Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Have you been watching this season of AGT?

Yes 0.30645161290323 30.6% [ 38 ]
No 0.69354838709677 69.4% [ 86 ]
Total Votes:[ 124 ]

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Lemon Peel Clock
Beth Ann Robinson is absolutely my new favourite this season.
This show started out slow. It's getting much better now, thankfully.

I actually agree with more than half of what Piers says... He can just be unnecessarily rude and blunt.

Wow, absolute favorite? Nice. I was just a little bored with it since I've basically already seen the same performance in her audition clip.
I was pretty sure it was gonna pick up. They put the best acts in the back.

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

WEST SPRINGFIELD DANCE FTW!!!

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Numbers to Call

TNC Elite :: 1-866-602-4801
Brett Daniels :: 1-866-602-4802
Gabe the Bulldog :: 1-866-602-4803
Aeon :: 1-866-602-4804
Breena Bell :: 1-866-602-4805
Kevin Colis :: 1-866-602-4806
Beth Ann Robinson :: 1-866-602-4807
Gymkana :: 1-866-602-4808
Kalani Freestyle Basketball :: 1-866-602-4809
West Springfield Dance :: 1-866-602-4810
Matt Wilhelm :: 1-866-602-4811
Powerhouse Choir :: 1-866-602-4812

Or vote online at www.nbc.com/agt
ShannonsBubbles
Numbers to Call

Who was your favorite, Shannon?

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
TNC Elite: To be honest, I didn't enjoy it until they shut the background music off and it went into a break down.

Brett Daniels: It didn't work for me. :/ It was very slow the whole time. A lot of the tricks honestly looked dumb. Bring back Landon Swank.

Gabe the Bulldog: Gabe was very cute. I was glad to see him tonight, but I've seen much better animal acts. It'll be a shame if he gets through... then again most acts seem pretty mediocre on the YouTube acts.

Aeon: Just not their environment. Poor guys. I'd like to watch them on the streets, but it wasn't put together well on a stage.

Breena Bell: Direct TV went out. Couldn't watch *****.

Kevin Colis: Don't ever sing The Lazy Song again, you jerk. He better not get through. This song does not work in this style, IMO. I'm not impressed by his voice either.

Beth Ann Robinson: I do like her, but her act was much too similar to her YouTube tape for me... then again I think these people got like a week or two of warning. She's rather cute and enjoyable.

Gymkana: WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! These guys are AMAZING!! They took my breath away at one point and were thoroughly impressive. They better get through. I can see them in the Top 10.

Kalani Freestyle Basketball: I thought it was a weird theme to do with basketball. :/ And he ruined it by crashing the best trick he had at the end. That was the only trick I was looking forward to seeing.

West Springfield Dance: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS DANCE GROUP!!!! I was hoping they'd stick with their theme of being creepy. That's what makes them so original. It sounds like that's what they're going for. I'm so excited for them. They better make it through.

Matt Wilhelm: I honestly was not as entertained by him as I thought I'd be. It wasn't even as good as his audition clip. :/ I'm not sure if I want him through or not. I don't think I'd like to see it again.

Powerhouse Choir: Is it just me or do they have a problem with their volume? That many of them... they should be louder than they are. I do not like them. They rather annoy me. x.x

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Alrescha
ShannonsBubbles
Numbers to Call

Who was your favorite, Shannon?

I am so unbelievably stuck between Gymkana and West Springfield Dance. They both stepped it up, and they are both AMAZING!

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I'm gonna have to throw my votes on West Springfield Dance. I would be too devastated not to see them again. As good as Gymkana is, I think I'm with West Springfield Dance.

Demonic Darling

13,590 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
ShannonsBubbles
Lemon Peel Clock
Beth Ann Robinson is absolutely my new favourite this season.
This show started out slow. It's getting much better now, thankfully.

I actually agree with more than half of what Piers says... He can just be unnecessarily rude and blunt.

Wow, absolute favorite? Nice. I was just a little bored with it since I've basically already seen the same performance in her audition clip.
I was pretty sure it was gonna pick up. They put the best acts in the back.

Bit late of a reply... replying on an iPad is horrible x_x
I went and watched her YouTube audition afterward, and yeah, it was pretty similar. Of course, Powerhouse also sang the same song, didn't they? I think they weren't given enough warning to really change up their routines. Hopefully, if she goes on, she changes her routine, or she'll loose my new-favorite status.

I will try and write up a review tomorrow before the show.

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Lemon Peel Clock
Bit late of a reply... replying on an iPad is horrible x_x
I went and watched her YouTube audition afterward, and yeah, it was pretty similar. Of course, Powerhouse also sang the same song, didn't they? I think they weren't given enough warning to really change up their routines. Hopefully, if she goes on, she changes her routine, or she'll loose my new-favorite status.

I will try and write up a review tomorrow before the show.

Awesome! (: Thanks so much for being here and sharing your opinions!
((Don't forget to vote for your new favorite in the new poll.))
ShannonsBubbles
I'm gonna have to throw my votes on West Springfield Dance. I would be too devastated not to see them again. As good as Gymkana is, I think I'm with West Springfield Dance.

They were my hands down favorite from the youtube auditions, so I was hoping they'd step it up. It sounds like they did. I just put all of my votes into them after hearing what you thought. Thanks for keeping me up to date on the acts.

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Alrescha
ShannonsBubbles

They were my hands down favorite from the youtube auditions, so I was hoping they'd step it up. It sounds like they did. I just put all of my votes into them after hearing what you thought. Thanks for keeping me up to date on the acts.

Aww, I'm glad my opinion is valued. >w<

Dapper Explorer

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
TNC Elite: I liked them. I kept calling them tap dancers though. ;u; aren't they cloggers? idk. @u@

Brett Daniels: He was pretty slow with his act. And the illusions didn't have that much of a "wow" factor".

Gabe the Bulldog: Gabe was cute. ^^ But I can't see animal acts getting very big. What if he chose not to perform next time? ;u; ya know? animals can say no to performing. Remember Echo the parrot?

Aeon: There was ALOT going on at once. There was some cool flipping, but the act was...uh...I didn't like it that much. ;3;

Breena Bell: Creepy. I agreed with Piers. She'd be better if she went into the Olympics. She's more of a gymnast than a dancer.

Kevin Colis: Dont shoot me, but I HATE the Lazy Song. XP And we don't really need more singing acts here. He wasn't bad. But it doesn't help if he chose a song I hated. XD

Beth Ann Robinson: For a solo dancing act, she was pretty cool. ^_^

Gymkana: They were so neat. OwO some of the act looked like it was filmed in slow motion but of course, it wasnt. so it was cool. XD

Kalani Freestyle Basketball: I felt so bad for him when that ball fell down towards the end of his act. ;3; I think it takes talent to do those basketball tricks, but it doesn't seem like a headlining Vegas act.

West Springfield Dance: They don't scare me. XD They're freakin' awesome though!

Matt Wilhelm: The act was not phenomenal like Howie said. I LOVED his design on his outfit though. *w* Super cool!

Powerhouse Choir: Cheesy. Super cheesy. XP I like some choir but not the "trendy" choir stuff And some of the female singers here were singing too high. And it sounded bad.

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
What I Thought About Tonight's Show

TNC Elite: They were okay. What makes clogging/tap dancing for me is how the sound of their taps respond to the music, as well as their moves. It didn't go nearly as smooth as it could have. They were badass without the music though.

Brett Daniels: I liked how he made a girl appear, but after that, his act fell flat. I just kept thinking, "Do another trick . . . Do another trick , , , What's taking you so long, do another trick!!!" It was really disappointing.I mean, he could have poofed some accessories for her, at least.

Gabe the Bulldog: Wow. A dog that can walk through pylons and piss on things. That's way worth a million dollars. Seriously, though, I wasn't impressed that much.

Aeon: They had too many dancers in the back that took away from the act. I wanted to smack the one that was clapping around at the beginning.

Breena Bell: She was clothed this time in a tutu. She really didn't have that much of an act, just the same moves repeated over and over again.

Kevin Colis: Okay, this is our winner. Don't try to deny it, he's going to win. He has the same act and blandness that the last guys have won with. He's everything the producers are looking for. That's it. And I hate the Lazy Song almost as much as Amazing Grace.

Beth Ann Robinson: I felt like the camera angles and lighting screwed her over. It was very similar to her audition, but I felt that she did okay.

Gymkana: They remind me of that cliff-climbing group from last year, only about a million times more dangerous. They were a bit repetetive, but other than that, they were good. They remind me of Steven actually, in that what they do requires at ton of practice and strength.

Kalani Freestyle Basketball: It didn't dazzle me. What I wonder is why the hell all these kinds of acts are convinced that they need backup dancers. I knew he was gonna drop something too.

West Springfield Dance: They had a few good moves, but a lot of it was just stomping around/boring to me, IMO.

Matt Wilhelm: This is the saddest Fighting Gravity knock-off I've ever seen. I can't believe this was the guy with the most votes. All he did was spin on his bike.

Powerhouse Choir: They're Glee wanna-bes that can't sing, end of story.

Don't feel like doing a prediction tonight.
I noticed that a lot of acts just did the same exact act that they did in their audition tape. I'm going to try and ignore that when I judge them.

TNC Elite: It was pretty good, but as Howie said before you have to be better than pretty good to make it on this show. If this was not the quarterfinals and was their Vegas audition they would make it. Since it's a quarterfinal act they probably won't.

Brett Daniels: Like with all magic acts, I don't like it if I can see how it's done. I saw a slip with the picture at the start and that put me off. Then half of the act somehow became him dancing slowly with Marilyn. It just died for me there and Piers buzzed him a few seconds after I thought "someone needs to buzz him."

Gabe the Bulldog: The dog was cute, but the act itself was all right and not at the level needed to move on. If he makes it through then it will only be because the dog is cute.

Aeon: They tried to turn it into a choreographed dance and that alone was a mistake. The whole point of parkour is to show beauty of raw, wild movement. I didn't feel that with this because they tried to cage that. It might be a show if the parkour could be condensed into a stage-sized space, but it won't do well turned into a choreographed dance. When they do that they're trying to do that same as the dance crews only more choppy.

Breena Bell: The fact that the judges actually had something I agreed with to say astonished me. They were right in that she needs to age more and get into gymnastics.

Kevin Colis: His voice isn't great, I hated his audition, and the only deserving praise this act got was about the showmanship. I liked the set, the feel, and his movements. Everything else about it was either mediocre or terrible.

Beth Ann Robinson: She did an amazing job and if she can step it up I can see her getting to the top ten. This was one of my three favorites of the night.

Gymkana: This was another of my three favorites of the night. Their audition bored me a little because I could only see the people holding the ladders up and you couldn't see what everyone else was doing very well. Seeing it on stage really made it so much better and I can see why they got on the show now.

Kalani Freestyle Basketball: Since they told him he is an act meant to draw in the kids, he picked an astronaut and martian theme since a lot of kids like spacemen and Buzz Lightyear. I get that. What I didn't get was the slow pace and the girls taking his spotlight at some points. Why he made it on the show is still a mystery to me since I was bored by his audition and I didn't like this act. I don't think he'll make it through.

West Springfield Dance: This was my favorite act from the youtube auditions and I'm glad that I voted for them. They have a huge chance at getting into the top ten because they are better than the other dance groups on the show. To go on they need to add more intense tricks like the 'corpse crawl' (as someone called it in this thread) and keep their rigid, robotic movements. I love how very in sync they are and the creepy feel they have going on. The first time I saw them they made me think of V for Vendetta and I think that feel really works well for them.

Matt Wilhelm: He won the youtube votes, so I was expecting something really off the wall amazing. It didn't reach the level I expected, but I do think for his first time live it was great. The act made me smile because the suit was cool and the tricks were good. He has to step it up a lot to make it through the semifinals, but I think he has a chance. The guy just needs to get more comfortable with the stage and not be afraid to add some more props.

Powerhouse Choir: I don't like Glee and I didn't like their act. It would be a great show to see in my local acting theater, but it's not great in a talent competition of this level. I agree with Howie that they needed to go beyond Glee in order to get the votes they need.

My predictions
Beth Ann Robinson
Gymkana
West Springfield Dance
Matt Wilhelm

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
I'm late on this but the show left me so drained of energy I couldn't bring myself to do this.

To copy Kariko Uniko who copied GrowingDandelion

Beth Ann Robinson: Good, but eh. It needed something. It's tough to be a solo dancer.

Aeon Fever: Waste of time, and a complete mess. They left me thinking that their street/urban act cannot be made for a Vegas show.

Breena Bell: Much too young for this. She did the same thing for her whole audition, much too repetitive. I didn't think she'd even make the show, but color me baffled, surprised and annoyed when she did.

TNC Elite: Solid but nothing mind shattering. I'm getting tough to please.

Kalani Basketball Freestyle: Harlem Globetrotters and all related talk aside he couldn't make a show outta this. He does deserve to be a Globetrotter though I think.

West Springfield Dance: Pretty hectic IMO, they were solid enough and did the corpse crawl well. Not sure if the creepiness will have America voting them through but you never know.

Gymkana: They basically redid their audition tape but with nicer costumes, props, etc and that really added to the show I think.

Matt Wilhelm: Card gamesFighting Gravity on motorcycles a bicycle. It was interesting but not breathtaking.

Brett Daniels: Yawn. Horrible presentation though his setup looked professional.

Gabe Rocks: This wasn't in the voting options. They just pulled it out of their a**. And it's dumb. To add onto Kaiko's words here... they spammed his vids for weeks when advertising for this show. Absolutely stupid. He's a one trick dog and animal acts have bored me since I was seven.

Kevin Colis: AMMAAAAAAHZIIIING- ly average singer! He was off-key in parts and didn't color me impressed...not that I could sing better of course. Add typical backstocky of blandess and BAM! Average. Disinterest activated!

Powerhouse Choir: Thirty dancing people can't share three standing mics x.x Give them mouthpieces, please. <--- Some of them WERE wearing individual mics. Color me even more annoyed when they said they started Glee *facepalms* They'll go through on that s**t alone... God I hate this high school musical-loving fad. *grumbles*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff