Welcome to Gaia! ::

Brainvoyager is my artist name. I'm a Dutch creator of electronic music, living in The Netherlands. Spelled as 'Brain Voyager' the name Brainvoyager appeared as a song title and album name on the 1985 seventh vinyl album of Robert Schröder, a German electronic musician. Yes, I'm old enough to remember this, I even bought that album right after its release.

This name covers exactly what my music stands for: a voyage within the listener's brain, thus turning him or her into a real brainvoyager.

My idols - among others - are: Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, Steve Roach, Robert Schröder, Vangelis, Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Markus Schulz...

I kindly invite you to watch and listen to my video's. After you have done this, I would like to receive some (or much) feedback from you. I always try to improve myself. But that means that I need the listener's opinion of course.

I realize that it is not always mainstream what I do. But hope that there are listeners out there that can appreciate what I do.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Space/Ambient/Downtempo/Cosmic:

1. First Exploration

2. Everything is Fine

3. Beautiful Thoughts

4. Dreaming Without The Isolation Of Sleep

5. Merging Moments

6. Nothing Will Last Forever

7. Evolving

9. Less is More

10. Towards A Shimmering Horizon

Dance:

8. Neurosis!

11. Mesmerize

12. Dynamic Interlude
Wel Evolsine, I followed your suggestion and put my links in your thread. But it's a dead end. No responses at all. Same story goes for other threads I opened.

I subscribed to Gaia because I saw that this forum has 26 million subscribers worldwide. But I better should search for other forums. No responses on Gaia, so far it seems a fairly useless forum to me. Sorry to say but I regret my subscription. So far.
Brainvoyager
Wel Evolsine, I followed your suggestion and put my links in your thread. But it's a dead end. No responses at all. Same story goes for other threads I opened.

I subscribed to Gaia because I saw that this forum has 26 million subscribers worldwide. But I better should search for other forums. No responses on Gaia, so far it seems a fairly useless forum to me. Sorry to say but I regret my subscription. So far.

You need to have more patience. Real lives take precedence over a forum smile

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Brainvoyager
My idols - among others - are: Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, Steve Roach, Robert Schröder, Vangelis, Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Markus Schulz...

First Exploration - This didn't really grab my attention. I guess it's because I was expecting the synths to be a bit softer.

Everything is Fine - The metal percussion is a bit strange, but then it really began to work out. I like how this one evolved from a small thing into something a little more. It's pretty minimal and entrancing.

Beautiful Thoughts - I didn't hear anything beautiful about this. If anything, it reminded me more of exploration on a planet somewhere.

Dreaming Without The Isolation of Sleep - If peace wasn't silent but audible, I'd imagine this is what it sounds like. Or something close to that, anyway. Very relaxing.

Merging Moments - Like the previous one, though not stated, I can kind of hear the influences of Steve Roach.

Neurosis - I'm not really sure what to say about this one except that it felt like it was going from one track to another, which kind of confused me, because throughout the whole track, it sounds like a collection of different songs.

Mesmerize - Very enjoyable track. I like the retro sound and the arpeggios that follow behind it, along with the Cosmic Baby backing vocal sound effect.

Dynamic Interlude - Nice mellow intro. I like the little pitch bends, too. This one is probably my favorite of your dance tracks so far. It sounds serious, and I like that. I just wish the kick was a tad louder and that there was some variety on the percussion throughout the track instead of just a kick.

I'll have to take a listen to the others another time. In the meantime, get yourself a SoundCloud It's free.
Alukarj, thank you very much for taking the effort to listen to my tracks. Your reviews are very much appreciated. I do recognize some of your remarks. They are just what I need since I have not had much feedback on my music so far. I started making music only ten months ago.

Overlooking your reviews again, I think I should especially recommend my track Evolving now. It's my favorite track.

And now I'm curious what you will have to say about my other tracks. But I will keep in mind what Evolsine said to me in his posting right before your review... redface

Thanks to you I'm on Soundcloud aswell:

http://soundcloud.com/brainvoyager/sets/brainvoyager

Original Poster

10,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Hello. I've been producing EDM for a few years now, but just recently got into Liquid DnB. This is my first ever attempt at producing a Liquid DnB track. It's still a WIP, but I wanted to get some input on it since I really don't know much about Liquid DnB, or DnB in general. Thanks in advanced, guys.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55483360/First%20ever%20DnB%20project1.mp3

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Nothing Will Last Forever - The transition in between is kind of abrupt. I did enjoy the whole thing, however.

Evolving - Fitting title.

Less is More - I didn't care much for the guitar because I feel as if it kind of overpowers the background synths, which I do enjoy quite a lot. It kind of reminds me of something out of the N64 era. If it were a tad quieter, then it'd probably feel a bit more natural. Lol. The Golden Dawn logo?

Towards The Shimmering Horizon - Mellow and something you could fall asleep to. I really like the synth keys around the five minute mark.

You should try to make something like this using your synths. I think it would be pretty awesome.

U-Recken - Zoodoo

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Musehk
Hello. I've been producing EDM for a few years now, but just recently got into Liquid DnB. This is my first ever attempt at producing a Liquid DnB track. It's still a WIP, but I wanted to get some input on it since I really don't know much about Liquid DnB, or DnB in general. Thanks in advanced, guys.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55483360/First ever DnB project1.mp3

I don't even know what to say about this. I've never heard of D&B like this before. Nice pad sound and vocals. Try to change it up a bit so it's not too repetitious.
Musehk

Production wise that sounds really clean. Nice work.

^^ its not that repetitive... and its only 2 minutes long. I think you suffer from music ADHD

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
GlassBox
^^ its not that repetitive... and its only 2 minutes long. I think you suffer from music ADHD

Is that directed towards me?
Alukarj
GlassBox

indeed

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
GlassBox
Alukarj
GlassBox

indeed

It probably has to do with the fact that I listen to stuff like classical music, so I usually expect it to change from one thing to the next rather quickly. I'm not even sure what ADHD does.

Original Poster

10,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Alukarj
Musehk

I don't even know what to say about this. I've never heard of D&B like this before. Nice pad sound and vocals. Try to change it up a bit so it's not too repetitious.

Thanks. I looped it so I'd have a longer clip to show for it.

Original Poster

10,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
GlassBox
Musehk

Production wise that sounds really clean. Nice work.

Appreciate it!

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Musehk
Alukarj
Musehk

Thanks. I looped it so I'd have a longer clip to show for it.

Okie dokie. Do whatever, I guess. But I agree that it sounds really nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff