Every time like fire from the sky

Q123 Q123 Q123

zOMG, do you not feel my passion
Or can you hear the call of my coyote buffs
My eight rings on these fingers tough
Go forth and share my luff

Beloved Elder

Why do I love zOMG? Why am I on Gaia at all? - by SmallTownGuy

As a Gaia parent, I've been grateful our kids have had a good place to hang out, chat with friends, and have some fun. Four of our five kids have had Gaia accounts. Most of their friends had Gaia accounts. Through high school, this was their place to contact their real-life friends and chat. If one had a party, they'd invite each other via Guilds. If they had a few extra minutes, this was their place for a quick round of Word Bump or Jigsaw. My wife and - later - I created accounts so they could connect to us when they wanted.

My elder son was the first to show me the new "Battle System" Gaia was working on. Knowing that I was a D&D player from *way* back, he knew I'd be hooked.

And - with encouragement from our daughters - I was hooked. I played many long sessions with them. It was great! My elder son almost always played a healer, my younger son imagined himself a ninja, my younger daughter preferred a long-range archer, and I went for the 3 swords front-liner. zOMG's unique format allowed us to change styles whenever we wished. It not only appealed to my old D&D roots, it added a huge social element. D&D was always as much about socializing as it was about fantasy life. D&D - in the form of zOMG - was suddenly a way to reach out to my kids and others, help them, interact.

Today they're on zOMG less often. We last had a chance to crew together on Christmas. My middle daughter is busy with grad school and her engagement (yes, her fiancé is a Gaian). My eldest daughter has a girl of her own.

But I find I'm still here. I have become something of an uncle figure (not quite a father figure) to many, many young men and ladies (and a few not so young). I'm having a blast with them. I hope to continue for quite a while.

How long will Gaia last, and how long will I remain here? I don't know. I do know that Gaia is losing market share at a terrible rate, first to Facebook and now to cell phones. There are more competing ways to socialize online than there were 10 years ago. Flash is losing favor among developers, so any new games will need to target different platforms with a different code base. Will Gaia make the transition? We'll have to see.

Malevolent Tycoon

Malefic Nite

Golden Babe

You know what turns me on the most
The beast of the Gold Beach Landy
She is tough, she is thick
She got the bite to back it up emotion_dowant
But I rarely see my love crying
Landy, on this special day, please come see me emotion_kirakira
I let you nibble me all you want

Kawaii Cat

11,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dandeliondart
~Once A Thriving Kingdom~

Hidden by the golden sand,
Upon which some vines grow,
Lies a hidden jungle.
As you step onto the luscious grass,
This land's story unfolds.

First you see,
What looks like a savage.
Then you come across,
Some exotic feathered creatures.
And what looks like,
A spinning null chamber.
Amidst the vines and trees,
Are what might've been some homes.

And when you reach the golden steps, you become certain of what was once there.
Climbing, until you reach the cliffs,
You find evidence of an ancient throne.
Rin and Lin, are what they are called,
Or perhaps, it is all they can remember.
They challenge your wits & courage,
And you discover more of these ruins.
The story is learned, the people gone,
All that remains is a sacred place.
A place for two, or one, to contemplate.
Climb to the highest hills,
Close your eyes and live,
Live a day in the once flourishing grounds.
Or just lie beneath the Blood Tree,
And let your thoughts loose.
For you're in the grand,
Empire of Otami.

What does the wall of text look like? cat_wink

A bladed vase! cat_4laugh

Dapper Gawker

Beachsand
Why I Love zOMG

zOMG is a great way to meet all kinds of people, and you need to interact in order to succeed in the game.
The graphics are great-especially in Otami Ruins and the Shallow Seas. It makes the game more fun and interesting.

zOMG is the fun way to make gold (for me anyway), and it is a great place to just sit and talk with random people. zOMG is one of the better games.

Unbeatable Tycoon

Storm Malice Presents zOMG! crazy love story

Oh zOMG!
When I bestow on your land
I fall in love
But what is with those crazy monsters on your land?!
They have anger issues!
I can't enjoy this land with them on it scream
They will scar your beauty and tear you to pieces
Who will save this holy land?
I will save your beauty from those monsters
Whose only wish is to destroy you!
This land is free and its beauty is for those who appreciate it!

Cheery Visionary

15,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
*Username: Besulalea
* Title of Entry: RINGing in the Love for zOMG!
* Valentine message about zOMG!:
Oh zOMG! I remembered when I first BUMPed into you. I was so excited that I ran around like a DERVISH. And just like FIRE RAIN you were both hot and cool! Like a MANTIS I HACKed and SLASHed my way through all enemies to be with you. Why some games have only GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, you have fun creative rings. I find this as refreshing as a HEAVY WATER BALLOON being dropped upon me. I buzz with excitement like a HORNETS NEST. Like having a HOT FOOT I cannot keep still in your world! You complete my Gaia experience like a HUNTER’S BOW to his arrow, a SHURIKEN to a ninja, a SHARK ATTACK in a Jaws movie, the list goes on! SOLAR RAYS shine when you are updated. You are the DUCT TAPE that fixes me when I have had a bad day or stepped in goo and have a GUMSHOE; but like QUICKSAND my sadness goes away!

I admit I was a SCAREDY CAT at first not wanting to play you until you were perfect. All the TAUNTs you get on Gaia made me hesitant as if you were surrounded by an IMPROBABILITY SPHERE and destined to fail. But like putting on a POT LID, I put all those negatives in a pot, put a lid on it, and never looked back. As if you had ROCK ARMOR those words never hurt you! Like being covered in TEFLON SPRAY those words slipped off you! I admit I was like a TURTLE hiding in my shell when something bad was said about you, but I never left your side!

If I ask you for a BANDAGE, you DEFIBRILLATE me! You heal my DIAGNOSE above and beyond what I ask for! A HEALING HALO shines around your logo whenever I see your gaming link! I hunger you more than I do MEAT. I WISH to play you non-stop. Like a COYOTE SPIRIT you are wild and full of life! A DIVINITY in the gaming world! My avatar has so much FITNESS playing you that her FLEET FEET knows no bounds! Those other games don’t stand a GHOST of a chance with your IRON WILL and your KEEN AYE for excellence! MY DENSITY however has increased since I sit and play you, but with FORTUNE’S FAVOR my carbonated soda SUGAR RUSH should kick in and all I’ll see is you! Like a KNIFE SHARPEN you have become a real point on Gaia! You are full of INTEGRITY and get my ADRENALINE rushing.

You are my SWEETHEART!

Love, Besulalea

Malevolent Tycoon

Malefic Nite

The TARP trap

Oh BB full
Such a glorious bounty you have here
Why don't people take advantage of it?
Oh well guess I help myself to your beauty emotion_dowant
Wait what are these stack of bones eek
I'm sure it's nothing....I hope gonk
Then if it's nothing then why the ground quake
Is that a fin eek
No it can't be, its its its
The love of my life Epic Landy
If you was looking for love
All you had to do was to call me
But I should be glad that you're full
I didn't want to become your next meal after all sweatdrop

Friendly Friend

12,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
SiCotic Oz
SiCotic Oz

-Epic Fail-

When I first rejoined Gaia a few months ago, I decided to give zOMG another chance, I played solo for a good while, slowing getting my way to 10.0, then I was excited to try out DMS for the first time ever, unfortunately for the first could of times I tried to join crews, people wouldn't let me join because they didn't want to bother showing me how to play until I met a couple cool cats, Gemenice and Chercherin ( emotion_awesome ), who have taken me through about 80% of all the runs I've done in DMS, and then I met some other cool cats who never stick their heads out of Village Greens because they farm so much, tripelc55 and Glam Factory ( emotion_awesome ), and now I'm happy to say I'm on my way to 12.0 (currently 11.5) and I finally got attuned a few days ago thanks to Gem and Cher! emotion_bigheart Now all thats left is for someone to complete their promise, BrokenxBell ( emotion_awesome ) and take me to defeat Bloodlust, xD. By far the best part of the game is the people you meet on here. heart especially my lady that I met here, Lilacia ( emotion_awesome )

Gemenice

Chercherin

tripelc55

Glam Factory

BrokenxBell

Lilacia

I luv ya emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart I'm really really happy that I know you emotion_bigheart

Wealthy Gaian

11,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
SiCotic Oz
SiCotic Oz

-Epic Fail-

When I first rejoined Gaia a few months ago, I decided to give zOMG another chance, I played solo for a good while, slowing getting my way to 10.0, then I was excited to try out DMS for the first time ever, unfortunately for the first could of times I tried to join crews, people wouldn't let me join because they didn't want to bother showing me how to play until I met a couple cool cats, Gemenice and Chercherin ( emotion_awesome ), who have taken me through about 80% of all the runs I've done in DMS, and then I met some other cool cats who never stick their heads out of Village Greens because they farm so much, tripelc55 and Glam Factory ( emotion_awesome ), and now I'm happy to say I'm on my way to 12.0 (currently 11.5) and I finally got attuned a few days ago thanks to Gem and Cher! emotion_bigheart Now all thats left is for someone to complete their promise, BrokenxBell ( emotion_awesome ) and take me to defeat Bloodlust, xD. By far the best part of the game is the people you meet on here. heart especially my lady that I met here, Lilacia ( emotion_awesome )

Gemenice

Chercherin

tripelc55

Glam Factory

BrokenxBell

Lilacia

I DMS AMD SMEB ALL THE TIME XD
username : tripping on trees.
title of entry : bring your buffs!
valentine message about zOMG! :
roses are red,
violets are blue.
if you don't bring buffs,
smeb will kill you.

Donoyis's Wife

Timid Darling

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
*Username l Callista l
* Title of Entry: zOMG! V-Day Ring Status
* Valentine message about zOMG!
Turtle keeps hiding protectively under her shell after losing her Integrity. Ghost won't stop Taunting people that are Scaredy Cats like Solar Rays who hides behind the clouds. Fitness won't stop bragging about his muscles, most likely will soon be wearing Duct Tape. Fire Rain and Heavy Water Balloon are at war again; although, fighting in Quicksand won't get them very far. My Density saved Barton Town from a earthquake. Divinity and Healing Halo are now halo and wing. Fleet Feet now needs defibrillate after noticing he isn't faster than Dervish. Bandage and diagnose were planning to stage a rebellion--until a Hornet's Nest fell from a tree, complimentary of Hack and Slash. Meat is attempting to free himself from the boiling point; although, he can't even Bump the Pot Lid and Hot Foot awaits for lunch. Improbability Sphere is using Rock Armor as a canvas; however, keeps mumbling, "I don't know...maybe that's not right." Teflon Spray stepped on Gumshoe and sprayed him down furiously while screaming, "Perish, bacteria-contaminated thing!" Sugar Rush and Adrenaline cheer vigorously for the battle between Mantis and Shark Attack; meanwhile, Knife Sharpen and Keen Aye throw plastic knifes at trees for entertainment. Hunter's Bow and Shuriken are playing hide-and-seek with Coyote Spirit, who takes the game too seriously that its scary. My Density saved Barton Town from a earthquake...again. Guns, Guns, Guns is playing Marvel vs. DC Universe with Iron Will, who refuses to give up. Sweetheart is still crushing over Fortune's Favor. All the rings seem occupied and are spreading their love around zOMG--*Fleet Feet and Dervish speed by*--in...their own special way and I just saved Barton Town for the THIRD TIME from a earthquake For The Love Of Gaia! 3nodding heart dramallama heart 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff