Have you seen "Invader Zim"?

Yep! Love it! 0.72619047619048 72.6% [ 244 ]
Regrettably, yes. 0.044642857142857 4.5% [ 15 ]
Yeah. It was okay. 0.13095238095238 13.1% [ 44 ]
No,but I want to! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 16 ]
Invader who? 0.050595238095238 5.1% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I am on the same page with not seeing until after it's cancellation. One of my friends got a hold of a copy of the seasons and we had a marathon one weekend with a couple others, and I have loved it ever since.

Oh my gosh. I remember that episode. XD
1Sunder
I've seen all of Invader Zim several times. I have to admit though back when it was new I never watched it. I actually saw it for the first time 3 years ago lol....And I was like well this is just pure epic sauce. xD It's brilliant. One of my favorite episodes would have to be the germs episode when Zim freaks out XD I remember when he goes into the restaurant and looks around and sees them eating their own germs I recall him backing away and saying "horror" XDDD

Alien Cosmonaut

Scath na hOiche
Agreed with the "OMGIR" thing. For some reason, I could not stand Ren & Stimpy when I was younger.
Ray Rukh
I really hate the ~random omg~ culture associated with it, but the show itself is hilarious. I remember liking it a lot back when I was 9 or 10, along with Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life.

Ren & Stimpy is a lot darker toned than basically every cartoon Nickelodeon has shown. I was obsessed with it when I was 9, but that might just be cause I was a messed up kid.
Hey, to each their own! I know a couple people who like that show, too. Do you have a favorite "childhood" show?
Ray Rukh

Ren & Stimpy is a lot darker toned than basically every cartoon Nickelodeon has shown. I was obsessed with it when I was 9, but that might just be cause I was a messed up kid.

Alien Cosmonaut

Scath na hOiche
Hey, to each their own! I know a couple people who like that show, too. Do you have a favorite "childhood" show?
Ray Rukh

I've had many a favourite, but Chalkzone and Powerpuff Girls stick out to me the most. Chalkzone in its later seasons wasn't that great, but the first season means a lot to me. biggrin What about yourself?
I remember watching Powerpuff Girls. I had a birthday themed that once when I was probably five or so, give or take a yearish, so that would have to have on on my list, too. Besides that, I remember getting the most into Redwall episodes and Jackie Chan Adventures. There were quite a few I remember liking (Cat Dog, Hey Arnold!, Loony Toons, and Courage the Cowardly Dog to name just a few...), but those two stand out the most to me. I actually still watch reruns of those two, and a couple of the others.

What is Chalkzone?
Ray Rukh
Scath na hOiche
Ray Rukh

I've had many a favourite, but Chalkzone and Powerpuff Girls stick out to me the most. Chalkzone in its later seasons wasn't that great, but the first season means a lot to me. biggrin What about yourself?

Alien Cosmonaut

Scath na hOiche
I remember watching Powerpuff Girls. I had a birthday themed that once when I was probably five or so, give or take a yearish, so that would have to have on on my list, too. Besides that, I remember getting the most into Redwall episodes and Jackie Chan Adventures. There were quite a few I remember liking (Cat Dog, Hey Arnold!, Loony Toons, and Courage the Cowardly Dog to name just a few...), but those two stand out the most to me. I actually still watch reruns of those two, and a couple of the others.

What is Chalkzone?
Ray Rukh
Scath na hOiche
Ray Rukh

I've always loved Hey Arnold so much. I adore Western slice of life cartoons like that and Doug.

Chalkzone was from around the same time Invader Zim came out actually, about a little artist boy who discovered magic chalk that could open portals on blackboards to a land called Chalkzone, where all chalk words/drawings/whathaveyou go when they're erased. The first season was brilliant.
It has been so long since I thought of Doug! I miss how cartoons used to be. They have changed so much, and, for the most part, for the worst.

I think I remember something like that. I will have to watch an episode or two of sometime.
Ray Rukh

I've always loved Hey Arnold so much. I adore Western slice of life cartoons like that and Doug.

Chalkzone was from around the same time Invader Zim came out actually, about a little artist boy who discovered magic chalk that could open portals on blackboards to a land called Chalkzone, where all chalk words/drawings/whathaveyou go when they're erased. The first season was brilliant.

Alien Cosmonaut

Scath na hOiche
It has been so long since I thought of Doug! I miss how cartoons used to be. They have changed so much, and, for the most part, for the worst.

I think I remember something like that. I will have to watch an episode or two of sometime.
Ray Rukh

I know what you mean. I have such vividly fond memories of older cartoons, especially older Nickelodeon stuff. Even older episodes of Spongebob had such a nice feeling to them you just don't see with cartoons anymore.
So true. Story lines are not that great in many cases, I have noticed. Like with the Loony Toons. The newer ones are more like therapy sessions--the ones I have seen, at least, and that was maybe a portion of one episode, and they ruined Scooby Doo for me by pairing up the gang in couples and adding in relationship issues.
Ray Rukh

I know what you mean. I have such vividly fond memories of older cartoons, especially older Nickelodeon stuff. Even older episodes of Spongebob had such a nice feeling to them you just don't see with cartoons anymore.

Alien Cosmonaut

Scath na hOiche
So true. Story lines are not that great in many cases, I have noticed. Like with the Loony Toons. The newer ones are more like therapy sessions--the ones I have seen, at least, and that was maybe a portion of one episode, and they ruined Scooby Doo for me by pairing up the gang in couples and adding in relationship issues.
Ray Rukh

Yes!! Everything seems to be catered to romance and the like these days. I feel like cartoons today are basically stripping kids of their childhood, in a sense. It's terribly sad.
t w a t t i
that show was pretty knockout for it's time. the humour & darkness. everythings pretty much watered down now in the industry.
the creator was alot morbid than that & if you want to see his work before Invader Zim checkout Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
it's a comic by him before the I.Z cartoon.

invade zim was such a great cartoon. if i remember correctly part of the reason it ended was because nickelodeon was having to censor too much jhonen's ideas. some other comics by the creator that I would also recommend are Squee! & the I feel sick comics. Both are part of the JTHM. : )
I know! I feel sorry that they do not get to enjoy the same type of shows, instead growing up with ones with little creativity and more soap opera material. Yes, relationships are a part of life, but a kid in the usual target audience shouldn't even care, let alone worry, about that kind of thing at their age.
Ray Rukh

Yes!! Everything seems to be catered to romance and the like these days. I feel like cartoons today are basically stripping kids of their childhood, in a sense. It's terribly sad.
I heard it was canceled because of funding. There was that 'Easter egg' of "Bloody GIR," but I read somewhere that the sponsor did not actually find out about it until the show was canceled.

I could be wrong, but that is what I have heard and/or read.
Strange Angels

invade zim was such a great cartoon. if i remember correctly part of the reason it ended was because nickelodeon was having to censor too much jhonen's ideas. some other comics by the creator that I would also recommend are Squee! & the I feel sick comics. Both are part of the JTHM. : )

Friendly Gaian

6,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
I love Invader Zim! I used to watch it all the time on tv, and I still watch my dvds. The writing on that show was phenomenal, and it is kind of disturbing how Nickelodeon has sold out with all the apparel they make (especially since it's mostly Gir) and I see young kids sporting it. I wouldn't really consider Zim a kids show, more like older teen/young adult. There are too many jokes that the younger audience just wouldn't appreciate.

Robotic Exhibitionist

I really loved Invader Zim when it first came out and I own the box set. My only complaint with the show was the lack of space episodes, but I know that was more of Nickelodeon's fault, as they really pushed the "skool" episodes. The fanbase is annoying though and remembering my Invader Zim phase makes me cringe. But it was still a good show. Had a lot of potential and was cut short in it's prime.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff