• Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Person of Interest 200
yes, whooligan would be better!

Vermillion Hunter

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Restorative Spirit 250
If I remember correctly, Wholligans are fans of the Who.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
For some reason whooligan doesn't click
since I'm so used to Whovian
and it has the whole history behind it
but I must admit it would have been funny.

~Kiri~Kunoichi~'s Significant Otter

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Twisted Time Lord
I think they probably were both a thing but whovian caught on faster for whatever reason be it luck or just that people subconsciously like the sound of whovian better then whooligan since whooligan literally sounds like but is spelled differently then the actual word hooligan.
XD! That's what makes it so amazing to me~ I've never minded the 'negative' associations with it; it seems more like it'd be the punk scene. Punk is like an insult for some trouble-making ne'er-do-well, but it's also a style of music and dress and became a subculture that's taken on a whole new meaning. UuU I'm fond of that kind of thing, and I think it'd have been cool if Whooligan was the one that caught on. XDa

CookiesWolf
Yup, I know :3 Probably a missed opportunity. It's a bit of a shame that the word which is a bit pejorative is also the one that sounds the coolest emo

Cx Well, I don't mind the pejorative association with hooligan, as I explained above, but it'd be pretty sad if it was generally accepted as the term for the overzealous, rabid fans of the show. ; w;

Lupine Cookie

48,750 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • The Committee Staff 25
CookiesWolf
Yup, I know :3 Probably a missed opportunity. It's a bit of a shame that the word which is a bit pejorative is also the one that sounds the coolest emo

Cx Well, I don't mind the pejorative association with hooligan, as I explained above, but it'd be pretty sad if it was generally accepted as the term for the overzealous, rabid fans of the show. ; w;

Mhh, true neutral I wonder if ppl could have come up with other nicknames for DW fans other than those two.

Edit: my quoting went wrong, sorry about that emo

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Furbish Lousewort
yes, whooligan would be better!
> w<! It does sound very fun to me~~ XD

tangochan85
If I remember correctly, Wholligans are fans of the Who.

3nodding Someone mentioned that. I wasn't aware of that, but it's still interesting to contemplate why Whooligans weren't DW fans and Whovian would be for the band fans. Cx

Green_Fuu
For some reason whooligan doesn't click
since I'm so used to Whovian
and it has the whole history behind it
but I must admit it would have been funny.

Haha, yeah, it's got the history, so I accept it as the main name, I'm just thinking in hypotheticals mostly, also curiosity as to why the name wasn't whooligan [which was more or less answered]

Hehe, I agree~ Cx

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
CookiesWolf
Saffrons_Curse

Mhh, true neutral I wonder if ppl could have come up with other nicknames for DW fans other than those two.

Hmmm~~ that's a good question. I would like to think about things that are puns with the name of the show.. like if there was something that could have been done with the Doctor part. :Ua

Lupine Cookie

48,750 Points
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • The Committee Staff 25
Saffrons_Curse
CookiesWolf
Saffrons_Curse

Hmmm~~ that's a good question. I would like to think about things that are puns with the name of the show.. like if there was something that could have been done with the Doctor part. :Ua

3nodding Trying to think of stuff like that too.

Feral Rogue

23,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Saffrons_Curse
Twisted Time Lord
I think they probably were both a thing but whovian caught on faster for whatever reason be it luck or just that people subconsciously like the sound of whovian better then whooligan since whooligan literally sounds like but is spelled differently then the actual word hooligan.
XD! That's what makes it so amazing to me~ I've never minded the 'negative' associations with it; it seems more like it'd be the punk scene. Punk is like an insult for some trouble-making ne'er-do-well, but it's also a style of music and dress and became a subculture that's taken on a whole new meaning. UuU I'm fond of that kind of thing, and I think it'd have been cool if Whooligan was the one that caught on. XDa

Ah I guess, I don't know much about that stuff.

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Twisted Time Lord
Saffrons_Curse
Twisted Time Lord

-shrugs- I'm no expert myself. XD! I just think it's a fun way to play with words. UuU!! <3

CookiesWolf
Saffrons_Curse

Hmmm I just thought of Docs, but then that would seem more like.. we're all the doctor or something, and that wouldn't flow so well. xDa

W.A.G.s could be an interesting/not easy to get one [some stupid s**t like We Adore Gallifreans or something idk. XD I also dk if there's some slang in Britain that might already use WAG to mean something else. @ w@a ]

Lupine Cookie

48,750 Points
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • The Committee Staff 25
Saffrons_Curse
Twisted Time Lord
Saffrons_Curse
Twisted Time Lord

-shrugs- I'm no expert myself. XD! I just think it's a fun way to play with words. UuU!! <3

CookiesWolf
Saffrons_Curse

Hmmm I just thought of Docs, but then that would seem more like.. we're all the doctor or something, and that wouldn't flow so well. xDa

W.A.G.s could be an interesting/not easy to get one [some stupid s**t like We Adore Gallifreans or something idk. XD I also dk if there's some slang in Britain that might already use WAG to mean something else. @ w@a ]

Haha ^^
W.A.G.s could be fun, yeah.

Darn, I can't find any funny other name emo
I will love the Doctor for time and all eternity no matter what us fans are called. xp

Charming Glutton

54,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
CookiesWolf
Haha ^^
W.A.G.s could be fun, yeah.

Darn, I can't find any funny other name emo
There could be jokes about like... you can't spell swag without wag or some s**t XD!!

; w;! Awww~

CherryAmore
I will love the Doctor for time and all eternity no matter what us fans are called. xp

Excellent mindset! What you are called doesn't matter so long as you like whatever it is you may be into XD! <3
Wholigan is what you call a bad fan.

Examples:

Those Wholigan bitches be thinking David Tennant is the second Doctor.

Damnit. Those Wholigans are ******** crying because the new doctor is older and refuse to watch the new series.

No Wholigan, no! He's called The Doctor. Not "Doctor Who"! (Yes, there are people who claim to be fans of the show but still think his name is "Doctor Who"

Tipsy Wench

At a convention Sylvester McCoy said we should be called Who'res.
I'm all for that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces