Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cheery Visionary

15,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
If I'd had known that this was going to be a "randomly selected winner" contest, then I wouldn't have put so much effort into it. I am very disappointed that the winners were picked as if this contest was an oversight and demean their talents.

Nevertheless, congrats to the winners for entering! I had fun reading all the Valentines~! heart

Kawaii Cat

11,925 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Hero 100
Omg! I never expected to win! cat_crying So happy.
Congrats to everyone else who won! cat_4laugh

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Besulalea
If I'd had known that this was going to be a "randomly selected winner" contest, then I wouldn't have put so much effort into it. I am very disappointed that the winners were picked as if this contest was an oversight and demean their talents.

Nevertheless, congrats to the winners for entering! I had fun reading all the Valentines~! heart

Glad you had fun entering! Sorry you feel this way about the selection of winners - it wasn't stated how they would be decided at the outset, and I heard from numerous people that they wanted winners to be randomly selected so we went with that. We're also sorry if you felt that your efforts were "demeaned" by the way we selected the winners, but we're not quite sure what you mean by this statement. How is this in any way demeaning of anyone's talents? It's not - all entries were well done, and we appreciated them all.

Thanks,
Sisky

Cheery Visionary

15,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
siskataya
Besulalea

Glad you had fun entering! Sorry you feel this way about the selection of winners - it wasn't stated how they would be decided at the outset, and I heard from numerous people that they wanted winners to be randomly selected so we went with that. We're also sorry if you felt that your efforts were "demeaned" by the way we selected the winners, but we're not quite sure what you mean by this statement. How is this in any way demeaning of anyone's talents? It's not - all entries were well done, and we appreciated them all.

Thanks,
Sisky

I wouldn't have had such a knee-jerk reaction with the winners being chosen at random if it was edited in the first post to let others know; I didn't know that lots of people were wanting it judged this way and with that didn't realize that the outcome would have been picked this way. I read lots of Valentines that were long and looked like they took a while to create so I thought that some people may have felt demeaned by having a random generator pick the winners. This is my first time entering a Gaia contest so I didn't know that judging can go different ways.
Thank you so much for taking time to speak with me! I enjoyed entering your contest and reading them! I look forward to entering more contests in the future~! heart

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Besulalea
siskataya
Besulalea

Thanks,
Sisky

I wouldn't have had such a knee-jerk reaction with the winners being chosen at random if it was edited in the first post to let others know; I didn't know that lots of people were wanting it judged this way and with that didn't realize that the outcome would have been picked this way. I read lots of Valentines that were long and looked like they took a while to create so I thought that some people may have felt demeaned by having a random generator pick the winners. This is my first time entering a Gaia contest so I didn't know that judging can go different ways.
Thank you so much for taking time to speak with me! I enjoyed entering your contest and reading them! I look forward to entering more contests in the future~! heart

Thanks for replying, and the clarification! I was honestly just wondering why you felt that way in case something was really wrong. I appreciate your letting me know your feelings on this, and we'll try and make sure the selection of winners is more clearly defined in contest rules going forward. Glad you entered though, and that you'll be part of more contests in the future! biggrin

Lucky Cat

Happy Valentines everyone heart emotion_awesome heart

Time to go level this ring up and give people some loving emotion_dowant

Also my humble gratitude to all- participants, winners, and to Sisky for holding this contest.
Hopefully more zOMG contests will be in the future.

Kawaii Cat

11,925 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Hero 100
digi162
Happy Valentines everyone heart emotion_awesome heart

Time to go level this ring up and give people some loving emotion_dowant

Also my humble gratitude to all- participants, winners, and to Sisky for holding this contest.
Hopefully more zOMG contests will be in the future.

I loved your entry btw. As soon as I saw that title "Q123Q123" I was like.. omg that's so ME! cat_eek Anyway, congrats to you and the other winners as well! I really loved some of these entries.

Super Junior

eek OMG, I won?
Well, congrats to the other winners and great job people who participated! Your valentines were amazing heart
Now I need to get this ring up...

Vicious Prophet

Besulalea

Agreed. I actually put a lot of work into mine and I'm disappointed. I understand that a lot of people asked for it, but I expected this to be more of a writing contest. Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered to write an entire sestina. That took me over an hour to write and I don't think a random selection was fair to those of us who put in a lot of effort.

Congrats to the winners, though.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Congrats to all the winners and a big thanks to Sisky for hosting this competition. emotion_yatta

Generous Fairy

12,700 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
Besulalea

This. LOL I don't even wanna say how much time I spent on my poem ... whee it was a lot, lol.

Also multiple entries were allowed, so I could have spent that time posting lots of shorter/quicker poems & notes and had a much higher change of winning. talk2hand Bleughhhh.

congrats to the winners dramallama

Vicious Prophet

Coniglietto
Besulalea

This. LOL I don't even wanna say how much time I spent on my poem ... whee it was a lot, lol.

Also multiple entries were allowed, so I could have spent that time posting lots of shorter/quicker poems & notes and had a much higher change of winning. talk2hand Bleughhhh.

congrats to the winners dramallama

Agreed. It's unfair to those of us who put a lot of effort into just one thing.

Desirable Lover

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
heart heart bump heart heart

Magnetic Explorer

Hilarious Genius

Pick-up line for Zomg attempt:

" Are you buzzkill?"

"uhh.. why is that?"

"Because just a few seconds of being with you made me unconcious"

Fail:

" baby are you a trashcan? "

" The *fuup*?! are you flaming me? or just annoying me?!

" Wait!! Don't misunderstand!! That was a-"

" No,no. that was definetly a harrassment."

" You *Booop*!! Just calm down and *booping* listen to me!! "

" You know what? I am going to report you for abusing a young maiden like me! "

" What the Heaven?! You call that attitude a maiden? more like a *boop* "

" See? *clicks report abuse* "

" C'mon! I just wanted to tell you that- *Insta logout*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash