Welcome to Gaia! ::

Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Yup, even though he's clearly wearing Tim's costume... :/ but what can you do, right?
The fact I love the characters and is planning to go into animation makes me love the show, but right now I completely hate how they ruined the Young Justice comic. It seems more like they're trying to do a weird Teen Titans thing with the sidekicks first forming together because of their mentors, but adding Superboy and calling it Young Justice. I would rather they have made a Titan series with Nightwing as the leader and the same animation style, that would be great since they could've used Donna Troy instead of Wondergirl.

That, but in Bruce Timm's style, and in the same continuum as the rest of the "Canon" DCAU (Static Shock, JL, JLU, Batman TAS, Superman TAS)
Don't forget Batman Beyond and I miss that style, but the new one is so much cooler. I would rather it be in the same continuum though as far the story, sticking to the comics work best.

How could I forget Terry McGinnis? smile There was also one other show in the DCAU though, but it sucked and was a spinoff of Batman Beyond, with a new art style. And they changed everything about it, it was some Robot show. Anywho...

They won't stick to the comic storyline because they want to have the origins, so the kids will understand the "whole" picture. And as for why they aren't going for the Timmverse look... well, that's probably because he's so busy with these direct-to-dvd movie releases.
It was the Zeta Project and I don't count that show because it sucked and had no DC characters.

They could easily explain the origins through the story, I miss Tim Drake as Robin in the cartoons because they keep referencing his costume in other shows. I like all the of Bruce Timm's stuff, but I haven't seen his artstyle in movies since The Mystery of the Batwoman.

Right, right, Zeta project. Even though that show is somehow still DCAU canon... I still didn't want to watch it. Saw part of one episode and hated it. Oh man, imagine if they DID make Tim the Robin in the show, and they worked Jason into it like in Under the Red Hood..
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

That, but in Bruce Timm's style, and in the same continuum as the rest of the "Canon" DCAU (Static Shock, JL, JLU, Batman TAS, Superman TAS)
Don't forget Batman Beyond and I miss that style, but the new one is so much cooler. I would rather it be in the same continuum though as far the story, sticking to the comics work best.

How could I forget Terry McGinnis? smile There was also one other show in the DCAU though, but it sucked and was a spinoff of Batman Beyond, with a new art style. And they changed everything about it, it was some Robot show. Anywho...

They won't stick to the comic storyline because they want to have the origins, so the kids will understand the "whole" picture. And as for why they aren't going for the Timmverse look... well, that's probably because he's so busy with these direct-to-dvd movie releases.
It was the Zeta Project and I don't count that show because it sucked and had no DC characters.

They could easily explain the origins through the story, I miss Tim Drake as Robin in the cartoons because they keep referencing his costume in other shows. I like all the of Bruce Timm's stuff, but I haven't seen his artstyle in movies since The Mystery of the Batwoman.

Right, right, Zeta project. Even though that show is somehow still DCAU canon... I still didn't want to watch it. Saw part of one episode and hated it. Oh man, imagine if they DID make Tim the Robin in the show, and they worked Jason into it like in Under the Red Hood..
That would be good, it would make sense all around if they added older Titan characters and kinda pick up in the future of Teen Titans. d**k being younger than Conner and the new Aqualad just seem so out of place to me, but I guess this is more for the kids who know nothing about comics.
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Joksta
Green Lantern Hal Jordan

That would be good, it would make sense all around if they added older Titan characters and kinda pick up in the future of Teen Titans. d**k being younger than Conner and the new Aqualad just seem so out of place to me, but I guess this is more for the kids who know nothing about comics.

And have them look like this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lktjqs.jpg
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
And have them look like this:

******** no.
The reason it's Kid Flash and not Impulse is because it's Wally West.. not Bart. So yeah d**k and Wally.

The continuity is messed up, but then so was Teen Titans to be fair and the show was good for what it was. I suppose so long as this show is good none of us is going to care who's on the team in the long run.
Here's a first 5 minute preview of the show, any thoughts?

Not sure how I feel about Conner not already being around at the start of the series. Maybe it's because Superman doesn't have any Ice villains to fight? I would've preferred him to already be an established character, but I'm assuming it's because a lot of people don't know where he comes from, so they're going to give their own origin story to him to catch new people up.

I kind of get the feeling that they're going to use the "Superboy has an evil inside of him that he's afraid he can't control", which is fine as long as they don't overuse it throughout the series.

Aqualad doesn't seem too bad at all. Despite his hair, I think he'll grow on me.

Are we certain that the Robin is d**k Grayson and not Tim Drake? I only see Tim when I look at that Robin and it's supposed to be Tim that is friends with Conner.

I don't have much to say about Green Arrow's little sidekick there. What happened to the other Arrow person? Seems they're going to bring her in later.
iMethuselah
Not sure how I feel about Conner not already being around at the start of the series. Maybe it's because Superman doesn't have any Ice villains to fight? I would've preferred him to already be an established character, but I'm assuming it's because a lot of people don't know where he comes from, so they're going to give their own origin story to him to catch new people up.

I kind of get the feeling that they're going to use the "Superboy has an evil inside of him that he's afraid he can't control", which is fine as long as they don't overuse it throughout the series.

Aqualad doesn't seem too bad at all. Despite his hair, I think he'll grow on me.

Are we certain that the Robin is d**k Grayson and not Tim Drake? I only see Tim when I look at that Robin and it's supposed to be Tim that is friends with Conner.

I don't have much to say about Green Arrow's little sidekick there. What happened to the other Arrow person? Seems they're going to bring her in later.
I thought the same thing about Conner not being there as well and I like that they're using him as Young Justice's first mission. The only thing I'm confused about is the white glowing T-shirt like he was made with clothes on him. It appears that characters are going to change frequently throughout the show with the adding of the female characters as well and the fact that a member is supposed to die. I really don't want Superboy to die, but he does die in the comic and it's amazing they were able to use him with the copyrights issues. I guess Wondergirl's copyrights were more strict and yet she can still be in the comics because of it, the whole legal process is strange to me.

Aqualad looks like he'll grow on me too, but I'm always gonna hate his hair. I wonder if Garth will be in this show or if he's just non-existant in this universe.

Sadly it's true, the show is in the present but early in the DC comic years with Superman being known for just 4 years. This whole continuum is messed up since Robin is the youngest out of all these new characters and he's supposed to be older. The story and animation will make up for this strange team in the end. They pretty much butchered the actual Young Justice comic. I don't care what excuse they give for Kid Flash's shoulder pads, it's tacky.
Looks like they're trying to stick Roy in there? That would be rather interesting...I don't understand why producers feel the need to rearrange the timelines...in reality, d**k would never be close with Superboy at that stage, and Wally would never co-exist as Kid Flash with Tim...so either way, it's a hiccup in the roles....
DCU Batgirl
Looks like they're trying to stick Roy in there? That would be rather interesting...I don't understand why producers feel the need to rearrange the timelines...in reality, d**k would never be close with Superboy at that stage, and Wally would never co-exist as Kid Flash with Tim...so either way, it's a hiccup in the roles....

I guarantee they will make him act more like Tim though =/

As for there reasoning... money, people know who d**k Grayson and Wally West are, people don't know who Tim Drake and Bart Allen are however. Now from a business point of view "Why we'll just use the names people are familiar with so they don't get confused." While those of us that are comic fans will always be left with a 'What the Hell' feeling.

But there are more none comic readers out there that will watch the show, I personally don't think the names would have thrown that many people off. Heck it might have even gotten some of them to look stuff up and get interested in what happened to d**k and who Tim is. But I'm assuming there just going for name recognition here more than anything.
lolcontinuity.
Ghaleonx5z
DCU Batgirl

As for there reasoning... money, people know who d**k Grayson and Wally West are, people don't know who Tim Drake and Bart Allen are however. Now from a business point of view "Why we'll just use the names people are familiar with so they don't get confused." While those of us that are comic fans will always be left with a 'What the Hall' feeling.

But there are more none comic readers out there that will watch the show, I personally don't think the names would have thrown that many people off. Heck it might have even gotten some of them to look stuff up and get interested in what happened to d**k and who Tim is. But I'm assuming there just going for name recognition here more than anything.
You know, for those of us who watched the old Batman cartoons, we already found out who he was. Besides, with that new movie Under the Red Hood and the fact they've had a Teen Titans, it would make more sense if they made them in the future with Nightwing as d**k. Hell, kids have even seen Nightwing in both Teen Titans and The Batman cartoons. I do agree that it's all about the money and less about accuracy to the comic. They've just taken more liberties with the characters than I'm comfortable with, the age changes are crazy.
Joksta
Ghaleonx5z
DCU Batgirl

As for there reasoning... money, people know who d**k Grayson and Wally West are, people don't know who Tim Drake and Bart Allen are however. Now from a business point of view "Why we'll just use the names people are familiar with so they don't get confused." While those of us that are comic fans will always be left with a 'What the Hall' feeling.

You know, for those of us who watched the old Batman cartoons, we already found out who he was. Besides, with that new movie Under the Red Hood and the fact they've had a Teen Titans, it would make more sense if they made them in the future with Nightwing as d**k. Hell, kids have even seen Nightwing in both Teen Titans and The Batman cartoons. I do agree that it's all about the money and less about accuracy to the comic. They've just taken more liberties with the characters than I'm comfortable with, the age changes are crazy.

Oh no, I do agree the changes are beyond stupid in my opinion as well, and I'm more than certain people wouldn't care if it was Tim and Bart. It might even get some people to look up who they are if they don't already know and generate some interest.

However, you know the decisions come down to a bunch of older guys who themselves probably don't know who Tim and Bart are so by there logic think no one will... so gotta keep the old names to keep the money rolling.

*shrugs* I don't know, I'm annoyed myself. I'm sure the show will be good though, and that will lessen the annoyance. But I suppose we just have to wait till the end of the month to see ^^;
Greg Weisman is always animated gold.
Personally I think that its looks pretty well thought out, the Animation looks promising, and that the cast so far looks great. Im glad that this isnt in the same universe as the Justice League because I think that the Diniverse has officially ended and it would be cheap to ruin such a great ending to the it with another show. I also like the fact that its going to be a serious show, we dont have that many around based on comics nowadays.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff