Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Visionary

I'm starting to think there's no timeline at all. It's all else worlds and/or whatever people wish it to be. Or there's actually 52 different timelines. Nice job screwing things up Flash. stare
Now you're thinking with the Doctor Who part of your brain.

Dangerous Visionary

Celaeno
Now you're thinking with the Doctor Who part of your brain.

User Image

This pleases me. Now we just need ponies. emotion_awesome Everything is better with Ponies. Even Catwoman no 1.

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
So far,the only book Superman hasnt looked like a Douche in is Swamp Thing.

Hilarious Lunatic

Cissy-Chan

Speaking of...I heard that the original meeting involving nuBats and nuSupes involved Bats throwing a bunch at Supes. Then Supes noogies Bats and raps him on the skull while yelling "HELLO, MCFLY! I'M FROM KRYPTON! DUH!"

That was the plan until Robert Zemeckis sent a C&D letter....

ninja
Cissy-Chan
Admit it, you loved his reaction to the goat.

As for Starfire, well I'm kind of hoping she'll straighten out after a nice long heart to heart with the resident Cape Mother figure, who would that be at this point? Dinah? Rita?

Dangerous Visionary

Cissy-Chan

Why is goody two shoes Supes so darn popular? Its just so unnatural and unrealistic IMPO for that character. Dude lives in a world that might as well be made out of freaking paper. I'm sorry but if I was supes yeah I'll be kind of a jerk too. Also I think he was so bad in Superman no 1. Lois came off as the jerky one in that one and I love Action. Beating up douche bag business men and wife beaters will always win me over. 3nodding

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Miss-dark8607
Cissy-Chan

Why is goody two shoes Supes so darn popular? Its just so unnatural and unrealistic IMPO for that character. Dude lives in a world that might as well be made out of freaking paper. I'm sorry but if I was supes yeah I'll be kind of a jerk too. Also I think he was so bad in Superman no 1. Lois came off as the jerky one in that one and I love Action. Beating up douche bag business men and wife beaters will always win me over. 3nodding

Hard to believe that people would like someone who's nice and wants to help out?
Hartley Rathaway
Hard to believe that people would like someone who's nice and wants to help out?
If Dexter has taught me anything...
Ms. Selina Kyle
Hartley Rathaway
If Dexter has taught me anything...

...is it how blood splatters? smile I learned that from a lifetime of weak blood vessels in my nasal cavity and lower-than-average blood pressure. emo

I still don't think the Superman in Action is being a jerk, but I'm starting to think I might be even more left wing than I thought...
Also, I've always thought that Superman being an honest-to-God altruist with the power to crack a mountain in half with his head is precisely the thing that makes him interesting. People who say "Oh Superman's too powerful, he can just do anything" are actually saying "Yeah, I've never actually read a Superman comic, I just want you to think I'm an edgy iconoclast". It's like how people who claim Batman is more relatable than Superman because he's 'human' (like that's One Thing) are actually saying "I, personally, would rather be a billionaire sex-athlete in a scary hat than a nice man with a proper job". You're presented with the concept of a character that is both immensely powerful and a genuinely nice person who just wants to help, immediately you're given something to think about. And then, to quote Richard, you "throw imps and mermaids at it".

Anyone can write a book about a character like Superman doing whatever the hell they like for their own benefit. Which would be like those people who do that thing on videogames where you can't die and have all the weapons and stuff. What'd be the point?
Maiadorn
Also, I've always thought that Superman being an honest-to-God altruist with the power to crack a mountain in half with his head is precisely the thing that makes him interesting. People who say "Oh Superman's too powerful, he can just do anything" are actually saying "Yeah, I've never actually read a Superman comic, I just want you to think I'm an edgy iconoclast"

I think you're giving them too much credit, Maia. I think most people rag on Superman being too powerful because they like to troll Superman fans. Online at least.

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
All I'm saying is that I prefer a Superman who is optimisitc and polite to one who is militaristic and standoffish.

And I'm not counting Action Comics, that Superman is a whole other ball of wax.
Maiadorn

I still don't think the Superman in Action is being a jerk, but I'm starting to think I might be even more left wing than I thought...

I don't think it has anything to do with being left-wing, because I still think he's behaving kinda dickish. Superbro indeed.
Maiadorn
Also, I've always thought that Superman being an honest-to-God altruist with the power to crack a mountain in half with his head is precisely the thing that makes him interesting. People who say "Oh Superman's too powerful, he can just do anything" are actually saying "Yeah, I've never actually read a Superman comic, I just want you to think I'm an edgy iconoclast".
It amuses me to have been the exception to this apparent rule, having formed this mindset as I read a number of Superman stories. Wish I could remember the actual title I'd like to re-read it with fewer hormones drowning my brain. Something like "Superman Through the Ages: 40s-70s" or something similar, I dunno.

Also, I imagine most people's dislike of Superman is misdirected annoyance at his fans. I know mine largely was. You can only be told how ******** a given character is before it becomes immensely irritating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff