Welcome to Gaia! ::

When did you figure out what the story's really about?

Part 1 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 4 ]
Part 2 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
Part 3 0.13888888888889 13.9% [ 5 ]
Part 4 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Part 5 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
2nd read through 0.027777777777778 2.8% [ 1 ]
3rd read through 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
>3rd read through 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I still don't know D: 0.47222222222222 47.2% [ 17 ]
Knew it before I even read the script 0.13888888888889 13.9% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Alright, new detail added about Sissy, lol. She is now one of those traditional chinese fan/ribbon/hat/whatever dancers. I always did admire them. 3nodding

Eloquent Explorer

X3 Can she not just have her feet flat on the bed?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Except I forgot to fix the feet/legs...
Sloooooow going:

Too tired to shade it right now. I'll do that later. And probably fix dad in that last panel. He isn't making me very happy. :/
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I never realized how hard it was to make even a short ten page comic. @.@ How did I ever do it when I was younger?
Emihaumut:

"Sissy"'s head is REALLY large in that first panel. Like, REALLY, weirdly large. Keffiyeh-wearing sidebang guy also has a kind-of large head, but it's not as noticeable as hers. Father-guy's hands are pretty flat and papery looking. Maybe some different shading would help a bit, but delineating the joints of fingers may help you indicate their volumetric forms better. Hope this helps. :3
Why has it taken me 3 weeks to make simple edits to two pages? Sigh. sweatdrop

Thanks for the suggestions Requiem. Hopefully I've addressed them. (Though, I'm still not too keen on the hand. I might rework it some more.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hrmm... I should probably be studying for my final instead of working on this. I already failed one today. Oh well, what's another? lol.
ninja
I wonder if anyone still follows this thread...
Emihaumut

I come in to look around when I see that new pages have been posted. So make of that what you will. D:
eclectic rhapsody
Emihaumut

I come in to look around when I see that new pages have been posted. So make of that what you will. D:

Lol, thanks for sticking around. 3nodding I'm finally halfway through, lol... @.@

Original Prophet

Should there be a spoiler warning here... Would anyone read this far without reading the actual script?

I don't understand why Bro keeps hitting DD to get him away from the room... Basically, even with everything else, I don't get why DD's physical abuse is necessary to the story? Did I miss something? I understood sissy and bro, and sissy and the neighbor... but...

Also, this line in the end... DD: My brother hurt me so that my sister couldn't. What is it supposed to mean? @_@
Ehhh, I don't care much for spoiler warnings. You're this far into the thread already, lol.

The thing is that it's not just Sissy and Bro, it's also Sissy and DD. (Assuming I'm assuming you're assuming correctly.) I only imply the Sissy and DD actually happening, but it does, and so Bro, in his attempt to protect his dear younger sibling, gets DD as far away as possible using any means possible.

Did that make sense at all?
Just wanted to post my favorite panel in the whole comic. I'm a sick sick person.

Eloquent Explorer

I'm afraid to say that with that nose and the way he's raising his hand... Your creepy neighbour guy looks kinda like a stereotypical Native American Indian saying "How". X3

Just sayin'.

You are very fond of those speech bubble stacks in your comic, and sometimes they're hard to follow and make it hard to figure out who's speaking. I mean, you've told me off in the past for trying to fit too much dialogue into one panel X3 It works for the scene with DD and his friend playing games because the bubbles are divided into two distinct columns and it starts off with "Hey DD..." so you know that the friend is saying the left-hand column DD is saying the right one, even though they're sitting the other way around. But for the page after, the speech bubbles are again closest to the character who's not saying them (Sissy's speech bubbles are positioned closer to Bro, and his are positioned closer to Sissy) and it makes it quite confusing. With the bubble "Mom and Dad working late?", the pointer thingy (I don't know what you call that little bit which points to the speaker) is lost because it's blocked by the speech bubbles above it, but you could easily move it to the other side so that it points more clearly at Bro. You could also move Bro's first speech bubble closer to him so that it's not floating right over Sissy's head. (I know you spent a lot of time on that vase of roses, but needs must...)

And to go back a couple more pages (because I haven't commented in a while), in the first panel where Mom is cuddling DD on the couch, she looks like a guy. Where is her hair in that panel? It doesn't look like she has long hair at all, but then it suddenly appears in the next panel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff