Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Vampire

Down to our Final 4 for Season 10. I am so sorry for not running this thread as normal this go-about as well as for DRT Season 1 and AS3.

Fashionable Garbage

Sifen Yamishi
Down to our Final 4 for Season 10. I am so sorry for not running this thread as normal this go-about as well as for DRT Season 1 and AS3.

No need to apologize, real life duties come before drag race forum duties. 3nodding

Fashionable Vampire

Season 10 now has a new reigning queen and Miss Congeniality everyone. Spoilers ahead:

Miss Congeniality: Monet X Change
4th Place: Asia O' Hara
3rd Place: Kameron Michaels
Runner Up: Eureka O' Hara
Season 10 Winner: Aquaria

Cesihl's Prince

Supreme Hero

27,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
I’m honestly not to thrilled with this season.
A lot of the choices by Ru are questionable at best.
This finale was a mess.
The winner really didn’t need to win because they’ll be successful no matter what and will probably go the way of Violet.

I’m a strong believer that the Runner Up should’ve gotten it because she has more heart and is a way better representation of not only the show but an amazing person in general.

Feel free to disagree with me but we all know this season has been a mess.

Finale was a major mess.

Im meh about the winner, that final 3 lipsync was just a general mess and i think Kameron did the best one but meh.
This season was disappointing

Dapper Man-Lover

The season itself honestly wasn't that bad, but...

The people a lot of us really wanted to make it to the top four (Monet, Cracker, Monique, etc) didn't make it that far, so it was hard to really root for anyone and, like in seasons past, it felt like there were some weird producer shenanigans afoot at various points. I love the idea of the makeover challenges, but I'm sick of dark skinned queens getting paired with white dudes/white queens getting paired with dark skinned dudes and then getting critiqued and frequently subsequently eliminated based on them lacking a family resemblance. It's not fair or reasonable. Also, three non-eliminations in one season (Kameron v Eureka, Top Four, Eureka v Aquaria) is kinda suspect.

I knew in advance about the butterfly thing with Asia (which was disheartening to learn about, since my friends and I were squarely in the "we really want Asia to take home the crown, but, failing that, Aquaria makes the most sense" camp), but... I could not have prepared for just how uncomfortable that whole thing was. I feel so terrible for her. But it does drive home a big part of why the Lipsync for the Crown format for the finale is such a bad idea. The notion that you can do well all season, but then still lose if you don't manage to successfully execute as many reveals and/or gimmicks into a lipsync in the finale as you can is crazy. Shea, Trinity, and Asia were done dirty by the format. To be perfectly honest, I don't feel like there was a successful reveal in this finale at all. They ranged from predictable to messy. Sasha Velour kinda set the bar a little too high last year and everyone trying to meet or exceed it didn't work.

I will fully admit that I'm 100% okay with Eureka not winning, but that's solely because she played the reality TV story producer game a little too hard this time around and it got grating by, like, episode four. Never missing an opportunity to bring up the sob stories, playing pseudo-therapist when Ru wasn't around doing it, taking everyone's issues and trying to make it about how much she learned from her injury last season, and so on. It's sad because she's absolutely enjoyable and rooting for her should have been easy, but she made it so hard by doing all of that this time. The only thing I feel very slightly bad about with regards to her losing is that outfit choice in the final lipsync. I don't know if wearing something that says "The Big Girl Wins" was a strategy, but it did not work out and she's already getting made fun of for it.

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I'm okay with the win.
Aquaria really grew the last few weeks into a well-rounded queen instead of just a look queen.
I still wish Kameron took it because I resonate with her as I'm somewhat shy and guarded in certain situations.
I agree that the reunion and finale were kind of a mess though sweatdrop

Man-Lover

The best woman won! heart
This was a really satisfying season for me. I want to discuss further but I'm typing while on a nebulizer lol

Maze's Fav

Gay Toast

The right person won this season and was deserving of the crown and this is the first time we have had that since Bob tbh

So no complaints here.

Eureka was very much playing a producer's game and came off really fake to me and just left a gross taste in my mouth the more they tried to push her forward as an obvious winner and save her when she didn't deserve it because they were afraid she'd sue about her damn knee or whatever. And the fact that she used race to try to ******** up people in the makeover challenge really soured me even more when it comes to her. Sue me.

They kept Kameron way too long. Guess they needed a cute boy. She had good looks but personality wise she was also def playing a game. It all came out at the reunion at least. I heard she is super nice in person to fans at least and that's cool.

Asia would of been who I think I'd of been happiest turning it out and winning but well...we all know what happened. I would love to see her on All Stars.

Fashionable Vampire

Rumor alert for All Stars 4:

Filming starts soon with these supposed girls entering the workroom to duke it out for a spot in the Hall of Fame...

Gia Gunn
Manila Luzon
Trinity Taylor
Latrice Royale
Valentina
Monet X Change
Monique Heart
Farrah Moan
Kim Chi
Naomi Smalls

Thoughts?

Benevolent Smoker

8,775 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
emotion_awesome emotion_brofist

Dapper Man-Lover

Sifen Yamishi

Filming starts soon with these supposed girls entering the workroom to duke it out for a spot in the Hall of Fame...

Gia Gunn
Manila Luzon
Trinity Taylor
Latrice Royale
Valentina
Monet X Change
Monique Heart
Farrah Moan
Kim Chi
Naomi Smalls

Thoughts?

I saw these too and part of me hopes that the two Season 10 girls aren't actually there. I'm sure they will be because they've been doing this "straight from their season to All Stars" every time, but I wish they'd give them more time away (perhaps two years or so) before bringing them back. Not gonna object to seeing them on TV again, though.

ImBeza's Bae

Lady Girl

25,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Shadow Coon II
Sifen Yamishi

Gia Gunn
Manila Luzon
Trinity Taylor
Latrice Royale
Valentina
Monet X Change
Monique Heart
Farrah Moan
Kim Chi
Naomi Smalls

Thoughts?

I saw these too and part of me hopes that the two Season 10 girls aren't actually there. I'm sure they will be because they've been doing this "straight from their season to All Stars" every time, but I wish they'd give them more time away (perhaps two years or so) before bringing them back. Not gonna object to seeing them on TV again, though.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Not that they don't deserve to be there or whatever.
But I think giving them some time to flesh out their gig would be better than just thrusting them back into another competition.
I'm sure it will be entertaining nonetheless, but it doesn't bode well for their chances of winning if they're going up against other girls that have been stewing and brewing their craft after being on for MUCH longer.

Feline Friend

well now ive already seen spoilers.. but where do i watch this? its not on tv here (and i dont have netflix atm but netflix is always years behind in my country too)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff