Welcome to Gaia! ::

29582351c3
Bento the spazcat
********. I"m having to give $500 worth of refunds in the same week for two people...one bought a laptop from me and has hard drive issues despite the drive being fine when it left.

The other is...well, her complain is, and I quote, "I don't like chrome google and cloud panda", which prompted her to order a new computer and demand a full refund for this instead of ask a question.
Don't refund them. Fix the first one ASAP and tell the other one to ******** off.
I"m going to give the first guy a 250g loaner drive, and RMA the seagate momentus he's using. he says he wants to put another drive he has in it and see if it boots and if it bluescreens he wants a full refund for the entire pc......I reeeealy don't want to explain HAL to this guy and how that rarely ever works.

The second one, she's already bought a new computer despite both of the issues being software and not hardware. I would try to explain this to her but I don't know how far that would get since simple concepts like program names trip her up. So the best thing I can do is put the same programs on the new computer when it comes, and hope she gets the clue that when you buy a 75$ pc, you pretty much get a 75$ pc.

Linkpwn:
SAY, WHO WANTS TO PLAY VIRUS RUSSIAN ROULETTE?
(it's just a screenshot)

Also, SeaTac's tribute to MCA.
http://i.imgur.com/OIRe2.jpg
Bento the spazcat
29582351c3
Bento the spazcat
********. I"m having to give $500 worth of refunds in the same week for two people...one bought a laptop from me and has hard drive issues despite the drive being fine when it left.

The other is...well, her complain is, and I quote, "I don't like chrome google and cloud panda", which prompted her to order a new computer and demand a full refund for this instead of ask a question.
Don't refund them. Fix the first one ASAP and tell the other one to ******** off.
I"m going to give the first guy a 250g loaner drive, and RMA the seagate momentus he's using. he says he wants to put another drive he has in it and see if it boots and if it bluescreens he wants a full refund for the entire pc......I reeeealy don't want to explain HAL to this guy and how that rarely ever works.

The second one, she's already bought a new computer despite both of the issues being software and not hardware. I would try to explain this to her but I don't know how far that would get since simple concepts like program names trip her up. So the best thing I can do is put the same programs on the new computer when it comes, and hope she gets the clue that when you buy a 75$ pc, you pretty much get a 75$ pc.

Linkpwn:
(it's just a screenshot)

You didn't take credit/debit for these things did you?
29582351c3
Bento the spazcat
29582351c3
Bento the spazcat

Linkpwn:
(it's just a screenshot)

Cash. The guy said we'll just swap drives so that's the big one. The lady hasn't called me back so that may be a dodged bullet.
Bento the spazcat
29582351c3
Bento the spazcat
29582351c3
Bento the spazcat

Linkpwn:
(it's just a screenshot)

Cash. The guy said we'll just swap drives so that's the big one. The lady hasn't called me back so that may be a dodged bullet.
In her case I would tell her you sold her a working computer, as-is.

In the guys case, it is good you got cash. I got a weird feeling he was going to do a chargeback and keep the computer or something.
I not only sold her a working computer but also took the drive out of her old computer, put it into the working computer, transferred her data, migrated her favorites, and performed a full scan of the system for viruses. At a discount.

But she's my neighbor...
Bento the spazcat
I not only sold her a working computer but also took the drive out of her old computer, put it into the working computer, transferred her data, migrated her favorites, and performed a full scan of the system for viruses. At a discount.

But she's my neighbor...
Yeah, and neighbors can be dicks too. Tell her the charge was the work done not the computer and that you will be more than happy to take the computer back but you unfortunately can not give refunds for labor. I bet that will stun her. Ha ha.

Shameless Enabler

Bento the spazcat

But she's my neighbor...
Nice guys finish last, dude.
And assholes never get customers.
Unless they work for corps, then they get raises.

Shameless Enabler

Bento the spazcat
There IS a middle ground, you know. You can be a great tech with a good rep but still not get walked all over by your customers. You're a ******** business, not a doormat.
nouveau sereph
Bento the spazcat
There IS a middle ground, you know. You can be a great tech with a good rep but still not get walked all over by your customers. You're a ******** business, not a doormat.

Yeah, but I'm a business that's getting no business. If I don't bend over backwards for them, I get no business. I already get denied enough if I'm not in such-and-such city or because I don't have a storefront. I already went from two a day to one a week....
Bento the spazcat
nouveau sereph
Bento the spazcat

Yeah, but I'm a business that's getting no business. If I don't bend over backwards for them, I get no business. I already get denied enough if I'm not in such-and-such city or because I don't have a storefront. I already went from two a day to one a week....
Seems you have a problem of insufficient advertising. I bet if you had 1 or 2 runs of a 30 second commercial on a local station you would be swamped.

EDIT: Relying purely on word of mouth is a b***h. There will always be people you can not satisfy and they will always tell people how much you suck whether or not it is deserved.
I have phonebook ads, but I'm behind on the bills for that by about six grand and I'm canceling them because FUUUCK

I had a radio ad, but three thirty second spots cost me about twelve hundred.
Bento the spazcat
I have phonebook ads, but I'm behind on the bills for that by about six grand and I'm canceling them because FUUUCK

I had a radio ad, but three thirty second spots cost me about twelve hundred.
Uhh, pay for a LLC, transfer your debt to it then immediately declare chapter 7? You would probably have to see a lawyer to make it legal however.
That'd be a bit of a d**k thing to do but I may have to.
Bento the spazcat
That'd be a bit of a d**k thing to do but I may have to.
If there was one thing I learned in my time is to never try to run a business as a sole proprietor. Because, ******** that s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff