Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Aww wow, sorry to hear about your eye ScriptKitten, I'm glad to hear you're doing better now. Man, I think that would drive me crazy :'(
So i've tried this Sudoku program in 3 different Linux distros (LUbuntu, Debian with XFCE and regular Debian) and in ALL OF THEM it has a different problem.
In LUbuntu it occasionally doesn't open the lower and upper boxes for the small numbers anymore, in XFCE Debian the selected field is completely black and in regular Debian it simply doesn't open the upper/lower boxes at all.
How hard can it possibly be to get this crap to work. I'll try regular Ubuntu later (another one and a half hour of installing an OS coming up - whohoo ...) and when i'm finally done with my thesis i'll write one for Windows so i can skip all those problems.
Seriously ...

Edit: Wait, the last problem only happened because it was in full screen. FFS.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
I fail to see how wearing sunglasses doesn't solve the current eye problem. I mean 1) sunglasses dim lights, granted that's a very loose claim. But more importantly 2) You get to wear sunglasses inside, which is cool unless you're one of those ladies who gets beat up on by their husbands which sucks but i mean hey cool sunglasses.

Also, I find it coincidential that I've forgotten my password to my LastPass account. That's not funny either. Well, maybe a little.
Quote:

Progress?

Quote:

Totally unexpected, and greatly appreciated! A very big thank you to whomever this anonymous benefactor is! eek heart biggrin

Congrats and all but if I were you I'd be careful, no one gives away stuff like that without some kind of incentive, which means you'd better be ready for some happy endings. Oh wait, the gaia marketplace is inflated as s**t right now, my bad. [PREVIOUS STATEMENT RETRACTED]
Shade7510
I fail to see how wearing sunglasses doesn't solve the current eye problem. I mean 1) sunglasses dim lights, granted that's a very loose claim. But more importantly 2) You get to wear sunglasses inside, which is cool unless you're one of those ladies who gets beat up on by their husbands which sucks but i mean hey cool sunglasses.

Certain ones help me when I have issues or are just plain dilated. But those are specially made. Typically it's face covering and nobody finds that sexy. All light hurts though so worth it.
Shade7510
Congrats and all but if I were you I'd be careful, no one gives away stuff like that without some kind of incentive, which means you'd better be ready for some happy endings

Don't have that little faith in humanity. I constantly gave all my gold away in the past, like $25 whole dollars worth. Though in games like RuneScape I still semi-regularly give out like $40 worth. When I bother to play that is. I just want people to be happy. It makes me feel good.
...Whoa. Now here's a place I haven't been to in a while. I'm surprised people still post here. Hell, I figured Gaia as a whole would be dead by now. And the old IRC is still up, too, which is even more surprising.

Now to figure out what all happened here in the past 3 or so years.
Shade7510
Plus you totally have an excuse to wear those sunglasses at night.
Now that brings back memories ... (the 2001 version, i might add.)

Shade7510
Quote:

Progress?
Maybe. I'll still write (or rather finish) my own program when i have more time.

Shade7510
Quote:
Totally unexpected, and greatly appreciated! A very big thank you to whomever this anonymous benefactor is! eek heart biggrin

Congrats and all but if I were you I'd be careful, no one gives away stuff like that without some kind of incentive, which means you'd better be ready for some happy endings. Oh wait, the gaia marketplace is inflated as s**t right now, my bad. [PREVIOUS STATEMENT RETRACTED]
Someone once send me a Faustos Bottle and i didn't get any proposals yet.

Everyday Cat

It was so bad that sunglasses didn't even help. Like even the dim blue light emitting from my alarm clock in a pitch-black room was unbearable.

But I've been taking my meds as prescribed and I'm mostly-better now save for a really ugly right eye. Iritis sucks. D:
I'm kind of amazed to see that C&T is still all the same people it used to be, even though I frequented here like 3-4 years ago. (I was known as Save_Image_As).
Sergei G Simonov
I'm kind of amazed to see that C&T is still all the same people it used to be, even though I frequented here like 3-4 years ago. (I was known as Save_Image_As).

I know, right? You'd think that everyone would have abandoned this site for busier places, but there's still life here.
Shotgun Kirby
Sergei G Simonov

I know, right? You'd think that everyone would have abandoned this site for busier places, but there's still life here.

Yeah, I see Rydian had someposts on gbatemp, butdon't knowif hestill frequentshere .

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sergei G Simonov
Shotgun Kirby
Sergei G Simonov

Yeah, I see Rydian had someposts on gbatemp, butdon't knowif hestill frequentshere .

I'm afraid he left Gaia.
Well I'm upset. I previously set up an AWS account using the free usage tier to play around with it to learn how to use it. The group I was working with ended up using another group member's account so that should have been the end of it, right?

Nope. Just got a $56 bill. $56 bills are not nice, and if I understand correctly, much, much higher than a normal person's AWS bill. So I'm pretty upset and contacted AWS billing. Which, sadly, is not a live chat like normal Amazon services.

Edit: According to my bill I used 745 hours of, well, everything. wat. So basically a webpage that says something along the lines of "hi, I'm broken!" is being utilized 24/7.

Everyday Cat

Sergei G Simonov
No, he quit here, and there too.
Scriptkitten
Sergei G Simonov

That's a shame he was humorous. I see you're also still here

Everyday Cat

Sergei G Simonov
Scriptkitten
Sergei G Simonov

That's a shame he was humorous. I see you're also still here
Only sort of. The intent was to sell all my crap, buy tons of art, and quit, but the economy here is so bad now I'm having no luck. I'd have to sell everything I own to just afford one piece...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff