Young Justice 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
The Edge 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
The Dark 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Devoted Member

Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog
I am going to say the Batman Family, but mostly I have been reading Batman, Dark Knight, Detective Comics, and NightWing (I just cut out Dark Knight from my pull list for financial reasons). From what I have picked up I am loving it.

I have also picked up the Young Justice family but mostly been reading Teen Titans and Static Shock (Static got Ruined during the New 52 and I am glad it is canceled).

I hear that the Dark is good. haven't checked it out though.

I'd recommend Justice League Dark, I don't know much about the others in the Dark.
How is Detective Comics going? Try to be nice with your explanation...I don't like the term/name of ignorance being attached to my questions...Even though I don't know something, being mean isn't nice.

Did I say something wrong in my post above? if so I am sorry.

I am not going to get on your back if you haven't read Detective Comics.
I am enjoying Detective Comics, but at first I had to re-read it (1-4) because the first time I thought that there wasn't enough story there (I think I was reading too many comics at the time). I am mostly reading it because of what happened in the end of th first issue (what happened to the Joker, but that might be explained in other stuff that I am not reading). In my opinion of how Detective Comics is going, I would say that it is pretty great (if you love batman). It is a lot of fun and makes you want to get the next issue with the cliff hangers and what not. But yeah, there is a lot of story, lots of action, and is a lot of fun.

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
ScienceDog
Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog
I am going to say the Batman Family, but mostly I have been reading Batman, Dark Knight, Detective Comics, and NightWing (I just cut out Dark Knight from my pull list for financial reasons). From what I have picked up I am loving it.

I have also picked up the Young Justice family but mostly been reading Teen Titans and Static Shock (Static got Ruined during the New 52 and I am glad it is canceled).

I'd recommend Justice League Dark, I don't know much about the others in the Dark.
How is Detective Comics going? Try to be nice with your explanation...I don't like the term/name of ignorance being attached to my questions...Even though I don't know something, being mean isn't nice.

I am enjoying Detective Comics, but at first I had to re-read it (1-4) because the first time I thought that there wasn't enough story there (I think I was reading too many comics at the time). I am mostly reading it because of what happened in the end of th first issue (what happened to the Joker, but that might be explained in other stuff that I am not reading). In my opinion of how Detective Comics is going, I would say that it is pretty great (if you love batman). It is a lot of fun and makes you want to get the next issue with the cliff hangers and what not. But yeah, there is a lot of story, lots of action, and is a lot of fun.

No, no, it was not you...It was others.
I don't much care for Batman, but Detective Comics has a lure to it. So I might check it out.

Devoted Member

Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog
Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog

No, no, it was not you...It was others.
I don't much care for Batman, but Detective Comics has a lure to it. So I might check it out.

In Detective Comics, they have been doing some back up stories lately drawn by Szymon Kudranski, and if you have read the Penguin mini series or have checked out any of the recent spawn (or not), I recomend this guy (even if it is something to just look at once). his style is featured more on the dark and grotesque side of things with a realistic feel to it. And if that isn't your kind of thing then that is alright too.

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
ScienceDog

In Detective Comics, they have been doing some back up stories lately drawn by Szymon Kudranski, and if you have read the Penguin mini series or have checked out any of the recent spawn (or not), I recomend this guy (even if it is something to just look at once). his style is featured more on the dark and grotesque side of things with a realistic feel to it. And if that isn't your kind of thing then that is alright too.

I like the dark. The whole 80's period of Green Arrow, the JLD (those teeth....), etc. Are Spawn comics good?
Define 'back up stories.'
I personally don't care for JLD...and I tried really hard to like it. :[
I like the cast and the art, but I feel like Milligan really dropped the ball. The Enchantress arc dragged on forever with almost nothing happening, the characters weren't even in the same place for more than a few panels (which I can understand to begin with, but after five issues it's long overdue to have the team together), and I thought the conversations ranged from clumsily written to outright dumb. Most notably, I don't like how Milligan writes Deadman and I hated every scene he was in.
Still, I'm glad it's getting some support. If it lasts long enough to get a new writer, I'll jump back on.

On the other hand, Swamp Thing is GREAT. <333
Can't get enough of it.

Devoted Member

Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog

I like the dark. The whole 80's period of Green Arrow, the JLD (those teeth....), etc. Are Spawn comics good?

Sometimes Spawn is good, depends on the creative team. I grew up with spawn so I am not really going to walk away from it. right now with the current creative team of Todd McFarlane, Jon Goff and Szymon Kudranski is doing pretty good. not the best, but much better than a lot of issues have been. A good jumping on point is either at issue #185, or #201 (219 comes out tomorrow).

the back up stories are just an extra story in the comic, usually done by a different artist and writer than the main story of the book (sometimes done by the same artists and writers of the main story).

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
ScienceDog
Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog

Sometimes Spawn is good, depends on the creative team. I grew up with spawn so I am not really going to walk away from it. right now with the current creative team of Todd McFarlane, Jon Goff and Szymon Kudranski is doing pretty good. not the best, but much better than a lot of issues have been. A good jumping on point is either at issue #185, or #201 (219 comes out tomorrow).

the back up stories are just an extra story in the comic, usually done by a different artist and writer than the main story of the book (sometimes done by the same artists and writers of the main story).

I like the idea of the back up stories. Might check it just for those. Todd McFarlane sounds familiar, who is he?

Sparkly Fairy

Red Hood. Starfire, yo

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm going to have to go with the Bat-Family books, because at this point the only title I'm still reading from the re-launch is Batman, so hey.

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
StellaYuna
Red Hood. Starfire, yo

Also one of my favorites. Is Starfire a favorite? I don't know much about her before RHATO.

Sparkly Fairy

Caesar - A King -
StellaYuna
Red Hood. Starfire, yo

Also one of my favorites. Is Starfire a favorite? I don't know much about her before RHATO.

Starfire was pretty popular in the animated Teen Titans.

She's my favorite. heart

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
StellaYuna
Caesar - A King -
StellaYuna
Red Hood. Starfire, yo

She's my favorite. heart

She is kinda coming off as a whore in RHATO, was she as much of a whore in Teen Titans? I'm digging on her so far.
What else is she in, anything?

Dangerous Visionary

Well I was liking Action and I was sorry to drop it from my list. B&R, Batwoman, and WW I'm waiting for trades.

Sparkly Fairy

Caesar - A King -
StellaYuna
Caesar - A King -
StellaYuna
Red Hood. Starfire, yo

She's my favorite. heart

She is kinda coming off as a whore in RHATO, was she as much of a whore in Teen Titans? I'm digging on her so far.
What else is she in, anything?

Allow me to defend Starfire on her part. She's a grown up and can make her own decisions. She only got-with Roy Harper, what made her seem like a whore to you?

Starfire is also an alien, so she doesn't need to obey Human Earth rules or standards. Starfire appears in many major and minor DC animations and comics. Starfire, including basically all the female characters of DC display a sexual appeal. Why does Starfire have to be the target?

Don't judge someone by first impressions without actually knowing about them first. Anything else you would like to know?

Devoted Member

Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog
Caesar - A King -
ScienceDog

I like the idea of the back up stories. Might check it just for those. Todd McFarlane sounds familiar, who is he?

He is the main creator of Spawn, He worked on the Amazing Spider-man. Before he left Marvel to found image with the other artists (Jim Lee, Jim Valentino, Marc Silvestri, Erik Larsen, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and Chris Claremont) he wrote and drew for the title Spider-Man.

Maybe this will help explain things better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_McFarlane#Career

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces