Welcome to Gaia! ::

PandoraXero
Saruwatari Kooji
PandoraXero
As for "Gaia's ad problem" ... I have not noticed such. But that may be on account of the fact that I have an adblocker.
The thing is, while you're browsing the forum...they're basically non-existent.
Well, that'd explain a couple things. I have two gaia tabs open on here: one for CTMain, one for CT:TT.

and uptime tells me I haven't turned off or rebooted this machine since I got here.
Ive had http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/91 (and 43 for the main one) memorized since probably 05. Although I think it used to require f.91 rather than just 91 after forum.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Can I get one or more people to link me a photo to sketch? I'm out of ideas.

Rules: must be sfw and fairly simplistic.

Side note: i'm typing on a friend of mines thinkpad and i love it.

Edit: at some point in time I will draw my avatar, but i think i'm going to do that next semester.

Everyday Cat

Shade7510
Can I get one or more people to link me a photo to sketch? I'm out of ideas.

Rules: must be sfw and fairly simplistic.

Side note: i'm typing on a friend of mines thinkpad and i love it.

Edit: at some point in time I will draw my avatar, but i think i'm going to do that next semester.
wanna draw my fursona?
ref sheet
*only half-seriously asking*

Unless you mean like irl photos in which case I don't have any, sorry ^^;

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Scriptkitten

ref sheet

eh, sure why not.

Scriptkitten

pffft, 2D > 3D

i can only imagine the horrors of me trying to draw irl.

Everyday Cat

Shade7510
Scriptkitten

ref sheet

eh, sure why not.

Scriptkitten

pffft, 2D > 3D

i can only imagine the horrors of me trying to draw irl.
Awesome, thank you biggrin

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Anyone remember that Phonebloks concept posted awhile back?

Apparently Motorola is working on a strikingly similar concept: Link

I'll be honest...my interest is piqued. I'm sure it will still be a very niche market, but I guess if they can pull it off it would be cool and fun to toy with.
Saruwatari Kooji

I'll be honest...my interest is piqued. I'm sure it will still be a very niche market, but I guess if they can pull it off it would be cool and fun to toy with.

Well, my breakfast cereal is now on the wall.

I'm curious as to why they didn't release this information sooner, when everyone was still posting about phonebloks. Also, how in the world will they make this phone compete with others in performance?

And it may be my fangirl side talking, but why am I not surprised that this is being tackled by a Google company?
Because Apple hates anything involving the word modular, Nokia can't innovate anymore now that they're controlled by Microsoft, Jolla hasn't even gotten their flagship phone out, and everyone else is running Google's s**t. Logic dictates whatever phone that gets the first jump on it will be made by a company that uses Google's software.
I'm concerned that you mentioned an obscure company instead of Samsung. Which, yes, Samsung isn't very likely to join in the market either (the only time I've heard of Samsung being associated with anything modular are the rumors of the modular tablet), but they're also worth mentioning considering that they're at the top of the market and are being seen as Apple's rivals.

But that also might be my fangirl side talking ( heart my chromebook and note 2).

It'll be interesting to see how Ara changes the market, assuming they can mix possibility and practicability to make it a reality and it reaches more than a tiny niche market. I'm constantly asked to upgrade the RAM in iPhones, so I'm not so sure that this phone would just appeal to the tiny niche market I hear mentioned in relation to this phone (assuming these customers are smart enough to figure it out). Though I'm still not on the side of the believers that they can do this, because I don't think this could crawl that far out of the shadow of new products like Google Glass and the SmartWatches being developed.

Benevolent Borg

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
Awesome, thank you biggrin

of course, always glad to be of service.

i could probably take 1 more drawing offer in case anyone else would like to make an offer.

Quote:

i saw that this morning. now waiting for Lego phones

Side note: now that i've managed to get the desktop back, i need to try to root my phone as i've yet to do that.
MyNameIsKir
I'm concerned that you mentioned an obscure company instead of Samsung.

You asked why you are not surprised that the modular phone is being developed by a "google company". I brought up the fact that the companies that do not use Google's OS (Apple, with iOS; Nokia, with Windows Mobile; and Jolla, with Sailfish OS), would all be highly unlikely to develop that technology. Samsung, being a company that uses Android, would fit into the "everyone else" category.
Nokia

Considering this, you can see why I wouldn't make the connection.
Little kids running around outside. Only a matter of time till they start annoying us. Oops, too late. Why the ******** did the media establishing this holiday here ...
(That was a rhetorical question. Just in case.)

Edit: I ******** hate Halloween. They can dress up all they like, but who came up with the idea of moving from house to house and asking for sweets? (Please don't quote the Simpson's here.)
the sperg is strong here...
Pipebracket
the sperg is strong here...
What is "sperg"? Also, did you change your name? I remember a different name for that face avatar.
Edit: never mind, urbandictionary could answer this one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff