11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Star of the South
Nerevar Telvanni
Star of the South

*clings back*

The horn blast's are mixed into the track. You can sorta hear what sounds like horn blast's, but its not nearly as clear enough as it was when they were talking about what each horn blast meant. MP3 is fine with me, I have an app on my iPhone that let's me take MP3 and create ringtones out of them. The sound clip needs to be at least 30sec-1min long for the app to work though.

I will try my best with it *salutes*.
It's been awhile since I've done audio editing, so it'll be fun 4laugh

And thanks for the feedback with the HBO online store~! I've never actually bought anything online before, I want my first journey into doing so problem free xD;

e: I'm working on it, and unfortunately the horn blasts pulled from the show have talking over, Sam breathing heavily, walking sounds, and ambient sounds from the music track itself xD. I'm trying to work around it and/or cut them up so you don't hear anything else.

Your welcome, ordering stuff online is pretty easy, I've been doing it for some time. Mostly it was from Walmart.com but its pretty much the same all around. It really depends on how they ship your stuff. Fedex, UPS are the best, if its USPS then be prepared to WAIT FOREVER! Well not forever but at least a week or half longer than the other two.

If you can't get just the blast's don't stress over it too much. If you can get it sweet, if not no biggie.

@ Cassie: Oh I know, my last post was from my iPhone hence no fancy post style. Doesn't hide it what so ever. Not like it matters, GOT and COK are free game to talk about now.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Star of the South

Also, has anyone ever bought something off the HBO online store? I was thinking of buying an iTouch 4 skin off the site as a birthday gift to myself :333.
(undecided between getting a Greyjoy or Baratheon one though. I'm clearly House Greyjoy but I really don't like the Kraken design they used for the skin (I like the other Kraken design they have, like the one they used on the Greyjoy poster) but the Baratheon one is amazing and my second favourite and has the best House motto.)
I'm assuming they're pretty good with shipping out stuff, but does anyone have any negative feedback I should take into consideration?

We'll see if I can talk my husband into buying the Iron Throne replica. He says no, even if they make a reclining version, but I will wear him down.
What the heck?! Littlefinger is spoiling people. In the book you are surprised by him helping her... And don't tell me money and time restraint has anything to do with it because they didn't have to do that.

Love Theon, but... that scene was anticlimactic. He gives this amazing speech and then wham, gets hit over the head. This isn't a cartoon.. couldn't they at least wrestle him to the ground while he yells or something for them not to turn him over and call them traitors. HBO.. you can do better.

Hated the house of the undying. She is supposed to see all this weird stuff and prophesies. I thought they were going to too when she went outside in the snow I thought she was going to see the blue flower in the wall, but no. What with showing Khal Drogo? ...

Also, yeah the ending was great and all, but the three horns were anticlimactic as well. They should have spaced them out. First one is what they expect for the first horn, then the second one wildlings so they get prepared to fight. Then nothing happens, and then the third one should happen and they should have a terrified look on there faces. Plus, why were they by themselves, they should of had them with the other people. Then those two run off. So is anyone going to see what Sam does, if they are gone, how can they?

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The thing I was most excited for in this episode was
watching J'qan's face melt off. But they didn't do it and I was extremely angry emotion_donotwant
Not showing the coin didn't help either. And since they also didn't show what Stannis saw in the fire, I was all, "GODDAMMIT THEY USED UP ALL THEIR BUDGET ON BLACKWATER AND NOW WE GET s**t emotion_donotwant "

BUT THEN. House of the Undying emotion_dowant
I did want to see Rhaegar and Eliya with Aegon, but hiring a few actors for the one scene does seem a little ridiculous. Got super excited when Drogo and Rhaego were there! And then they showed ALL THREE dragons! Not just Drogon and not just tails. ALL THREE DRAGONS! SOOOO EXCITING!!!!
And now Dany has money so hopefully they'll jusst skip over all that nonsense in Slaver's Bay and Mereen. God I hope they skip over Mereen neutral

And then the ending! Zombies everywhere ahhhh! emotion_zombie Seriously, I wasn't expecting so many emotion_jawdrop

Also, Nerevar, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that wight looked like Benjen

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Okay, I feel like this is a stupid question, but can someone explain to me what exactly is the difference between White Walkers, Wights, and Others? I think Wights and Others are the same, and I also think they're stronger than White Walkers, but are there any other differences?

Ferocious Browser

Trigona
Okay, I feel like this is a stupid question, but can someone explain to me what exactly is the difference between White Walkers, Wights, and Others? I think Wights and Others are the same, and I also think they're stronger than White Walkers, but are there any other differences?

I always thought the Others were the White Walkers, proper scholarly name vs 'o s**t I am a scared peasant so Imma just describe what I saw!'

Wights are humans killed by the Others and so they live again after death.

Others have super invisible armor, it is clear basically and just shows what is behind and around them, like invisibility camo that we are trying to develop for Iraq and stuff. (See the Prologue of Game of Thrones). They leave no footprints, breathe no air, their weapons are freezing and break steel. Only obsidian kills them and they melt.

Wights are the ones with the blue eyes, shambling and stupid. Killed by fire itself.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Eveille
Trigona

I always thought the Others were the White Walkers, proper scholarly name vs 'o s**t I am a scared peasant so Imma just describe what I saw!'

Others have super invisible armor, it is clear basically and just shows what is behind and around them, like invisibility camo that we are trying to develop for Iraq and stuff. (See the Prologue of Game of Thrones). They leave no footprints, breathe no air, their weapons are freezing and break steel. Only obsidian kills them and they melt.

Wights are the ones with the blue eyes, shambling and stupid. Killed by fire itself.

White Walker's are what the Wildlings called them, down South the people called them Others, still you summed that up quite nicely. Though Wight's don't have to be killed by the White Walkers/Others to become Wight's. Any old dead body will do, it's part of their "magic." And it's not just confined to humans, animals and other things can became Wight's as well.

Our White Walker friends at the end of Season Two look a bit different that the ones in Season One at the start of episode one. Maybe it's just a design thing for the show writers, or it could be the ones in episode one had more armor one than the ones in season two.

Trigona
watching J'qan's face melt off. But they didn't do it and I was extremely angry emotion_donotwant
Not showing the coin didn't help either. And since they also didn't show what Stannis saw in the fire, I was all, "GODDAMMIT THEY USED UP ALL THEIR BUDGET ON BLACKWATER AND NOW WE GET s**t emotion_donotwant "

I did want to see Rhaegar and Eliya with Aegon, but hiring a few actors for the one scene does seem a little ridiculous. Got super excited when Drogo and Rhaego were there! And then they showed ALL THREE dragons! Not just Drogon and not just tails. ALL THREE DRAGONS! SOOOO EXCITING!!!!
And now Dany has money so hopefully they'll jusst skip over all that nonsense in Slaver's Bay and Mereen. God I hope they skip over Mereen neutral

And then the ending! Zombies everywhere ahhhh! emotion_zombie Seriously, I wasn't expecting so many emotion_jawdrop

Also, Nerevar, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that wight looked like Benjen

They showed his face change, unless you mean you were expecting it to be different. He also gave her the coin.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Girl With The Windex Eyes
Trigona

They showed his face change, unless you mean you were expecting it to be different. He also gave her the coin.

He turned around and turned back with a new face. Not the same emotion_donotwant
And I know she got the coin, but we didn't get to see the coin.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Eveille
Trigona

So White Walkers = Others, and they're the strong ones. Wights are the basic level one zombies. Right?

So then how does someone become an Other? Just keep leveling up from Wight? xd

Ferocious Browser

Nerevar Telvanni
Eveille
Trigona

White Walker's are what the Wildlings called them, down South the people called them Others, still you summed that up quite nicely. Though Wight's don't have to be killed by the White Walkers/Others to become Wight's. Any old dead body will do, it's part of their "magic." And it's not just confined to humans, animals and other things can became Wight's as well.

Our White Walker friends at the end of Season Two look a bit different that the ones in Season One at the start of episode one. Maybe it's just a design thing for the show writers, or it could be the ones in episode one had more armor one than the ones in season two.

I think I saw until ep 4 of season 2. I got absolutely furious at all the asinine and nonsensical changes and haven't finished yet. I am planning on it...but I know I will just rage face at everything ~_~. So I went with the book lol.

Ferocious Browser

Trigona
Eveille
Trigona

So White Walkers = Others, and they're the strong ones. Wights are the basic level one zombies. Right?

Lol, if it were a video game I think that's how it would go.

I have no idea where the Others came from, I don't think they are overgrown wights though. I think they are just kinda there like the children of the forest or giants. Giants aren't big humans either, I think that is how it is anyway @_@, I don't remember reading too much about the Others except for characters saying that they needed to know more about them than they did.

Gatekeeper

Nerevar Telvanni

Hey, as long as I don't need to use Canada Post to ship things, everything is fast in my books.

So while I accidentally made a cut of the horn blasts with Sam breathing creepily over top and it cracks me up listening to it, I won't post that version. I will post the cleanest version I could manage though, in case it's somehow suitable for you xD. It has a bit of the music intro in it, but it mostly just sounds like white noise over top of the horn blasts. The horn blasts are the most evident though, so it doesn't drown them out or anything (even play it off as more ~suspenseful~ with it? xDD). I will uploaded it a little later tonight and post it, so you can be the judge whether it's clean enough for you to use :3.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Eveille
I think I saw until ep 4 of season 2. I got absolutely furious at all the asinine and nonsensical changes and haven't finished yet. I am planning on it...but I know I will just rage face at everything ~_~. So I went with the book lol.

Some of the changes make no sense and as a book reader I have no idea where they plan to take some of these things. Maybe more will be revealed in Season 3? IDK. Although there have been some changed and made up scenes that I actually liked, or added more to the scene/events.

Trigona

Yes Other and White Walkers are the same thing. In the books they are mostly called Others, but since we have The Others from LOST, there might be some kinda of copyright thing that they can't say it on GOT. Just know that the names are interchangeable.

Wight's aren't the typical zombie, they are corpses, but the Other's have complete control over them, they don't have their own free undead will like typical zombies do.

Lol no, the White Walkers are their own race, they come from the most extreme north, past where even the Wildings brave to go. There is a theory that the baby boys that Craster gives as tribute to the White Walkers are used to create more White Walkers. We just don't know all that much about them, but a Wight doesn't level into a White Walker.

I really hope Winds of Winter or the last book shed some more light on what the White Walkers are. Only look at the spoiler tag if you have read all 5 books.

Maybe Bran will learn more about the Children and the White Walkers from Leaf (A Children of the Forest) as he learns to become a Green Seer.

Star of the South
Nerevar Telvanni

Hey, as long as I don't need to use Canada Post to ship things, everything is fast in my books.

So while I accidentally made a cut of the horn blasts with Sam breathing creepily over top and it cracks me up listening to it, I won't post that version. I will post the cleanest version I could manage though, in case it's somehow suitable for you xD. It has a bit of the music intro in it, but it mostly just sounds like white noise over top of the horn blasts. The horn blasts are the most evident though, so it doesn't drown them out or anything (even play it off as more ~suspenseful~ with it? xDD). I will uploaded it a little later tonight and post it, so you can be the judge whether it's clean enough for you to use :3.

LOL no matter where you live the National Post is always ALOT slower than anything else.

Sweet thanks Star for doing that, can't wait to give it a listen too. smile emotion_brofist

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Nerevar Telvanni

Ohhhhh okay. That makes much more sense now. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff