Welcome to Gaia! ::

Edithlegacy

all i want is praise? how? when? to whom did you get this idea from?

someone who tells me to do something so i can improve? so you would rather listen to anyone, anytime, when some random people tell you what to do? nope, sorry for not being a piece of wood, i have my own vision. art is about freedom, after all.

there are so many control freaks like you out there doing the same thing. that is why, you are just part of the bigger problem.

Why post a part that you clearly wanted to show off or else you would have started with the beginning.

Any one yes. Nothing says that I have to change what they say to, but I feel more then willing to listen. Art is about freedom. It is also about the freedom of people to bash and dislike it. Don't get angry at them for that.

Control freaks, hardly. This is just funny.
Edithlegacy
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

wait, what? what do you mean? how are they standing the same way again? you want me to draw a third leg or something? i don't get you.

They all have their legs spread apart doing a triangle. And don't bother denying it. Or telling me that I haven't seen the rest of it. In the end I am only gonna talk about what you show. Don't like then post the rest. If not. Save your breath.

so when you are in danger, you would still stand like a little girl making cute poses? LOL

get real. spread you legs is the proper reflex of human being before action.

and stop trolling, obvious you have no idea what you are talking about in the first place.

No that is an action for arrogance and pride. It means that the person is confident.

The people in your comic aren't using the pose you think they are. They are not bracing themselves. On hit and they will fall over. One leg should be behind the other.

Clearly you haven't studied enough, cuz that is basic martial arts. Fail for you.
Edithlegacy
well, that was rather arrogant of you. i think you really should see the whole thing before saying anything else.

i don't think the word "extremely" is appropriate here. and i don't think you can just say "not particularly well" to any artist, cause i don't deserve that rudeness.

Now you listen to me, and you listen carefully because I'm only going to say this once: I don't care what you think you "deserve". Got it?

You posted your comic pages on a critique forum, and, from the get go, have been throwing a tantrum every time someone says anything about them that is not a compliment. You're acting like a spoiled child and calling us names, making sweeping generalizations about us based on the fact that we're not Asians (as if being Asian somehow means that you don't need to learn how to draw properly) and generally being rude as ******** to anyone who says anything at all about your manga that you don't want to hear.

You need to grow up. You need to understand that you're a beginner artist and need to go back to the basics, and that you need to read about comic making, pacing, composition and a ton of other stuff to improve your comic, because right now it is not a good comic. If you can't deal with the truth then go show your drawings to your mother or your friends who will always shower you with compliments. No one is making you post here.

Quote:
also, just for you info, i did realism before getting into manga.

You don't even understand what I'm talking about. "Realism" isn't a thing that you do for a while and then stop. You didn't do anywhere near enough life drawing to claim that you've done realism at all, and either way, the thing about life drawing is that you're never done. You have to keep doing it for the rest of your life.

Quote:
i don't understand what makes you to say something like that

You don't understand what makes me post a critique on a critique forum?

Quote:
maybe you are having a bad day or maybe it is your period

Misogyny. How precious. Are you friends with AndrewAnimation, by any chance?

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

someone who tells me to do something so i can improve? so you would rather listen to anyone, anytime, when some random people tell you what to do? nope, sorry for not being a piece of wood, i have my own vision. art is about freedom, after all.

there are so many control freaks like you out there doing the same thing. that is why, you are just part of the bigger problem.

Why post a part that you clearly wanted to show off or else you would have started with the beginning.

Any one yes. Nothing says that I have to change what they say to, but I feel more then willing to listen. Art is about freedom. It is also about the freedom of people to bash and dislike it. Don't get angry at them for that.

lol because i was bored...so i just randomly pick a few pages from my harddrive and upload it here. i didn't even know the pages until i clicked "submit".

about the bashing part...well, i have to disagree. see, if you are a decent human being, you would not even bother to post anything here if you don't like it. if i see a art i dont like, i would just try another thread. bashing is an act of hate, and if you cannot learn to respect others, well, don't expect people to respect you when you grow up.

so it is funny for you to post here to for the purpose of trolling? well, like i said, karma has its way of getting around.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ninitan
Edithlegacy
well, that was rather arrogant of you. i think you really should see the whole thing before saying anything else.

i don't think the word "extremely" is appropriate here. and i don't think you can just say "not particularly well" to any artist, cause i don't deserve that rudeness.

Now you listen to me, and you listen carefully because I'm only going to say this once: I don't care what you think you "deserve". Got it?

You posted your comic pages on a critique forum, and, from the get go, have been throwing a tantrum every time someone says anything about them that is not a compliment. You're acting like a spoiled child and calling us names, making sweeping generalizations about us based on the fact that we're not Asians (as if being Asian somehow means that you don't need to learn how to draw properly) and generally being rude as ******** to anyone who says anything at all about your manga that you don't want to hear.

You need to grow up. You need to understand that you're a beginner artist and need to go back to the basics, and that you need to read about comic making, pacing, composition and a ton of other stuff to improve your comic, because right now it is not a good comic. If you can't deal with the truth then go show your drawings to your mother or your friends who will always shower you with compliments. No one is making you post here.

Quote:
also, just for you info, i did realism before getting into manga.

You don't even understand what I'm talking about. "Realism" isn't a thing that you do for a while and then stop. You didn't do anywhere near enough life drawing to claim that you've done realism at all, and either way, the thing about life drawing is that you're never done. You have to keep doing it for the rest of your life.

Quote:
i don't understand what makes you to say something like that

You don't understand what makes me post a critique on a critique forum?

Quote:
maybe you are having a bad day or maybe it is your period

Misogyny. How precious. Are you friends with AndrewAnimation, by any chance?

now you listen to me and you listen good.

stop describing yourself.
Edithlegacy
now you listen to me and you listen good.

stop describing yourself.

This reply doesn't even make sense. What?
Edithlegacy
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

lol because i was bored...so i just randomly pick a few pages from my harddrive and upload it here. i didn't even know the pages until i clicked "submit".

about the bashing part...well, i have to disagree. see, if you are a decent human being, you would not even bother to post anything here if you don't like it. if i see a art i dont like, i would just try another thread. bashing is an act of hate, and if you cannot learn to respect others, well, don't expect people to respect you when you grow up.

so it is funny for you to post here to for the purpose of trolling? well, like i said, karma has its way of getting around.

I realize, but it also keeps people's egos in check. They need to hear the truth or else they all become special snow flakes. Life sucks and you need to realize that people are not going to always tell you how good you are. Cuz you are not above average.
Critiquing isn't bashing by any stretch of the imagination.

Tell me, do you draw because you want compliments?

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Edithlegacy
nightshade259
Edithlegacy

I realize, but it also keeps people's egos in check. They need to hear the truth or else they all become special snow flakes. Life sucks and you need to realize that people are not going to always tell you how good you are. Cuz you are not above average.

none of my posts shown or even hinted that i think i'm the best there is.

keeps people's egos in check!? are you kidding me? i bet you never have worked a real job, right? ego is what push you to the top when you are working for a big company. you need to be confident and to be able to stand your ground. of course you also need to learn from mistakes, but again that is off topic.

see this is the mindset i don't like, people assume you are just too young to know about what you have said, but the truth? i'm probably more experienced than you in terms of dealing with the world. you are still at that level of "oh don't suger coat it, oh they need the proper nutrients to grow stronger, oh they need to learn how to deal with frustration so i'm going to be harsh"

please, i'm wayyy above that.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
IronSpike
User Image

please respect the dead.

also, do yourself a fav, get a life.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ninitan

of course not. i draw because it is part of my life. why are we still on this elementary level of discussion?
Edithlegacy

none of my posts shown or even hinted that i think i'm the best there is.

keeps people's egos in check!? are you kidding me? i bet you never have worked a real job, right? ego is what push you to the top when you are working for a big company. you need to be confident and to be able to stand your ground. of course you also need to learn from mistakes, but again that is off topic.

see this is the mindset i don't like, people assume you are just too young to know about what you have said, but the truth? i'm probably more experienced than you in terms of dealing with the world. you are still at that level of "oh don't suger coat it, oh they need the proper nutrients to grow stronger, oh they need to learn how to deal with frustration so i'm going to be harsh"

please, i'm wayyy above that.

Never worked? I work my a** off. I pay for school, I swim at a collage level. I also am now having to pay to fix my tooth all be my self, which needs a root canal. So I bet I know at least as much as you. Ego may get you to the top, or it will get you fired for being a D***.

That is the stage that comes in adulthood. You want to tell people that they are amazing even when they are not. I am a realist. I know my art isn't gonna get me a job, so in a year I will be a teacher. You on the other hand go Boo hoo when some one says something you don't like.

Immature much?
Edithlegacy
ninitan

of course not. i draw because it is part of my life. why are we still on this elementary level of discussion?

Because you're saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything", that's why.
Oh my lord, this is precious. I would absolutely LOVE to see the OP try to show a portfolio to an editor -- you know, the sort of person you work with when you work in comics as a professional -- and hear these same excuses come pouring out as they try to tell you how to improve your craft. I would give you 20 seconds tops before they slam the portfolio shut and tell you to ******** off and stop wasting their time.

And FYI, when submitting work for critique, it's often impossible to present the entire story to give complete understanding of what's going on, so anything you show off should be able to stand on its own and at least make SOME sort of sense. Your pages don't, and the onus is not on us to give you a pass because you're too lazy/clueless to give any sort of sense of what you're trying to do. If you're just looking for a back pat, you're in the wrong forum.

Look, you're obviously really young. (Man, I hope you're young, for your sake.) You're really invested in this idea of being an artist and making cool comics like the manga you enjoy so much, so it's easy to confuse critique for personal attacks. The thing is, that's just not true. A criticism of how your characters are posed or how the comic reads is about THE COMIC, not you. So reacting to crit like someone just pushed you down in the playground is really counterproductive and immature.

Criticizing your racist and misogynistic comments is personal, however, since that's just appallingly rude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff