Total Votes:[ 420 ]

Aged Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Jesalyn1984
Hello all!

I'm just here to show off something I did today because I'm going on a bit of an internet diet....

what I did today

See you all later!

djghdsbagdsb cute! surprised

Precious Treasure

9,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
User Image

D I R T Y ❤ D I S H E S

Got a new post style C:
        Just wanted to show it off <3

6,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
ClearWillow
Kitten 4 Him
Guess what I just found out about ClearWillow? ^_^
User Image

gaia_star gaia_crown gaia_star

ninja Er, what did you find out about ClearWillow? sweatdrop I get the feeling I'm missing something, but what's new? LOL

BAM!

User Image

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sparkly Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

Ooooh! I remember that! xd Thank you! whee
Bad thing is I spent most of my winter break either cleaning around the house or working on my Zazzle store, so I haven't gotten around to going back over the story.

Aged Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DD, You have a new look to complement your post style as well.

And wow, congrats on that Willow! Do you know how many words you wrote in the end?

Romantic Seeker

6,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
ClearWillow
User Image

Ooooh! I remember that! xd Thank you! whee
Bad thing is I spent most of my winter break either cleaning around the house or working on my Zazzle store, so I haven't gotten around to going back over the story.

Congratulations on your award! ...er, pardon my ignorance, but how does one "win" NaNoWriMo? Are there categories? A test of speed? ^^;

And, DD... DJFOWEFDSGG SO CUTE OF A POSTING STYLE. @w@

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Hi all! I was tinkering around on my new laptop when I came across the Adobe Suite & apparently it has Photoshop Elements 9.? and Adobe Premiere Elements. What is the point of Premiere Elements as in, is it practical, or can something else take it's place? -and on Photoshop usually I just dive in feet first into something to learn it but the sheer depth of Photoshop 9 makes me want to do it justice. All the photography terminology is new for me too. Anyone have any pointers or a link to at least a bare-bones guide/tutorial?

Sparkly Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

@ Jessa: "Winning" at Nanowrimo is hitting 50,000 words, the approximate length of a novel. Through the month you can update your word count as you go, and by the 30th you submit your story for verification. They say it's easier for a person to aim to get their story within 50k, but mine has gaps from where I've skipped around, so it will be longer.

@ Bishie: After verifying to make it official, I hit 50,229 words. smile Not bad for the month before finals. lol

@ Amara: I've got a couple of the older Abobe discs in my room, but I've never gotten around to playing with them, so I know diddly about Photoshop. Have you tried the Art/Writing forum? Someone there might have a tutorial or know of one. Deviantart would be a good place if you were looking for a walkthrough on a particular effect, but there's always the chance there's something there too.

Pirate

13,800 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: KO 200
Wow that's amazing, congratulations!

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image
@ Willow - OMG Congrazzles hun! Also If your totally not busy can I be completly shameless and ask if you can do avatar art for me since I can literally find no one else who is willing *sobs*

Why gaia artists?!?! WHY Wont you draw furries! We need love too! crying
~Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed~User Image

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
ClearWillow
User Image

@ Amara: I've got a couple of the older Abobe discs in my room, but I've never gotten around to playing with them, so I know diddly about Photoshop. Have you tried the Art/Writing forum? Someone there might have a tutorial or know of one. Deviantart would be a good place if you were looking for a walkthrough on a particular effect, but there's always the chance there's something there too.

Thank you Clear! Congtraz on the win! What fandom (if any) was your entry? Can we readz it? ninja

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
Amara Tempest_Noir
Hi all! I was tinkering around on my new laptop when I came across the Adobe Suite & apparently it has Photoshop Elements 9.? and Adobe Premiere Elements. What is the point of Premiere Elements as in, is it practical, or can something else take it's place? -and on Photoshop usually I just dive in feet first into something to learn it but the sheer depth of Photoshop 9 makes me want to do it justice. All the photography terminology is new for me too. Anyone have any pointers or a link to at least a bare-bones guide/tutorial?

Photoshop
is a Raster/Bitmap, still-frame editing program (ie, Photo editor).
Premiere is a Raster/Bitmap, non-linear editing program (ie, Video editor).

Elements is a dumbed down version of any of the above.

Illustrator is a Vector, still-frame editing program (ie, Illustration program).
After Effects is a Raster and Vector, non-linear editor which handles keying and keyframes (ie, Motion Graphics editor).
InDesign is Vector, multi-page editor (ie, Page Layout program).
Audition is a non-linear Waveform editor (ie Audio/Sound editor).

So as you can see, all the editors in the Adobe Creative Suite are a combination of two main categories:
1) Raster, Vector, or Waveform
2) Still-Frame, Non-Linear, or Multi-Page

I can't direct you to any guides which won't cost you money. However, you can bounce any questions you have off me. Quoted in this thread, by comment, by PM, whatever you're comfortable with. I'm a former Adobe Certified Expert and Adobe Applications Instructor, though I have now retired from Visual Communications and now work as a professional Photographer.

If you're going to learn the program, just learn the main programs (ie, Photoshop or Premiere), and the Elements version should be the same except that you might learn some extras that the Elements version doesn't have. Although some people buy the Elements versions because they're cheaper or they think they're simpler to use, that's not the real intention of it. Elements was made to allow the Abobe software to be shipped cheaply with OEM hardware (ie, a camera can ship with Photoshop Elements and a video camera with Premiere Elements) without causing too much danger to the purchase value of the "unlimited" regular versions.

Sparkly Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ancantsia
User Image
@ Willow - OMG Congrazzles hun! Also If your totally not busy can I be completly shameless and ask if you can do avatar art for me since I can literally find no one else who is willing *sobs*

Why gaia artists?!?! WHY Wont you draw furries! We need love too! crying
User Image

Thanks! I've only got one person I'm doing commission work for right now, and while I wait for her to get back to me on the sketches and my instructors to get the next week's assignments up, I don't have a full plate just yet. smile It might take a little longer than I used to, but I'd gladly take it on, Ancantsia!

@ Amara: Thanks! It was a fanfic, and it's gonna sound silly, but it was an Avengers/Harry Potter crossover. redface I do plan to put it online, but I want to make sure I get all the errors and things fixed. I fear if I don't have it done when I start uploading it I might never finish it.

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image
@ Willow - Oh my gosh I love you so much! heart I haven't had any art in ages since it seems gaia artists are non-furry drawers crying

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Ned-san
Amara Tempest_Noir

Photoshop
is a Raster/Bitmap, still-frame editing program (ie, Photo editor).
Premiere is a Raster/Bitmap, non-linear editing program (ie, Video editor).

Elements is a dumbed down version of any of the above.

Illustrator is a Vector, still-frame editing program (ie, Illustration program).
After Effects is a Raster and Vector, non-linear editor which handles keying and keyframes (ie, Motion Graphics editor).
InDesign is Vector, multi-page editor (ie, Page Layout program).
Audition is a non-linear Waveform editor (ie Audio/Sound editor).

So as you can see, all the editors in the Adobe Creative Suite are a combination of two main categories:
1) Raster, Vector, or Waveform
2) Still-Frame, Non-Linear, or Multi-Page

*blinks* Wow! Ned you are a boss. I seriously wanna cyber-high five you. emotion_dowant So far I'm wondering about brushes and playing with layers atm. Thank you so much for the breakdown! emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff