Welcome to Gaia! ::

Indi-Lei
Jovak
Indi-Lei
Jovak
I asked for the gluten free soup once.

They served it to me in a bread bowl. lol
Wow. Thats hysterical and sad at the same time. Lol did they even understand after you sent it back?
I didn't send it back.

I simply just didn't eat it.
Aw..that sucks. Places are crazy. Some one could get seriously ill..
Personally, I have Celiac. So, when they send me the "gluten-free" soup out in a bread bowl it makes me wonder if the soup isn't tainted, because the people in the kitchen are idiots/don't care. So, then I just don't want to eat there anymore, because of certain a*****e bloggers who work at restaurants and swear they will spit in anyone's food who asks for gluten free options, because they don't believe it's possible to be allergic to wheat, completely side-stepping the fact that there are people like me out there who have legitimate conditions.
KonNee-san
what happens if you ingest gluten?
agony.. for me personally, my calf muscles lock up and it becomes extremely painful to walk and I can barely move my legs. My ankles puff up and hurt and my feel also swell and its difficult to stand. i get severe chills that nothing can undo. My forearms and legs get all lumpy and each bump hurts like crazy when even my clothing brushes against it. My fingers and hands just stop working. I can't even turn on a faucet. Everything just aches extremely bad even lieing down. i can't really explain it. It sucks. It took 4 months since it started for a doctor to figure it out. In that time, as I was still eating lots of gluten, I thought I was slowly dieing of some unknown disease.

Animal Shapeshifter

28,200 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
My room mate has to avoid gluten and has to avoid anything with fiber above 2%. He's on a high protein diet because he has Crohm's which makes it hard to find anything other than meat for him to eat.
Jovak
Indi-Lei
Jovak
Indi-Lei
Jovak
I asked for the gluten free soup once.

They served it to me in a bread bowl. lol
Wow. Thats hysterical and sad at the same time. Lol did they even understand after you sent it back?
I didn't send it back.

I simply just didn't eat it.
Aw..that sucks. Places are crazy. Some one could get seriously ill..
Personally, I have Celiac. So, when they send me the "gluten-free" soup out in a bread bowl it makes me wonder if the soup isn't tainted, because the people in the kitchen are idiots/don't care. So, then I just don't want to eat there anymore, because of certain a*****e bloggers who work at restaurants and swear they will spit in anyone's food who asks for gluten free options, because they don't believe it's possible to be allergic to wheat, completely side-stepping the fact that there are people like me out there who have legitimate conditions.
Oh thats awful. Thats a good point though. I haven't had a mishap at a restaurant yet because I usually just get plain salads when i go out now but I do see a lot of people being like "psh..gluten..sure, you're allergic!". My mom has gotten sick a bunch of times at restaurants though now when she orders gluten free. I did hear about a pizza place in my area offering gluten free pizza that was using regular flour on the pans before the put them in the oven. People got really sick. They place was just like "oh, we didnt realize!"

Invisible Friend

Indi-Lei
KonNee-san
agony.. for me personally, my calf muscles lock up and it becomes extremely painful to walk and I can barely move my legs. My ankles puff up and hurt and my feel also swell and its difficult to stand. i get severe chills that nothing can undo. My forearms and legs get all lumpy and each bump hurts like crazy when even my clothing brushes against it. My fingers and hands just stop working. I can't even turn on a faucet. Everything just aches extremely bad even lieing down. i can't really explain it. It sucks. It took 4 months since it started for a doctor to figure it out. In that time, as I was still eating lots of gluten, I thought I was slowly dieing of some unknown disease.

yikes gonk
that sounds horrible.....
xXxCrystal KnightxXx
My room mate has to avoid gluten and has to avoid anything with fiber above 2%. He's on a high protein diet because he has Crohm's which makes it hard to find anything other than meat for him to eat.
Aww ..That sounds confusing and difficult. Does he have a list of the fiber percentage of things on him when he goes out? I'm sure restaurants would have no idea
KonNee-san
Indi-Lei
KonNee-san

yikes gonk
It was. I've been okay since I've learned whats up. The worst of it is that I get the same reaction from preservatives. ;u; I can't have any hersheys products at all...Its the thing that I miss the most.

Invisible Friend

Indi-Lei
KonNee-san
Indi-Lei
KonNee-san

yikes gonk
It was. I've been okay since I've learned whats up. The worst of it is that I get the same reaction from preservatives. ;u; I can't have any hersheys products at all...Its the thing that I miss the most.

D: can....can you have ACTUAL real chocolate though?

Animal Shapeshifter

28,200 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Indi-Lei
xXxCrystal KnightxXx
Aww ..That sounds confusing and difficult. Does he have a list of the fiber percentage of things on him when he goes out? I'm sure restaurants would have no idea

He knows what he can and can't eat when he goes out. He can't have pasta unless it's not wheat, taco shells, pizza (but he eats it anyway), stuff with beans, broccoli, etc. But he's thinking of just eating yogurt, ice cream, pudding, basically soft stuff because he has two back teeth that are messed up and his insurance won't cover them being fixed/pulled.
KonNee-san
Indi-Lei
KonNee-san
Indi-Lei
KonNee-san

yikes gonk

Yes but most stores don't carry it around here. I get my chocolate at Trader Joes. Its not bad but sometimes I just wish I could get a Reeses at CVS or something.

Trash Baby

22,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Magical Girl 50
They have....
gluten free...
pasta
xXxCrystal KnightxXx
Indi-Lei
xXxCrystal KnightxXx

He knows what he can and can't eat when he goes out. He can't have pasta unless it's not wheat, taco shells, pizza (but he eats it anyway), stuff with beans, broccoli, etc. But he's thinking of just eating yogurt, ice cream, pudding, basically soft stuff because he has two back teeth that are messed up and his insurance won't cover them being fixed/pulled.
That sucks. Sounds like he's adapted. Ugh insurances..
Shotgun Divorce
They have....
gluten free...
pasta

Yeah, but that's not what the restaurant gave me. They just didn't know what gluten was and were like "Okay, sure!"

Invisible Friend

Indi-Lei
KonNee-san
Indi-Lei
KonNee-san
Indi-Lei
KonNee-san

yikes gonk

Yes but most stores don't carry it around here. I get my chocolate at Trader Joes. Its not bad but sometimes I just wish I could get a Reeses at CVS or something.
yeah :c
those results sounds horrible though... too horrible to risk it
*hugs*

Animal Shapeshifter

28,200 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Indi-Lei
That sucks. Sounds like he's adapted. Ugh insurances..

I found got to mention that he can eat all the sweets he wants while on the diet as long as it doesn't have coconut or nuts. Yeah he has but it still upsets him though. The insurance he has is through the state because he has disabilities. He was going to switch but he was told he would lose the doctor he likes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff