Welcome to Gaia! ::

Layra-chan
Wait, are we actually making brostep? Like, I've got a track that is currently half dubstep, half brostep, and was wondering which direction we're going in.

Greedy Bloodsucker

Evolsine
Layra-chan
Wait, are we actually making brostep? Like, I've got a track that is currently half dubstep, half brostep, and was wondering which direction we're going in.

Noob

Yo Give Me Some Criticisms.! And Tell ME What You Think Dawwwgs.!
Spectrum ft. Matthew Koma (Mommaz Remix)

Greedy Capitalist

Well ya'll seem cool, I guess I'll post what I've released.

Inquisition
Mr Mommas

The vocal is very badly synced to the track. I'm not even sure it's the same tempo.
Also the way the noise layer that starts at 1:29 dissipates at1:35 makes the entire track seem to shrink inwards and generally lowers the energy level of the chorus a lot. For the same reason, the second anthem sounds a lot weaker and smaller than the first.
Vendent Drone

Inquisition

The entire track sounds lowpassed. I'm not sure if it's because of the preset you used or not, but the track sounds thin and slightly dulled, as if it were being played through laptop speakers.
Layra-chan
Mr Mommas

The vocal is very badly synced to the track. I'm not even sure it's the same tempo.
Also the way the noise layer that starts at 1:29 dissipates at1:35 makes the entire track seem to shrink inwards and generally lowers the energy level of the chorus a lot. For the same reason, the second anthem sounds a lot weaker and smaller than the first.

Aye Thanks Alot, Your Right.! :'D

Greedy Capitalist

Layra-chan
Vendent Drone

Inquisition

The entire track sounds lowpassed. I'm not sure if it's because of the preset you used or not, but the track sounds thin and slightly dulled, as if it were being played through laptop speakers.

It's the preset, lemme see what I can do to fix that.
I hereby humbly submit another track to your criticism. emotion_awesome
http://soundcloud.com/justcoffee/intoxicated
Vendent Drone

Inquisition

Could use a bit more low end. Maybe some contrabass (real vs synthetic). I wouldn't mind hearing small sections of choir.
Layra-chan
Mr Mommas

I agree about the vocals being off synch. Its actually really painful sad

Greedy Capitalist

Okay, so I fixed the muffling by lowering the LFO's Center Frequency, but this gave me a white noise esch overtone about an octave above the base pitch. Any ideas on how I can filter that out?
Vendent Drone
Okay, so I fixed the muffling by lowering the LFO's Center Frequency, but this gave me a white noise esch overtone about an octave above the base pitch. Any ideas on how I can filter that out?

EQ? What are you using? It would be best if you could remove the overtone at the source rather than cutting it out later, but I have no idea what the synth architecture is so I can't say it's there.
Just Coffee
I hereby humbly submit another track to your criticism. emotion_awesome
http://soundcloud.com/justcoffee/intoxicated

The subbass isn't interacting well with the kick. Seconding Evol's comment about tightening the sidechain on the sub.
Also the wobbley part has significantly less sub, making it sound a lot lighter. Not sure if you want that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff