Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like wow, thanks guys. You guys are really nice and like really make me feel more confedent in trying my best to go through with my goal of writing the fic. I just hope that my writing is considered cever enough to others. I'm not even sure if people even like my charrie in the rp she's in (well I know for sure a couple like her, but like there are a few people who really seem to like try to find any way to insult her in mean little ways like the girls at my school will try to like make fun of me. And I don't know why because it's like, I'm not saying anything mean about their charries or anything.)

Drake117's Significant Otter

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

27,125 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Hime-No-Yamii
Like wow, thanks guys. You guys are really nice and like really make me feel more confedent in trying my best to go through with my goal of writing the fic. I just hope that my writing is considered cever enough to others. I'm not even sure if people even like my charrie in the rp she's in (well I know for sure a couple like her, but like there are a few people who really seem to like try to find any way to insult her in mean little ways like the girls at my school will try to like make fun of me. And I don't know why because it's like, I'm not saying anything mean about their charries or anything.)
Role plays work a little on the different side. They're probably not directly insulting your character so much as they have a character that just doesn't like yours. It's important not to take an RP response as the direct opinion of that character's puppeteer. (I've had charries completely hate on the charries of my best friends before. It keeps things interesting as long as all parties understand that little unwritten law of role playing). There are still annoying punks who like to make people feel low, but they're relatively rare and will continue to flame in OoC threads and in other beyond-just-the-RP ways. If they start bashing on you, there's always the wonderful "report" button.

Anyway.... sweatdrop
Glad I could be of help. I'd love to see this fic once it gets underway. Depending on where it's posted, I might even drop you a review. (I happen to be on fanfic.net, also under the name Rasquathena) ^_^
Rasquathena
Hime-No-Yamii
Role plays work a little on the different side. They're probably not directly insulting your character so much as they have a character that just doesn't like yours. It's important not to take an RP response as the direct opinion of that character's puppeteer. (I've had charries completely hate on the charries of my best friends before. It keeps things interesting as long as all parties understand that little unwritten law of role playing). There are still annoying punks who like to make people feel low, but they're relatively rare and will continue to flame in OoC threads and in other beyond-just-the-RP ways. If they start bashing on you, there's always the wonderful "report" button.

Anyway.... sweatdrop
Glad I could be of help. I'd love to see this fic once it gets underway. Depending on where it's posted, I might even drop you a review. (I happen to be on fanfic.net, also under the name Rasquathena) ^_^

Yeah but it's like, they're not doing it int he rp, they're doing it on the ooc thread, and it sounded like a direct attack using his charrie to like save face and not seem mean because he did this:

Zangya: Don't mind the witch San. She's just a little messed up in the head. No tact or poise to her cruelties or intentions. At least I'll torture you right, not like some second-rate Harry Potter slash fic artist. *winks*

And like, other people were really rude and wouldn't be direct when I would like ask questions on how I could improve my charrie at first. They would be like, "stop arguing with us" when I was asking for help, and then when they said why she wasn't good it was for reasons that didn't make sense because they have charries with those qualities too. So it just makes me feel like they have personal issues with not liking me and like it's okay i f they don't like me but it just makes me feel like rping is not as fun as some people say. And it's like if they never liked me then why did they let me in the rp you know? But like, in other news, yeah I'll totes be posting the fanfic on fanfiction.net when I have enough up to post! I've just been like putting it off in favor or like getting to know my charrie Abazure so that when I do write the fic she doesn't change a million times during the story you know? Plus this whole Sue-testing thing kinda made me unsure if I should like try to change her or not but like, I don't wanna change her too much either.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

27,125 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hime-No-Yamii
Yeah but it's like, they're not doing it int he rp, they're doing it on the ooc thread, and it sounded like a direct attack using his charrie to like save face and not seem mean because he did this:

Zangya: Don't mind the witch San. She's just a little messed up in the head. No tact or poise to her cruelties or intentions. At least I'll torture you right, not like some second-rate Harry Potter slash fic artist. *winks*

And like, other people were really rude and wouldn't be direct when I would like ask questions on how I could improve my charrie at first. They would be like, "stop arguing with us" when I was asking for help, and then when they said why she wasn't good it was for reasons that didn't make sense because they have charries with those qualities too. So it just makes me feel like they have personal issues with not liking me and like it's okay i f they don't like me but it just makes me feel like rping is not as fun as some people say. And it's like if they never liked me then why did they let me in the rp you know? But like, in other news, yeah I'll totes be posting the fanfic on fanfiction.net when I have enough up to post! I've just been like putting it off in favor or like getting to know my charrie Abazure so that when I do write the fic she doesn't change a million times during the story you know? Plus this whole Sue-testing thing kinda made me unsure if I should like try to change her or not but like, I don't wanna change her too much either.
Ooh people like that make my teeth itch. If it's gotten to the point where they're regularly insulting you, they're no longer worth your good graces. When a group of role players stops making the RP fun, it's normally time to leave. Role playing really is fun (I'm in way too many of them already), it's just that certain people feel others are too new or not good enough and don't want to take the time to help others improve.

But I digress. To the tune of the fic, having your character change a little as the story progresses isn't quite a bad thing. Characters are kind of like children; they need to grow and change to be more believable, instead of never budging at all throughout the whole story. Getting to know your own character is a great tactic. Some small RPs where they can fit in or even simple page-long mini-stories involving them gives you quite a bit of insight to how they are and how they can grow. As for being unsure, write down a mini-profile Abazure as she is now, and another for anything you've changed. Play around with them a little and see what happens. You may find you like some things better one way.

Eh heh... I think that covers all of my rambling for this morning. ^_^
Rasquathena
Hime-No-Yamii

Ooh people like that make my teeth itch. If it's gotten to the point where they're regularly insulting you, they're no longer worth your good graces. When a group of role players stops making the RP fun, it's normally time to leave. Role playing really is fun (I'm in way too many of them already), it's just that certain people feel others are too new or not good enough and don't want to take the time to help others improve.

But I digress. To the tune of the fic, having your character change a little as the story progresses isn't quite a bad thing. Characters are kind of like children; they need to grow and change to be more believable, instead of never budging at all throughout the whole story. Getting to know your own character is a great tactic. Some small RPs where they can fit in or even simple page-long mini-stories involving them gives you quite a bit of insight to how they are and how they can grow. As for being unsure, write down a mini-profile Abazure as she is now, and another for anything you've changed. Play around with them a little and see what happens. You may find you like some things better one way.

Eh heh... I think that covers all of my rambling for this morning. ^_^

Thank you so much for taking so much time to help me out Rasquathena-sempai. LIke if it weren't for all your kind words recently while all this stuff is going on, like I would get really depressed. The guy appolegized but then like started lechturing me on being "too sensitive" like it's wrong to feel offended. And then he was like trying to make me look bad by saying I should have PMed him and like hide the issue. I personally don't like hiding how I feel. It's not healthy. But like with the fic-stuff like, that does make a lot of sense! Thankies so much again for all your advice, I really appreciate it.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

27,125 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hime-No-Yamii
Thank you so much for taking so much time to help me out Rasquathena-sempai. LIke if it weren't for all your kind words recently while all this stuff is going on, like I would get really depressed. The guy appolegized but then like started lechturing me on being "too sensitive" like it's wrong to feel offended. And then he was like trying to make me look bad by saying I should have PMed him and like hide the issue. I personally don't like hiding how I feel. It's not healthy. But like with the fic-stuff like, that does make a lot of sense! Thankies so much again for all your advice, I really appreciate it.

Most people don't like being called out when they've done something wrong. Lectures and the like are a common way to hide the fact that they didn't expect someone to stand up for themselves. Most of them run off of the idea of "It's the internet, everyone gets offended by something" (which is true, but only to a certain extent).

That aside, I'm always willing to help out a fellow writer (or potential writer) when I can. I've read about some of the little tricks I use, but others I had to learn through trial and error. But that's what makes it all so fun. 4laugh

I'm just glad I've made myself useful somehow. ^_^

Mega Tipper

10,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Hime-No-Yamii
Okay, like, um...I'm kinda hesistant to really post it up on FF.net until I feel like, I know what I wanna do with it but basically um, I wanna do this prequel fanfic to the Dragonball (before it became Z) show. One that revolves around what happened to Chi-Chi's mom. Her mom is like the main character and I want to build up her character a bit to make sure my fanfic is really really good. So like, one of my friends IRL told me to get on gaia and rp in DBZ threads, but a lot of them that I think my character could fit into are kinda hardcore with how active they are and I am kinda intimidated, even though I am a literat rper. I'm working on a profile for the charrie too so that helps. I just don't want people to think I'm a troll or be mean cuz I'm a bit noobish to the fanfiction and rp scene. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do, could do? Or maybe know any rps I would be wellcome to join? Feedback is appreciated thanks.

well here are some steps enjoy http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Fanfiction that should help you out it helped me a little
Rasquathena
Hime-No-Yamii

Most people don't like being called out when they've done something wrong. Lectures and the like are a common way to hide the fact that they didn't expect someone to stand up for themselves. Most of them run off of the idea of "It's the internet, everyone gets offended by something" (which is true, but only to a certain extent).

That aside, I'm always willing to help out a fellow writer (or potential writer) when I can. I've read about some of the little tricks I use, but others I had to learn through trial and error. But that's what makes it all so fun. 4laugh

I'm just glad I've made myself useful somehow. ^_^

OMG! And like, this one girl started taking all my words out of context to also make me look bad! What is their deal? They are like now saying I "hate them" and stuff and I don't! I'm not a hateful person! I wish they would like stop putting words into my mouth like that! Why are they being so mean? Like, one of my sempais said I should just quit but like I don't wanna just up and quit either because I worked so hard to get into the rp...Oh and like you are totally helpful and stuff! I can't like thank you and the others enough for all your patience and williness to help me out in this process. Like I said before it's like really helped me out since that Mary-sue test and like now these people being really prejudice against me.
Anime fan Rex
Hime-No-Yamii
Okay, like, um...I'm kinda hesistant to really post it up on FF.net until I feel like, I know what I wanna do with it but basically um, I wanna do this prequel fanfic to the Dragonball (before it became Z) show. One that revolves around what happened to Chi-Chi's mom. Her mom is like the main character and I want to build up her character a bit to make sure my fanfic is really really good. So like, one of my friends IRL told me to get on gaia and rp in DBZ threads, but a lot of them that I think my character could fit into are kinda hardcore with how active they are and I am kinda intimidated, even though I am a literat rper. I'm working on a profile for the charrie too so that helps. I just don't want people to think I'm a troll or be mean cuz I'm a bit noobish to the fanfiction and rp scene. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do, could do? Or maybe know any rps I would be wellcome to join? Feedback is appreciated thanks.

well here are some steps enjoy http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Fanfiction that should help you out it helped me a little

Thank you so much! ♥

Mega Tipper

10,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Hime-No-Yamii
Anime fan Rex
Hime-No-Yamii

Thank you so much! ♥

your welcome I would love to write a fan fic but I want to make it good but its not working for me hope you have better luck
Anime fan Rex
Hime-No-Yamii
Anime fan Rex
Hime-No-Yamii

Thank you so much! ♥

your welcome I would love to write a fan fic but I want to make it good but its not working for me hope you have better luck

Awww like I am sorry to hear that Rex-san! Thankies for the wishes of luck!

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

27,125 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hime-No-Yamii
OMG! And like, this one girl started taking all my words out of context to also make me look bad! What is their deal? They are like now saying I "hate them" and stuff and I don't! I'm not a hateful person! I wish they would like stop putting words into my mouth like that! Why are they being so mean? Like, one of my sempais said I should just quit but like I don't wanna just up and quit either because I worked so hard to get into the rp...Oh and like you are totally helpful and stuff! I can't like thank you and the others enough for all your patience and williness to help me out in this process. Like I said before it's like really helped me out since that Mary-sue test and like now these people being really prejudice against me.

Hm. If you're starting to feel less and less welcome in the RP, it may indeed be in the best interest to leave. I've fought tooth and nail to get into a role play before, found out the people in it were elitist a**-hats (do pardon my French there), and then had to leave to keep myself from pulling my hair out. It's tough leaving a character you've worked hard on, but a wall of cruel or insulting text on your computer whenever you're trying to have fun does take its toll after a while. There're plenty of RPs out there to test out characters - or if you want a specific type, you're always more than able to create your own should things not quite work out.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to seeing how things go. I'll keep lurking around the thread a little, chit-chatting here and there when you look like you might need some company. ^_^
Rasquathena
Hime-No-Yamii

Hm. If you're starting to feel less and less welcome in the RP, it may indeed be in the best interest to leave. I've fought tooth and nail to get into a role play before, found out the people in it were elitist a**-hats (do pardon my French there), and then had to leave to keep myself from pulling my hair out. It's tough leaving a character you've worked hard on, but a wall of cruel or insulting text on your computer whenever you're trying to have fun does take its toll after a while. There're plenty of RPs out there to test out characters - or if you want a specific type, you're always more than able to create your own should things not quite work out.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to seeing how things go. I'll keep lurking around the thread a little, chit-chatting here and there when you look like you might need some company. ^_^

Yeah like if the majority of these guys keeps on acting like they are better than everyone (one of them made a sexist comment too! like omg, wow, like someone has issues with guys!) then I might just go. One of my sempais invited me to join one she's on too recently, so I'm trying to get into the anime and mold the charrie I'm doing to fit into that series. I really wanted to like start working on the fanfic but ugh I had to work on a project for school and I also have to study for a test! Maybe this upcoming weekend I'll be able to like work on writing the fic finally!
Oh, and also, this "How to Write Fanfic" page by a really prominent Harry Potter fanfic writer is invaluable. I'd take a look.

Also, I don't know if I said this, but betas can be invaluable. I can beta, and I can advise on how to improve your writing. However, I would need to see it to do that.

Good luck with your fanfic! PM me here or on FF (the link's in the sig), and I'll look over it if you need me to smile
NiteShadowFox
Oh, and also, this "How to Write Fanfic" page by a really prominent Harry Potter fanfic writer is invaluable. I'd take a look.

Also, I don't know if I said this, but betas can be invaluable. I can beta, and I can advise on how to improve your writing. However, I would need to see it to do that.

Good luck with your fanfic! PM me here or on FF (the link's in the sig), and I'll look over it if you need me to smile

Aww but I don't want my charrie to be mistaken for some Harry Potter like charrie again...but I will look at it b/c I am a very open minded person! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! When I finish my first chappie I'll deff ask you for some hlep!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff