Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Well, newest episode basically confirmed that MM is a White Martian.

Dangerous Visionary

[Ren The Ryoko]

I thought of this thread when that happen and I laughed hard. My cousin gave me the WTF face but I just rolled it with. Next episode is a girl theme one. Can't wait. heart

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Miss-dark8607
[Ren The Ryoko]

I thought of this thread when that happen and I laughed hard. My cousin gave me the WTF face but I just rolled it with. Next episode is a girl theme one. Can't wait. heart

Same here. I laughed pretty hard.

And can I just say: OMG POOR d**k. He doesn't ant to be THE BATMAN. (It's ok, d**k. You grow up to be Nightwing.)

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Joksta
Jackie-senpai
Joksta
Jackie-senpai
Joksta
Wally would most certainly be the Flash and Bart would be Kid Flash. It wouldn't work if Wally was Kid Flash with Tim as Robin, Bart was in the original YJ with Tim and Connor. Obviously they're not going by the comic and have no problem using Wally now, plus Wally was the Flash in the Justice League cartoon, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

My hopes to make the show better aside, it still has some good storytelling and great animation for a kids show. I plan to get into animation myself and make my own cartoon shows. Maybe i might work with DC one day and make a Titans cartoon with Nightwing as the leader.
Eh, I don't even care if it wouldn't make sense at this point. The Flash isn't in Young Justice enough for him to be enough of a Wally West fix for me.
Bart has the same cocky personality, you wouldn't have even told the difference. Both comedic relief for the team.

I don't think you're really getting my point here.
I get that you like Wally, but character personality wise will be the same.

That was only half of my point. The other half was that I'm not even sure that he still exists in the current DCU, so this cartoon is pretty much the only way to enjoy new matierial with the character currently.
Conlan Nalnoc
Does anyone have any theories on who the mole is on the team? I believe that it will end up being Superboy's pet sphere. They got the sphere from the Light and it follows them around whenever they are not on a mission designed to stop the Light. Artemis (relative is an assassin), Superboy (created as a weapon), and Miss Martian (white Martian) would all be good red herrings. Alternatively they could use a combination of brainwashed Robin, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow. This would force the old team to fight the new team.

going with either super boy or miss martian.

Dangerous Visionary

[Ren The Ryoko]
Miss-dark8607
[Ren The Ryoko]

Same here. I laughed pretty hard.

And can I just say: OMG POOR d**k. He doesn't ant to be THE BATMAN. (It's ok, d**k. You grow up to be Nightwing.)

LOL true and a pretty good Batman in his own right. Oh my I'm laughing again. rofl
Jackie-senpai
Joksta
Jackie-senpai
Joksta
Jackie-senpai
Joksta
Wally would most certainly be the Flash and Bart would be Kid Flash. It wouldn't work if Wally was Kid Flash with Tim as Robin, Bart was in the original YJ with Tim and Connor. Obviously they're not going by the comic and have no problem using Wally now, plus Wally was the Flash in the Justice League cartoon, so it shouldn't have been a problem.

My hopes to make the show better aside, it still has some good storytelling and great animation for a kids show. I plan to get into animation myself and make my own cartoon shows. Maybe i might work with DC one day and make a Titans cartoon with Nightwing as the leader.
Eh, I don't even care if it wouldn't make sense at this point. The Flash isn't in Young Justice enough for him to be enough of a Wally West fix for me.
Bart has the same cocky personality, you wouldn't have even told the difference. Both comedic relief for the team.

I don't think you're really getting my point here.
I get that you like Wally, but character personality wise will be the same.

That was only half of my point. The other half was that I'm not even sure that he still exists in the current DCU, so this cartoon is pretty much the only way to enjoy new matierial with the character currently.
He does exist in the current comics and Bart was even introduced before the other Flash's in Smallville. Besides, these are cartoons and they could've easily just changed the names of the characters to make Flash Wally and Kid Flash Bart. Honestly, it wouldn't make a difference and it should've been no problem for them using newer heroes since they did use Miss Martian and the new Aqualad.

Diligent Student

User Image
I'm reading original comic book of Young Justice. So I spotted Hanson Bites remind me of "Hanson - Another One Bites the Dust."

Versatile Nerd

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I like the fact that they have finally added the Supercycle even even if they gave it to Superboy instead of having attached to Tim Drake (yes I know it this show he is Richard Grayson).

Dangerous Visionary

It's kind of sad how the Series finale of Batman Brave and the Bold pretty much overshadowed the latest YJ. Thanks to the silly holidays its nothing but movies. I guess it's a good thing as I can focus again on YJ and gear up for the DC Nation I suppose. Also LOL@ a Halloween theme episode in the middle of November. Way to drop the ball people.
Cartoon Network has been messing up lately. They actually replaced Ben 10 with a show about lego's on Friday nights?? Why seperate Ben 10 and Generator Rex, they're the main reasons I watch? As for Young Justice and Thundercats, they needed a better plan as far as them releasing the episodes. They've been having too many breaks in between since both of them aired and it's getting annoying trying to guess when they will appear.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Joksta
He does exist in the current comics and Bart was even introduced before the other Flash's in Smallville. Besides, these are cartoons and they could've easily just changed the names of the characters to make Flash Wally and Kid Flash Bart. Honestly, it wouldn't make a difference and it should've been no problem for them using newer heroes since they did use Miss Martian and the new Aqualad.

Actually it's a bit more complicated than that. You see according to Greg this is supposed to be a "young DC Universe"; Superman's been around for 10 years, d**k's been Robin for 4 and so on, since the newest era of superheroes the legacies is just starting the sidekicks would be the first ones: Wally, d**k and Roy. Now I guess he could've gone the way of JLU and eliminate Barry in favor of Wally, but my guess is that he wants to use as many characters he can (he's using Red Torpedo and Firebrand, obscure Golden Age heroes!). Also I don't think you can just swap Bart and Wally, Greg is very careful with the details (his Gargoyles timeline is over 300 pages long!) both the Timeline and the personalities of the characters are designed to work one way and you can't just shift them around.
Next: Kaldur was created for this show, his appearance in comics is because Geoff Johns is the creative officer and he liked the character enough to include him in the comics; Wonder Girl wasn't available at the time the show was being produced, so they had to use other teen female heroes (by now you've probably seen Secret in the show). As to why Conner, and M'gann are doing there Greg won't answer until the Season is over (I'm guessing they are too close to their adult counterparts to make a good argument)
Maki_P
Joksta

Actually it's a bit more complicated than that. You see according to Greg this is supposed to be a "young DC Universe"; Superman's been around for 10 years, d**k's been Robin for 4 and so on, since the newest era of superheroes the legacies is just starting the sidekicks would be the first ones: Wally, d**k and Roy. Now I guess he could've gone the way of JLU and eliminate Barry in favor of Wally, but my guess is that he wants to use as many characters he can (he's using Red Torpedo and Firebrand, obscure Golden Age heroes!). Also I don't think you can just swap Bart and Wally, Greg is very careful with the details (his Gargoyles timeline is over 300 pages long!) both the Timeline and the personalities of the characters are designed to work one way and you can't just shift them around.
Next: Kaldur was created for this show, his appearance in comics is because Geoff Johns is the creative officer and he liked the character enough to include him in the comics; Wonder Girl wasn't available at the time the show was being produced, so they had to use other teen female heroes (by now you've probably seen Secret in the show). As to why Conner, and M'gann are doing there Greg won't answer until the Season is over (I'm guessing they are too close to their adult counterparts to make a good argument)
I know what they were trying to do with the show, but it would've been better if they made Young Justice with the Young Justice characters. They said they were putting this in Earth-16 timeline, but they even messed that up, so the show is in its own entity not relating to the comics at all. I understood why Wonder Girl wasn't used (same issues with Teen Titans and they had to sneak her image on the show) and Miss Martian is a logical replacement, I also know that this black Aqualad was created for the show. Kinda defeats the purpose of a black Aqualad when you make him Atlantean with blonde hair, I prefer the comic design much better and my only beef is with the hair. My point is, there could've been some changes to the show to actually relate to the comics better, I think it would've been cooler if this had a more futuristic take with completely new teen heroes. Tim and Bart have made appearances on tv already, so it's not that big of a stretch for them to be used. I don't like the idea of Superboy being introduced with d**k so young, Tim and Conner are best friends.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Joksta
I know what they were trying to do with the show, but it would've been better if they made Young Justice with the Young Justice characters. They said they were putting this in Earth-16 timeline, but they even messed that up, so the show is in its own entity not relating to the comics at all. I understood why Wonder Girl wasn't used (same issues with Teen Titans and they had to sneak her image on the show) and Miss Martian is a logical replacement, I also know that this black Aqualad was created for the show. Kinda defeats the purpose of a black Aqualad when you make him Atlantean with blonde hair, I prefer the comic design much better and my only beef is with the hair. My point is, there could've been some changes to the show to actually relate to the comics better, I think it would've been cooler if this had a more futuristic take with completely new teen heroes. Tim and Bart have made appearances on tv already, so it's not that big of a stretch for them to be used. I don't like the idea of Superboy being introduced with d**k so young, Tim and Conner are best friends.

Okay, first off let's make something clear: Young Justice the cartoon is NOT and adaptation of Young Justice the comic, it's a show about teen heroes.
I'm not sure if Greg has said something about this, but I think they want to start at the beginning; introducing new heroes would need the world to have too much back story; which is not bad, but I don't think that's the purpose.
About the blonde black Aqualad: Actually you've got a point there. It would be cool if Black Aqualad had black hair; but blonde hair and light eyes on a black teenager give him an odd, alien look which I believe it's what they were going for. Kaldur is not a human, he's an Atlantean; they don't follow the rules of humanity (merpeople, octopeople, green people...); besides real black humans can have blonde hair (it's rare, but possible)
About Tim and Conner: Eh........ um....... okay I have no idea, I haven't read the comics, and you might be right; on the other hand no one complained when the DCAU gave Kyle Rayner Hal Jordan's origin (and turned Hal into a cameo), or had John Stewart being the founding GL of the Justice League, or had Wally West being the original Flash with Barry's job, or had Hawkgirl being a founding member of the Justice League. Actually I don't see why is this case different.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff