs Coco).

Coco and Roxxxy are fighting over Twitter, with Coco whining about how she was sent home by a friend and she "hopes it was worth it" like a petty teenager. Roxxxy is naturally upset and called her out, saying she won't be on Twitter to "see her talking" because she's out earning money (also made a jab at Coco for airing out this laundry on Twitter when she has Roxxxy's number). Coco has been passive-aggressively tweeting about s**t for like the past week nonstop and it's hilariously ridiculous.

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
Cupcakesu

Maaaaaan...I knew I didn't like Coco for a good reason.
She seems so petty and full of herself.
In all honesty, and I'm fairly certain a huge amount of the RPDR fanbase would most likely agree, she wasn't even All Star material to begin with...
So this whole attitude about being sent home too early is annoying and ridiculous.
If glad I'm not into Twitter, because seeing that would annoy me even more rolleyes
You would think that she would be able to let bygones be bygones and cheer and support her friend, but no...
The fact that she was even hoping to "squeek by" from having her friend in the top two also makes her personality kind of more deplorable than before.
Didn't all of the queens have a discussion about exactly that during the deliberation before the lipsync and voting went down?
Was she just not there or something?
She honestly needs to get over it and herself.

In regards to Phi Phi, it kind of makes sense that someone in production would be intentionally messing with her image like that.
It's probably some diehard Sharon fan that never got over Phi Phi's first run, took personal offense to it, and is getting some sort of revenge now.
I mean, it's probably super easy to shoot out an idea like "Ooh hey producers, we can totally use this to make Phi Phi seem like a villain again and people will love/hate it so much that we'll get more attention and viewers!" /alteriormotive
I guess we'll have to see how things go.

Question for you as well: is there any "bonus footage" anywhere that shows the rest of/the entire Snatch Game like how they had the reading challenge stuff?

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Lusty Lush

Question for you as well: is there any "bonus footage" anywhere that shows the rest of/the entire Snatch Game like how they had the reading challenge stuff?

Nope. Not for All Stars 2, anyway. The only bonus footage we got for episode 2 was extended work room chats with Ru, Final Lap (Raja and Morgan McMichaels talk), and Pit Stop with Michelle. I wish we still had Untucked to show moments like Willam walking off the Snatch Game set and leaving behind a cardboard cutout in Season 4. ;c

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
Cupcakesu

Bah, I figured as much crying
I think they're trying to get away with having no untucked with the deliberation things the queens are doing before the lipsyncs since it's "technically" backstage stuff I guess rolleyes

Jolly Codger

Lusty Lush
Cupcakesu

Bah, I figured as much crying
I think they're trying to get away with having no untucked with the deliberation things the queens are doing before the lipsyncs since it's "technically" backstage stuff I guess rolleyes
^
Pretty much what I assumed was going on when I noticed there was no Untucked episode the next day. Also noticed that they're cutting back further by just putting the "backstage" stuff in the werkroom. Actually...I'm not sure if that's a step down from the literal backstage they had the last season, or a slight step up since moving to the werkroom would mean more prep work (couches, moving the girls there, etc). Hm. Either way, disappointing they they're not gonna give us anything else. Like, I wanna know what the rest are all talking about when the couch-talks are happening, dammit! emotion_donotwant

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Regarding the previews for Episode 3, Phi Phi had this to say:

(More anger about her edit)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff