XDaydream_BelieverX
"But I NEEEED tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens sometimes..."

Oh GIR...you make me so happy mrgreen

I love GIR. So much. xd

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
Yes I've watched mutiple times when I was little with my older sister. WE loved that show as much as we loved Courage the Cowardly dog. Gotta love the weird stuff. razz
DedicatedLady
Yes I've watched mutiple times when I was little with my older sister. WE loved that show as much as we loved Courage the Cowardly dog. Gotta love the weird stuff. razz

Ah, the good ol' shows. mrgreen Did/do you have any other favorites as well, if I may ask?

Clean Businesswoman

8,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
  • Millionaire 200
ehh its a good oldie show
Bampot
I really loved Invader Zim when it first came out and I own the box set. My only complaint with the show was the lack of space episodes, but I know that was more of Nickelodeon's fault, as they really pushed the "skool" episodes. The fanbase is annoying though and remembering my Invader Zim phase makes me cringe. But it was still a good show. Had a lot of potential and was cut short in it's prime.

just a curious question, how was or is the fanbase annoying?

i'm from europe and the show wasn't even aired there when it was new. not sure if it ever aired but i had not seen it, only snippets on the internet which was also still relatively new then xD
i knew noone in my social environment who had even heard about the show.
i had heard about it through elfwood, an amateur artists site before DA was around, people kept comparing my characters to Vasquez's style which i didnt like to hear so much lol, though it might have been a compliment. but anyway those people were from all over the world and not annoying at all. it was also shortly before the term emo was coined - and turned out to become not quite what i thought it would be x.x
i later in life met the director of the show irl and he kept being active in a fan-forum even years after the show was canceled. to him the fans seemed pretty amazing? lol
Tell me about the average fanbase you know of biggrin i am really curious now.
or is it what i am thinking now that your stereotypical emo kid and invader zim sort of belong together? haha. well we don't even have that same sort of emo in europe as i think it is in america
, or i am just too old to really know xp

Demonic Lover

☠Jhonen Vasquez hates it.☠

Robotic Exhibitionist

ossophile
just a curious question, how was or is the fanbase annoying?

i'm from europe and the show wasn't even aired there when it was new. not sure if it ever aired but i had not seen it, only snippets on the internet which was also still relatively new then xD
i knew noone in my social environment who had even heard about the show.
i had heard about it through elfwood, an amateur artists site before DA was around, people kept comparing my characters to Vasquez's style which i didnt like to hear so much lol, though it might have been a compliment. but anyway those people were from all over the world and not annoying at all. it was also shortly before the term emo was coined - and turned out to become not quite what i thought it would be x.x
i later in life met the director of the show irl and he kept being active in a fan-forum even years after the show was canceled. to him the fans seemed pretty amazing? lol
Tell me about the average fanbase you know of biggrin i am really curious now.
or is it what i am thinking now that your stereotypical emo kid and invader zim sort of belong together? haha. well we don't even have that same sort of emo in europe as i think it is in america
, or i am just too old to really know xp

The "random" GIR-like humor that most of them adopt. Obviously doesn't sum up everyone in the fandom, but after seeing several Zim threads on here and the only conversation being "TACOS", you start to get tired. But maybe it's because I don't like GIR. He's my least favorite part of the show, but he seems to be the reason the majority love it.

Cannibal Girls
☠Jhonen Vasquez hates it.☠

Yeah, he posted on his blog that he's had several offers to bring it back, but he declined.

Friendly Cat

8,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I love It. I haven't watched it in forever though. It was so dark and oddly humored which made it great.

Anxious Lionheart

19,250 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
I just resintly re watched the hole series. Gir is the best!
User Image

I own all three seasons. Bought them alone in fifth grade on a field trip to Washington DC because everyone else was afraid of Hot Topic.
I had shoelaces, a belt buckle. Needless to say I loved it.

Bright Kitten

1,450 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
I was the perfect age to watch it when it first aired (I think I was 9 or 10), and I loved it. I can't say I'd go back and watch it now, but at the time, it was one of my favorite shows, and it has good memories for me. c:
Nice. I have the first and third seasons right now, and plan on getting the second soon.

That must have been one heck of a field trip, if they let you go to Hot Topic! biggrin I got a set of GIR themed earrings from there once. I have no idea where they ran off to...

obskyur
User Image

I own all three seasons. Bought them alone in fifth grade on a field trip to Washington DC because everyone else was afraid of Hot Topic.
I had shoelaces, a belt buckle. Needless to say I loved it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff