Welcome to Gaia! ::

So are we looking at a time frame here...?

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Like it says in the first post, you all have till next Saturday, then I'll start awarding letters.
Yeah, this is about right.
Quote:
This low-rent anti-fashion statement cheapens the brand of Wonder Woman...
Frankly at this point, I think DC changed her costume JUST for the media attention, and once that dies down, they'll try for a second wave of attention by changing it back.
That would make the most sense for them I suppose. It's just a shame they couldn't do a good job of it.
But it's JIM LEE!!!11!! Everything he makez rulez!!!!!!1
Giabrenna
But it's JIM LEE!!!11!! Everything he makez rulez!!!!!!1
I've said it before and I will say it again.

His designs were very popular for a period of time, and still very popular amongst a certain set. In some ways they were indeed revolutionary, certainly they were a breath of new air into a set of stale lungs. He had his place and time, it was fun for a while, but it's time to let it go. Inexplicably, some people just can't seem to do that and he pops up in the weirdest places, always with the same zany tropes and bizarre choices. People try to paint a vernier of respectability, "it's ok in this particular situation!" but it's not true. It's just no longer relevant. Clinging to it just makes people shake their heads in bafflement.

Jim Lee is the zubaz of the comic industry.
I am reminded of the Huntress's Jim Lee outfit. We STILL can't shake that silly thing.

Street-level Vigilante in Gotham? Sure, let's just take away anything that'll protect the GUTS area and move it to the most important thing a woman wants to protect: her knees.
It's strikes me as strange that a woman who was shot multiple times in the abdomen would think to herself, "well clearly, since it's already happened to me my odds of getting shot there again are pretty much nil. No one ever gets wounded in the same place twice!" and would therefore completely forgo any form of abdominal body armor.
Who's up first?! biggrin
I have 6 letters from various months for the giving away. So come on, anyone who tried, let's see what you got.

6,850 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
Honestly I never really got into Wonder Woman or DC for that matter. I'm an avid Spider-man fan. Just look how many changes there have been for him and yet as long as the intentional story and background of the character are correct and possibly updated to fit the current times, the story continues. I think that the new look for Wonder Woman is very well done and I feel that it updates and brings Wonder Woman into the current time frame. So as long as her original story is intact and maybe re-written to fit a more modern group of advid comic book readers it will do well.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For the sake of leaving an opinion, I actually look forward to the new Wonder Woman outfit. I think she could actually command more respect wearing that considering she is more conservative rather than being well... dressed like a stripper. I could never really take her seriously because of her outfit. Granted it may have something to do with splattering the American flag across her body and while yes I realize there was a point to that, I've never been much a fan of turning a countries flag into an outfit. There is just something strange about doing that in my mind... maybe because in a way.. it's like actually cutting up the flag and that's just something you don't do.

Also, a more important reason for liking the direction change of Wonder Woman.. the new lead writer is J. Michael Strazyncsky and for those who do not know, he was the creative force behind Babylon 5 among many things and is quite possibly, one of the nicest and most enthusiastic people I've ever met in the business. You can tell he doesn't do the job for the money but for the fans and so I support him. ^_^
DarkReaper40k
I've never been much a fan of turning a countries flag into an outfit.

It CAN be chic, if done right...

User Image

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm sorry I've never heard someone refer to something as 'chic' what does that mean in this context?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff