Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
U-235
Sonic Offline
U-235
I want to bake a ginormous Hob Nob. The heart attack will be well worth it. heart
a what?

Delicious oat cookie thing from the UK. You can get them at World Market here in the 'States. One cookie (and they aren't particularly big) is something like 7% of your daily fat allowance. 90Cal per cookie. So unhealthy. So obviously, it's delicious.

Haven't had lunch yet... now, I want one! gonk

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
:c

Someone broke into my friend's apartment and stole his laptop and portable harddrive. We think it's the druggie down the way a little bit because he was arrested previously for breaking into cars in the parking lot. That theory is solidified by they only took the mobile s**t, not the expensive s**t. A whole sound system that's not plugged into anything was left, as well as a desktop and a larger HD TV said friend was borrowing from another friend.
@Sonic, Hope they catch him.

An its that time of year I have 8 weeks for a project which is worth roughly half my grade. Any ideas on what I can do with Python?
Disconsented

An its that time of year I have 8 weeks for a project which is worth roughly half my grade. Any ideas on what I can do with Python?
Write a virtual operating system.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sonic Offline

Any chance he's got Prey?

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Ashimakase
Sonic Offline

Any chance he's got Prey?
He will on the new one his dad buys him. I'm making sure of it.
The20
Disconsented

Write a virtual operating system.

I don't know nearly enough to be able to do that.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Boo yeah. Dvorak on JellyBean.
Sonic Offline
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You would

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Razgrizmerc
Sonic Offline
http://f.cl.ly/items/1B30423N2M0V0B1G2u2I/Screenshot_2012-07-25-01-12-41.png

You would
You should come over and molest it sometime.
nouveau sereph
So, Google has bought Sparrow, and the Sparrow developers have basically said "We're done here guys, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted! Oh, and all the features we promised in the future as recently as last month are cancelled." This after running multiple sales, one just last week, to entice new users - hell, as recently as Thursday, I was excited about and still recommending the app to others.

I don't know why cause I know this happens regularly in Silicon Valley, and I'm not sure who I'm angry with about this (Google, for poaching talented developers? Sparrow, for bailing on its users? Me, for becoming too reliant on one app?), but the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I just hate seeing great apps end so unceremoniously.
When company A buys company B, company B is no longer autonomous and does not get to make their own decisions anymore in most cases. Their dev team is being moved into the gmail team and google has no want or need to keep sparrow going. The sales were likely done by the old owners to get a better cash out for themselves.

Shameless Enabler

29582351c3
nouveau sereph
So, Google has bought Sparrow, and the Sparrow developers have basically said "We're done here guys, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted! Oh, and all the features we promised in the future as recently as last month are cancelled." This after running multiple sales, one just last week, to entice new users - hell, as recently as Thursday, I was excited about and still recommending the app to others.

I don't know why cause I know this happens regularly in Silicon Valley, and I'm not sure who I'm angry with about this (Google, for poaching talented developers? Sparrow, for bailing on its users? Me, for becoming too reliant on one app?), but the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I just hate seeing great apps end so unceremoniously.
When company A buys company B, company B is no longer autonomous and does not get to make their own decisions anymore in most cases. Their dev team is being moved into the gmail team and google has no want or need to keep sparrow going. The sales were likely done by the old owners to get a better cash out for themselves.
Thanks, Captain Obvious.
You know, deep down inside, I wish that there was a "lost episode" of "The Joy of Painting" where Bob Ross paints really depressing things in Russia. heart
nouveau sereph
29582351c3
nouveau sereph

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Then why did you say it?

Shameless Enabler

29582351c3
nouveau sereph
29582351c3
nouveau sereph

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Then why did you say it?
Because I know the facts, but I didn't expect an emotional reaction to the news? I thought dudes in here who'd had a similar piece of well loved software suddenly EOLed might sympathise, or be able to explain why I got even remotely upset about it at all (we're all supposed to be robots, right?). Never mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff