Welcome to Gaia! ::

interested? the plus signs represent stars.

definitely! +++++ 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 5 ]
yes ++++ 0.044444444444444 4.4% [ 2 ]
i guess +++ 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 6 ]
no ++ 0.15555555555556 15.6% [ 7 ]
definitely not... + 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The script isn't good, at all. Sorry. Oh, and quit being a brat.
1. Horrible script. Cliched, over dramatic/melodramatic, and nonsensical. I'd say that you post more of the plot and explaining some stuff, as we can't actually see it and a vague script doesn't do much for us.

2. Horrible spelling and grammar. Even comics and manga need good spelling and grammar. Your stuff is barely readable, let alone understandable. Don't b***h at people for ONE spelling mistake in a great post while your posts are murder to a person's eyes.
BTW,
Quote:
Quash (v.): annul, supress

Mike S McC II's usage of the word was absolutely correct.

3. If you know enough about Japan and Japanese names and mythology, lovely. Now, it's apparent you don't, so stop what you're doing. You don't know meanings and such, and 'making' up a Japanese name is worse than googling "Japanese names". It's better if you set the story in Massachusetts if you know about it than on some far-off place you hardly know because you've been watching anime.
By the way, if it's an interesting story and it's executed well, I'll read something set in the "most boring place on Earth".

4. You've never read a manga? Oh geez, how are you going to do this? You're not good at making up storylines? Geez, how will you do this?! Go read one now. Even a crappy one will do. You can't make a manga without knowing anything about one. And please draw it right to left.

So, there's what I thought. Now, if you manage to re-work this into a coherent story that's got good art and good spelling + grammar and is pretty interesting, kudos to you. I might just check it out.
Or I might now. Doesn't really matter, does it?
wow... these people are depressing...
lunar knight II
wow... these people are depressing...

Depressing, or realistic? neutral
If you cannot learn to take critique, good or bad, harsh or fair, you will never be able to accomplish any sort of artistic achievement. Learning how to deal with people you don't like or don't agree with in a mature manner is one of the keys to success as an artist.

Making up excuses and acting like a spoiled immature brat will do nothing but attract more negative comments to you, which is exactly what is happening now.
i agree. and i will stop, but this is the last thing i will say. they started the conversation by saying stuff like, "this is crap and you have no talent and you should just ive up" and stuff like that. what they could have said was, "not great but keep practicing and you will get better" or just state the flaws, like, "its cliche or the characters are to dramatic" and stuff like that. also i could've just stopped at the begining, i know that now, but i don't think that im acting like a spoiled brat... at all... im just overdoing my "defense".
Count Chocolat
4. You've never read a manga? Oh geez, how are you going to do this? You're not good at making up storylines? Geez, how will you do this?! Go read one now. Even a crappy one will do. You can't make a manga without knowing anything about one. And please draw it right to left.

Oh, no, don't. Garbage in, garbage out. Where do you think all those shitty Naruto clones come from? Read something GOOD, not junk.

Count Chocolat
By the way, if it's an interesting story and it's executed well, I'll read something set in the "most boring place on Earth".

Ever read "Blankets"? Set in nowhere, Wisconsin. Beautiful story and lovely art. I need to pick up a copy sometime, I read a copy borrowed from a friend a few years back. (And it tells an autobiographical coming-of-age story of the author in his extremely Evangelical family. So OP, stop your whining. Read some good stuff and learn to tell a good story about anything.)
no libraries near me have any manga as far as i know. probably don't have any... thats how i have not read manga. i want to read the bleach manga or miki falls [the author/artist inspired me to do a manga] but no libraries in my area have them. and im not going to be able to get to a barnes and noble anytime soon...
Vicemage
Oh, no, don't. Garbage in, garbage out. Where do you think all those shitty Naruto clones come from? Read something GOOD, not junk.

I was hoping he'd get to see some manga and distinguish between the good and the bad. Like, see what makes the good good and work with it (not plagerizing or anything) and what makes the bad bad and to not do it.

lunar knight II
no libraries near me have any manga as far as i know. probably don't have any... thats how i have not read manga. i want to read the bleach manga or miki falls [the author/artist inspired me to do a manga] but no libraries in my area have them. and im not going to be able to get to a barnes and noble anytime soon...

My libraries have something similar to a "suggestion box", where you suggest titles that the library should buy. Maybe yours has something like that.

Bookstores: do you have a Borders? I prefer that over Barnes and Nobles. Bookstores are good places though. Bring a mat and sit down and read a little bit. I usually buy my manga, but...
There's also manga hosting sites. Google it, something should pop up. They're not great and I'd rather buy the manga, but they're there if you're broke or unable to wait for the next book in the series or the manga isn't licensed in the US. Bleach is up there. I don't know about Miki Falls, but unless you're into romance...
There's more than that too. Just browse. You'll be okay.
My libraries have Interlibrary Loan. They can get things from other libraries all around the country.

OP, you make a lot of excuses.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
There are many ways to get manga. Legally, even.

-Bookstore, online or offline. Both Borders Online and Amazon give free shipping if you buy over $25
-Library(you can suggest titles or request one can be sent over from a nearby one)
-Online bookswaps like swaptree
-Bookcrossing
-Some publishers even let you read online for free.
thanks fer teh help ppl. anyways, i do have a borders near me i think. though i am only 15 and have another year and a half till i drive and my parents are idiots so i can't get anywhere. no my library does not have a suggestion box or anything like that as far as my knoledge extends.
lemme try to write a critique:
spelling is a necessary skill for presenting your ideas, most people focus on mistakes then the actual word, however, the writing itself could use a little help. I agree that its cliche; although thats not very unusual in a manga. It's a skill that could be improved. Also....this isnt a manga without an artist, currently its a story, I recommend putting in actions and scenery descriptions to make it easier to understand. Are you japanese? Japanese names actually have meanings so dont look names up online. IF YOUR AMERICAN SET IT IN AMERICA. Massachusetts ( i believe) was home to the salem witch trials (kinda hell related) I don't understand the story or plot, its unclear : (
Manjyuu, you might want to take that link down ASAP. It's against the rules.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff