Welcome to Gaia! ::

HtheDarkStealthDude
Elf Lord Chiew: Are you one of these ppl that claim that being gay is something that is borned with?
"Those people?"
I don't think I can claim that it's something from birth. That's debatable.
I can, however, claim that neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality is a choice.
HtheDarkStealthDude
Darkwolf618
Loki and Elf said it first, but I will reiterate; Why should you deny people basic freedoms and ostracize them just to make yourself happy?

P.S.
I have been inspired by God's word through Loki's signature.
Gaia 3:4
And God said to the Paperbacks, "b***h, please."

That's actually the problem. Christianity seems to hold up all your apparently rights of being what you are. People usually relates christianity as a prision. Ok, everybody seems to criticize the conservative christianity for that.
And I will say this. I agree that you can do whatever you want in life but you cant live being a christian and being an homosexual at the same time. That's rules of christianity.
EDIT:Talking about of the conservative churches that i'm talking about.
Do explain why just homosexuality must be a deciding factor of one's religion.

I mean, will you then say that a person can't be wealthy and Christian, because it's one of the rules of Christianity? After all, there is a quote in the Bible to the likes of "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to get into heaven."

How about being black and Christian? After all, some people believe that the mark of Cain is blackness.

Can someone not be a murderer and Christian? A Christian thief? An Intolerant Christian? A Christian who goes to church?

After all, these are all criticized in some interpretation of the Bible.

So, basically, shouldn't that mean that anyone who's capable of the thought of sin can't be Christian while having this capability? After all, on the moral scale, thinking the sin is the same as doing it.
Elf Lord Chiewn
HtheDarkStealthDude
Elf Lord Chiew: Are you one of these ppl that claim that being gay is something that is borned with?
"Those people?"
I don't think I can claim that it's something from birth. That's debatable.
I can, however, claim that neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality is a choice.

(or at least a concious choice I add)
chikushou
HtheDarkStealthDude
Darkwolf618
Loki and Elf said it first, but I will reiterate; Why should you deny people basic freedoms and ostracize them just to make yourself happy?

P.S.

That's actually the problem. Christianity seems to hold up all your apparently rights of being what you are. People usually relates christianity as a prision. Ok, everybody seems to criticize the conservative christianity for that.
And I will say this. I agree that you can do whatever you want in life but you cant live being a christian and being an homosexual at the same time. That's rules of christianity.

I mean, will you then say that a person can't be wealthy and Christian, because it's one of the rules of Christianity? After all, there is a quote in the Bible to the likes of "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to get into heaven."

How about being black and Christian? After all, some people believe that the mark of Cain is blackness.

Can someone not be a murderer and Christian? A Christian thief? An Intolerant Christian? A Christian who goes to church?

So, basically, shouldn't that mean that anyone who's capable of the thought of sin can't be Christian while having this capability? After all, on the moral scale, thinking the sin is the same as doing it.

Depends.

If you follow Pauls thought on the subject either someone is a Christian, or they are not. Beng a Christian however is simply following the new Coven established by Christ (thereby striking the Black statement because thats bigoted urben legend anyway, Christ said anyone could follow him and it's one of those dogmatic things that holds no water)
A person can be anything before they become Christian, however once they are Christian, they are Christian. One time deal no going back refunds do not apply. If you are Christian today and then not tomorow then today you were not a Christian.

Plus when looking at wat is Criticized in the Bible you also have to distinguish between the First and Second testaments. Because beyond being a nice bit of backhistory and the occasional moral thing to philosopise on the First Testament basically means Jack to Christians.

Although I am willing to argue the Weathy and Christian...
About the "camel through the eye of a needle";

This interpretation actually came from one of the sites I referenced earlier here. They used it in their introduction to prove the point that things in the Bible can mean very different things if you look at them in a historical context. Apparantly, the gateway into desert towns was called "the eye of the needle". For merchants or travellers to get their camels and wares into town, they would have to unload their camels, carry the stuff through, walk the camel through, then reload it all, as this was the only way to get everything to fit through the small opening. So, when the Bible says that eye of a needle passage, it's possible that it's just saying that it is extremely difficult for a rich person to get into heaven, not necessarily impossible, as it would be if you read the line literally and tried to fit a camel through a sewing needle.
ty_ping
chikushou
HtheDarkStealthDude
Darkwolf618

P.S.

Depends.

If you follow Pauls thought on the subject either someone is a Christian, or they are not. Beng a Christian however is simply following the new Coven established by Christ (thereby striking the Black statement because thats bigoted urben legend anyway, Christ said anyone could follow him and it's one of those dogmatic things that holds no water)
A person can be anything before they become Christian, however once they are Christian, they are Christian. One time deal no going back refunds do not apply. If you are Christian today and then not tomorow then today you were not a Christian.

Plus when looking at wat is Criticized in the Bible you also have to distinguish between the First and Second testaments. Because beyond being a nice bit of backhistory and the occasional moral thing to philosopise on the First Testament basically means Jack to Christians.

Although I am willing to argue the Weathy and Christian...
I agree with you, and I was using all those examples to indicate just how ridiculous it was for him to claim that someone can't be gay and Christian, with the implication that the two are mutually exclusive on account of homosexuality being a sin, according to some interpretations of the Bible. Likewise, accord to some people's interpretation of the Bible, other bigotries are justified. Because, as you said, Christ accepts anyone as his follower, it doesn't make sense to exclude some people.

Dapper Dabbler

Thank you for clearing all of that up.
I really do admire you now.
rainbowbelt

---------------------

I am a Christian but I follow the Bible by accepting all people and not discriminating against anyone, for any reason.

---------------------

Dapper Dabbler

[ Kurisu ]
rainbowbelt

---------------------

I am a Christian but I follow the Bible by accepting all people and not discriminating against anyone, for any reason.

---------------------

Yup yup.
rainbowbelt
[ Kurisu ]
rainbowbelt

---------------------

---------------------

Yup yup.
Hypocrisy is a many splendid art.
Question relating to the Bible, but on women rather than homosexuality.

I was having an argument on facebook concerning whether or not the Bible is sexist towards women, and, when I thought about it, I realised that I don't actually have the information to form a solid argument in that regard. I was arguing that the Bible is not necessarily sexist. Is there an argument that it might not be, or should I cede the point?
chikushou

I was having an argument on facebook concerning whether or not the Bible is sexist towards women, and, when I thought about it, I realised that I don't actually have the information to form a solid argument in that regard. I was arguing that the Bible is not necessarily sexist. Is there an argument that it might not be, or should I cede the point?
There is, but good luck defending that position.

You might cede that it's sexist, but not necessarily in favor of men.
It's interesting to note that that Levitical passage everyone's so fond of citing, for example, deals with men and not women. Clearly lesbian sex was okay.

Sounds like a female advantage to me there.

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Elf Lord Chiewn
chikushou

It's interesting to note that that Levitical passage everyone's so fond of citing, for example, deals with men and not women. Clearly lesbian sex was okay.

Well, Paul was sexist. And you could always argue about Eve being the cause of man's downfall, Delilah being Samson's death, yadda yadda. They mention stuff in Dogma. ^_^
Elf Lord Chiewn
chikushou

I have to agree with you in this one.

For most men boy&boy action seems a little grose but when it comes to girl&girl action it's cool. I really wonder why do they seem to agree with girl&girl and not with boy&boy...

Sometimes they get the better of me with that...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff