Welcome to Gaia! ::

interested? the plus signs represent stars.

definitely! +++++ 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 5 ]
yes ++++ 0.044444444444444 4.4% [ 2 ]
i guess +++ 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 6 ]
no ++ 0.15555555555556 15.6% [ 7 ]
definitely not... + 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

didthat didnt know? /fail
Manjyuu
lemme try to write a critique:
spelling is a necessary skill for presenting your ideas, most people focus on mistakes then the actual word, however, the writing itself could use a little help. I agree that its cliche; although thats not very unusual in a manga. It's a skill that could be improved. Also....this isnt a manga without an artist, currently its a story, I recommend putting in actions and scenery descriptions to make it easier to understand. Are you japanese? Japanese names actually have meanings so dont look names up online. IF YOUR AMERICAN SET IT IN AMERICA. Massachusetts ( i believe) was home to the salem witch trials (kinda hell related) I don't understand the story or plot, its unclear : (

ya i know. ive changed it and that is not the story anymore. i also know that manga needs art. i have one of the characters [Gale] drawn out, [side veiw] and i have an idea for the other two main characters. now it is based at a[n american] boarding school. not necisarilly in mass but ive lived in 3 different new england states, so i know them pretty well. and ive visited almost every new england state. thanx fer posting though.
lunar knight II
Manjyuu
lemme try to write a critique:
spelling is a necessary skill for presenting your ideas, most people focus on mistakes then the actual word, however, the writing itself could use a little help. I agree that its cliche; although thats not very unusual in a manga. It's a skill that could be improved. Also....this isnt a manga without an artist, currently its a story, I recommend putting in actions and scenery descriptions to make it easier to understand. Are you japanese? Japanese names actually have meanings so dont look names up online. IF YOUR AMERICAN SET IT IN AMERICA. Massachusetts ( i believe) was home to the salem witch trials (kinda hell related) I don't understand the story or plot, its unclear : (

ya i know. ive changed it and that is not the story anymore. i also know that manga needs art. i have one of the characters [Gale] drawn out, [side veiw] and i have an idea for the other two main characters. now it is based at a[n american] boarding school. not necisarilly in mass but ive lived in 3 different new england states, so i know them pretty well. and ive visited almost every new england state. thanx fer posting though.

Yay! I know critique is harsh, but now ur improving
also if ur arts good enough, no one cares about the story XD

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Manjyuu

FALSE

This is not even slightly true.
*sigh* well... im just going to not respond to ubernegative responses like that... heehee... uber... XD
Don't listen to people telling you to write manga right to left. They are idiots. Left to right, please.
Mighty Smurgleburf
Don't listen to people telling you to write manga right to left. They are idiots. Left to right, please.

i agree. but i am first going to go left to riight the first few times, then i ill try right to left [even though it is a japanese tradition.] and see how i do with that.
sinistersquid
Manjyuu

FALSE

hmmmmm???
I would read crap if I could constantly see beautiful work.

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Manjyuu
sinistersquid
Manjyuu

FALSE

hmmmmm???

Conversely, I don't care how pretty something is, if the story is a pile of crap I won't read it. I'm certainly not the only person who feels this way, either.

Tipsy Codger

lunar knight II
Mighty Smurgleburf

i agree. but i am first going to go left to riight the first few times, then i ill try right to left [even though it is a japanese tradition.] and see how i do with that.

Oh my god, no, do not do that. If you're planning on reversing the direction the pages are read IN THE COMIC... I just... that's a terrible idea. It will be confusing.

Think about the audience you want. Are they english speakers? I'm assuming yes, because you speak english. Make the pages flow the way people are used to them flowing, or you will hear nonstop complaining about it forever. Japanese manga only reads right to left because that's how their language is written and that's what they're used to.

It's not some magical tradition, it's just how they read.
sinistersquid
Manjyuu
sinistersquid
Manjyuu

FALSE

hmmmmm???

Conversely, I don't care how pretty something is, if the story is a pile of crap I won't read it. I'm certainly not the only person who feels this way, either.

conclusion = some people would and some people wont * . *
im just putting out ideas...
Manjyuu
Conclusion: some people are morons who don't understand that the medium of graphic novels deals with art and story and thus, one that is terrible in either department results in a comic that is mediocre at best.

If you want pretty art, go look at pinups. Better yet, go to a museum. I know from experience that Boston and New York City have art museums featuring paintings that contain more talent than about a thousand of your animu artists combined.
here we go again...
Mr McGrumpypants
Manjyuu
Conclusion: some people are morons who don't understand that the medium of graphic novels deals with art and story and thus, one that is terrible in either department results in a comic that is mediocre at best.

If you want pretty art, go look at pinups. Better yet, go to a museum. I know from experience that Boston and New York City have art museums featuring paintings that contain more talent than about a thousand of your animu artists combined.

Please, I agree that this forum is about critiques of art and comics, and therefore one can be harsh when addressing those, however when it comes to a person's opinions even if to you they are unusual and immature, one does not need to call them a moron especially when the topic of this thread is to critique another person's story.
However, I agree with your statements and feel dumb right now. Went to the met yesterday and enjoyed some samurai arts : )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff