Pfft, bored now... 0.10897435897436 10.9% [ 34 ]
Hodor? 0.25 25.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 312 ]

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Well, HBO is splitting A Storm of Swords into two seasons, so I imagine they'll be some spillover from this season into the next. They'll probably tie up what they can, cut out what they can't and let the rest trickle through.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Nerevar Telvanni
OMG GRRM needs to write more than one episode a season, this was the best hour of television EVER!!!!

He only gets one a season? Seriously? I thought he got more, although I have been wondering when his name would pop up under "Written by." I think I was thinking how the head writer of Doctor Who gets 5-6 episodes per season and I confused it with GoT...

But really, that's ridiculous. This show would be so much better if the WRITER OF THE FREAKING BOOKS wrote the show all the time. TV watchers would understand more and he would know better what to include and what to leave out. And not to add scenes of Joff torturing whores >.>

I've mentioned this before, but if I had a book series published and it was turned into a tv show or movie, I would be the writer or it wouldn't happen. End of story.

Gatekeeper

Cassie's right, D&D mentioned in an interview that they've moved things up from book 3 into season 2 and moved book 2 things into season 3.

I have heard a lot of negativity about this season though on other sites, mainly from book readers, so you are definitely not alone in questioning things, Trigona.

Also, as far as I know/read in interviews, D&D ultimately know what needs to be included as they know how the story finishes. I don't think they are completely in the dark when making their decisions about moving and cutting.

I like the fact that GRRM isn't the sole writer of the scripts. But I enjoy that the show is simply based off the books and are not a literal translation onto the screen. I also love outside additions (when it's not whores everywhere, and to be fair we've only really had what? 4 added whore scenes out of the 2 seasons?) as it just adds something new for the people who know what is always coming up. It's exciting!

And besides, GRRM has enough on his plate without having to write a full 10 episode season.
Write TWOW faster, GRRM. Pretty please. emotion_dowant
Or, at least stop giving me teaser chapters featuring all my favourites because I can only flail in desperation and panic for so long. gonk

And I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but in case you haven't heard, they are currently casting Vargo Hoat! I'm usually pretty generous to even the worst changes, but if I don't get my Goat with a lisp, there will be hell.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Trigona

Indeed only one episode, I thought it was two but according to this wiki page it's only one. (As he was only given credit for writing episode 7 from season 1).

But Star is right, GRRM has more IMPORTANT things and that's finishing the books before something bad happens to our old man.

Star of the South

I'm re watching the episode as I type this and DAMN the wildfire explosion is sexy looking. I'm glad they dropped some extra money of some FX this week. This was prolly the reason we don't see more of the Direwolves and the Dragons.

I nearly peed myself a bit when the Hound said "If you die with a clean blade I'll rape your corpse." I don't remember that being in the books. If it's not then it's a damn good extra line they added. The actor who play's the Hound earned his pay this week, he made me believe.

Given that Three Blast's is on this soundtrack we can safely assume that we will get some coverage from the North, and also some stuff with Arya since the title of the next episode is Valar Morghulis and prolly some kinda resolution with Danny. They built that crap up for three episodes now. It might be hard pressed to fit some Robb and Theon stuff in there without making the episode seem rushed, but given how they ended last season with the setting up of things to come from various POV characters they might just do the same here.

The only thing I want is from them to end the show with the Three Blasts that would just be the best place to leave us hanging.

High-functioning Hellraiser

14,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
Starting my second viewing! I can't help it! I never do repeat viewings in a single season but it was just so good.

EDIT: Unngggh! Lady boner at attention for "The Rains of Castamere"! Again!

Hallowed Hunter

Maybe I'm just hard to please but I thought this episode was decent at best.
Admittedly there were some brilliant moments, mostly Tyrion and Bronn.

The wildfire was spectacular but it came far to soon, and the once Stannis Landed it might as well have never happened.

I much preferred the previous episode. I dont know what it was, but I just remember thinking when it was over; 'that was brilliant, possibly my favorite episode of the series.

All in all though, while by no means 'bad' It hasn't been as good as the first season.

Shameless Nerd

Hey! Holy crap, but I just saw that the song Tyrion whistles during Episode 1 of Season 2 is Rains of Castamere! I have an all new appreciation for him and the writers now! heart heart heart

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Nerevar Telvanni

When I rewatched season one and told my dad GRRM wrote one of the episodes, he said the exact same thing xD

Well now I'm wondering how much from book two they'll put in season three. We know from the preview we'll see Theon, Arya, Dany, and King's Landing. The bit where Dany is in the House of the Undying better be awesome because I've been dying to see how it would translate from book to tv.

Gatekeeper

Everybody can stop panicking, it looks like the Reeds are in.

A partial cast list for season 3 has been released!

The names I'm most excited for in the list are Lady Olenna and Beric Dondarrion/Thoros/Brotherhood without Banners! though, to be honest.

It sounds like a few others are in but not included, which is good because I'm noticing a distinct lack of Greyjoys. I'd say at least introduce Aeron season 3, so that when Balon dies we have Aeron to fill us in on the background exposition of Victarion/Euron who arrive shortly after for the Kingsmoot.

Then again, I'd watch a show just about the dysfunction and insanity of the Greyjoy brothers and Ironborn, and I'm positive not many other people would xD.

Also, where the hell is the worst character in the books Ramsay Snow?
I'm calling shenanigans.

Oh, and need Patchface. I know, I know, oh oh oh~.

Shameless Nerd

Star of the South
Everybody can stop panicking, it looks like the Reeds are in.

A partial cast list for season 3 has been released!

The names I'm most excited for in the list are Lady Olenna and Beric Dondarrion/Thoros/Brotherhood without Banners! though, to be honest.

It sounds like a few others are in but not included, which is good because I'm noticing a distinct lack of Greyjoys. I'd say at least introduce Aeron season 3, so that when Balon dies we have Aeron to fill us in on the background exposition of Victarion/Euron who arrive shortly after for the Kingsmoot.

Then again, I'd watch a show just about the dysfunction and insanity of the Greyjoy brothers and Ironborn, and I'm positive not many other people would xD.

Also, where the hell is the worst character in the books Ramsay Snow?
I'm calling shenanigans.

Oh, and need Patchface. I know, I know, oh oh oh~.

Yaaaaaay, so excited! I've been hoping to see many of them, like the Tullys, I was disappointed at the complete lack of them thus far. Also happy to meet Stannis' family!

Gatekeeper

Tacofoolio
Hey! Holy crap, but I just saw that the song Tyrion whistles during Episode 1 of Season 2 is Rains of Castamere! I have an all new appreciation for him and the writers now! heart heart heart

Things like this makes me so happy it hurts.

There is also the doll Sansa picks up and smiles fondly at in her room is the doll that Ned brings her and she rejects in season 1.

:333333333.

Also, dead and buried at "Whatever the hell is going on with Daenerys in Qarth"
xD.

edit: omg xD. found this on tumblr from here (in case anyone wants to reblog or whatever you do on tumblr).
Thought I'd share as I think basically all of us are also completely onboard the LOTR train as well.

Ferocious Browser

Rereading feast and dance simultaneously and I gotta say, the chapter naming styles for feast are totally annoying. They have nothing to do with the other 4 books, why not just give the names? Whys it gotta be stupid descriptions as if this was a YA novel where everything needs to be explicitly explained?

Rawr

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Rewatched Blackwater last night and once again completely laughed my a** off when Tyrion said, "Then I'd be the Quarterman. Just doesn't have the same ring to it." rofl

Also, I've been thinking about a few things...

First, I've come to really like the actress you plays Shae. She's great at showing how fickle she is. You can tell that every time she's about to say something to Tyrion, she thinks beforehand, "This is what he wants me to say..." She puts very little feeling behind anything that isn't a threat, honestly. To non-book readers, it probably just seems like bad acting, but for those of us who know that happens, I think she does a great job <3

Also, the whole thing with "Lady Telysa" however you spell it. Considering it was released that she was cast as Jeyne Westerling, I think she's still lying out her a** and she's going to reveal herself soon. My only question is, will Rob take her even though she's been lying to him this whole time? Well, probably, since his lower head will most likely make that decision. But she did meet Catelyn under her false identity, and when Cat finds out who she really is, she's just going to be more furious. Curious indeed ninja

Gatekeeper

@Eveille: I actually really enjoyed those chapter naming styles when the character it related to was going through an identity change/crisis, as it's a POV (like Theon in Dance, and Arya in Feast). It was kind of like a general overarching theme/idea of how the character currently thought of themselves.

It's when GRRM used it when the characters weren't going through identity changes I didn't care for either (like with Asha. Her situation changed, but not really her impression of herself). Totally cheapened it for me.

Thankfully, his overuse of the convention really isn't that bad considering how silly it could have been or how terrible other authors would have made it xD.

How do Feast and Dance read when done simultaneously? I wanted to give it a try when I try to attempt to re-read both of them so I could actually get through Dance. Does it improve anything?

@Trigona: The Talisa thing is very curious, considering it's been a whole season and it hasn't really gone anywhere yet (despite it being added to expand Robb's character). If she is Jeyne, then surely it would have been revealed to Robb by now as he is back from the Crag, even if not revealed to the viewer. I doubt Robb cares if she was lying about it, he seems pretty taken with her. I thought they'd have it so Robb has sexy time with her, she reveals she's a noblewoman, and Robb proposes out of love and honour (as she is, in fact, noble). Maybe they'll make Robb's cliffhanger that he proposes/plans to marry her despite the fact he is pledged to a Frey. Which would make sense, as Robb's storyline next season is dominated by the fact he marries out of contract. I guess we'll see :3.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Star of the South
edit: omg xD. found this on tumblr from here (in case anyone wants to reblog or whatever you do on tumblr).
Thought I'd share as I think basically all of us are also completely onboard the LOTR train as well.

An epic find Star, I loved that line in Return of the King. In a way Bronn and Tyrion are like the Legolas and Gimli of GOT.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff