Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Phantom

Maybe it's just me. I accidentally clicked on the guidelines for this forum and noticed this:

Welcome to the Doctor Who forum! This forum is intended for discussion of all things pertaining to everyone's favourite time-travelling Time Lord, Doctor Who, and his adventures!

Doesn't it bother you when people assume that his name is Doctor Who?

Familiar Businessman

6,600 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Edward 100
Well... for someone like me who knows nothing about the inside of the series, having "DOCTOR WHO FORUM!!!" shouting out is more effective magnet than trying to name the doctor(s?) him(them?)self(selves?).

... or so I think. What do I know about classics?

Anxious Phantom

Lord0fAngels
Well... for someone like me who knows nothing about the inside of the series, having "DOCTOR WHO FORUM!!!" shouting out is more effective magnet than trying to name the doctor(s?) him(them?)self(selves?).

... or so I think. What do I know about classics?

Umm, I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to say. I just think they should change the incorrect line, everyone's favourite time-travelling Time Lord, Doctor Who.

It should be everyone's favourite time-travelling Time Lord, The Doctor. They can keep the title of the show in the name of the forum. That makes perfect sense already.

Familiar Businessman

6,600 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Edward 100
I see... well, that just goes to show that I SERIOUSLY have no clue for the series.

I think that I made myself clear, though. Some people just doesn't know the series enough to care or actually acknowledge that the mistake was made in the line. Personally, I might have to venture a guess that either...

A) the coder who designed the forum have NO CLUE about the seires

B) the said coder might have messed up and never bothered to fix it

C) the said coder purposefully made such error so that people won't be confused by "The Doctor"

Either way, I think you answered yourself in your first post. I think many people DO believe that his name is "Doctor Who," and not... whatever his name is.

O.G. Gaian

Personally, the "bowl of wibbly-wobbly" in the description when it was an Entertainment sub-forum bothered me more.

Conservative Sex Symbol

His name isn't The Doctor either. Honestly, The Doctor hasn't had a name until recently (in the newer version of the series) and Spoilers... Melody Pond ( aka Dr. River Song) is STILL the only one that knows it. The Doctor is just one of his MANY aliases. IE The Valeyard and the On coming storm among others.
But, I do like your phrasing better.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Suzerain of All
His name isn't The Doctor either. Honestly, The Doctor hasn't had a name until recently (in the newer version of the series) and Spoilers... Melody Pond ( aka Dr. River Song) is STILL the only one that knows it. The Doctor is just one of his MANY aliases. IE The Valeyard and the On coming storm among others.
Did Clara forget it after she read it in a book in the TARDIS' library?

Conservative Sex Symbol

Ratttking
Suzerain of All
Did Clara forget it after she read it in a book in the TARDIS' library?
Time was reversed so she never actually read it. (Though she did seem to be regaining some of those memories).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff