Purr purr purr. 0.32968236582694 33.0% [ 301 ]
Total Votes:[ 913 ]

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Aeronn
Odd thing happened this evening. I'm spending more than a week in hotels for conferences, so to reduce the amount of washing and whatnot for housekeeping, I stuck the privacy hanger on the door today.

Apparently that meant that this massive security guy had to come to my room this evening to make sure everything was okay. Fortunately I was dressed and decided to answer...

Is that normal? Sounds like they might have had an incident of some sort. confused
Rotarrin
Any ideas?

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Oct-Troll-Ber avatar contest winners...

Gorenza and Aeronn

Congratulations and Thank You to the terrific variety of trolls in this contest!

Keep a look out for the next contest theme! I know I'm moving slowly but I want to make this month a month of fun, costume themed contests.

Friendly Conversationalist

Yay congrats! I was really impressed by everyone's trolls.

Waffles

Gorenza
Unfortunately it's a lot more like this.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/brain/ideas.png

Rotarrin
^ Nice. Wish my mind came up with stuff like that when I was unconscious.

Post 476 for the GCC

Sounds like Coleridge and Kubla Khan, minus the opium. Cool stuff biggrin

I get trippy dreams, but never remember words like that.

Waffles

PurpleLovr
My family spent a lot of extended time in hotels for vacations before my parents bought their time share. We would use the privacy hanger constantly because my mother wouldn't even bother waking up until 1 or 2pm (even on days we were meant to go places like Disneyland, which was freaking annoying) so she'd be sleeping when the maids are supposed to come clean. We never had that problem, though there were 4 of us and the security guys often had to come anyway for noise complaints.

Really? Wow. eek My mom is the one most likely to be "late" too, but it's more like 9am, while my dad would want to leave at 7.

Merry Dabbler

What what?
Wow really?!
There where soooo many great trolls.
I didn't think mine measured up.

Sir_Catherine
Oct-Troll-Ber avatar contest winners...

Gorenza and Aeronn

Congratulations and Thank You to the terrific variety of trolls in this contest!

Keep a look out for the next contest theme! I know I'm moving slowly but I want to make this month a month of fun, costume themed contests.

Post 478 for the GCC

Merry Dabbler

Aeronn
Gorenza

Rotarrin
^ Nice. Wish my mind came up with stuff like that when I was unconscious.

Post 476 for the GCC

Sounds like Coleridge and Kubla Khan, minus the opium. Cool stuff biggrin

I get trippy dreams, but never remember words like that.

Thank you very much Aeronn!
I do wish I was better at writing poems.
I really feel I get stuck in a repetitive rhyming scheme.
Some day I hope to write something in the style of Robert Frost.

Post 479 for the GCC

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PurpleLovr
So was I. Yours had the cutest face I've ever seen on Gaia plus the background you used usually overwhelms an avatar but it worked great with yours.

Gorenza
What what?
Wow really?!
Your troll was pure classic fun and games. Made me think of the essence of DnD, which I've had on my mind of late. I'll fully admit these contests are pure subjective but yours did grab me. smile

Actually, considering yours and Aeronn's were about the most polar opposite of all the entries, I'm rather amused with my own choices.

Aeronn
PurpleLovr
My family spent a lot of extended time in hotels for vacations before my parents bought their time share. We would use the privacy hanger constantly because my mother wouldn't even bother waking up until 1 or 2pm (even on days we were meant to go places like Disneyland, which was freaking annoying) so she'd be sleeping when the maids are supposed to come clean. We never had that problem, though there were 4 of us and the security guys often had to come anyway for noise complaints.

Really? Wow. eek My mom is the one most likely to be "late" too, but it's more like 9am, while my dad would want to leave at 7.

Yes, she's broken that habit now, thankfully. (Though it was really just trading one psychosis (depression) for another (borderline personality disorder),

Sir_Catherine
PurpleLovr
So was I. Yours had the cutest face I've ever seen on Gaia plus the background you used usually overwhelms an avatar but it worked great with yours.

Gorenza
What what?
Wow really?!
Your troll was pure classic fun and games. Made me think of the essence of DnD, which I've had on my mind of late. I'll fully admit these contests are pure subjective but yours did grab me. smile

Actually, considering yours and Aeronn's were about the most polar opposite of all the entries, I'm rather amused with my own choices.

Thank you! I've never used that mouth before but I thought it just went so well. I'm really glad you thought mine was good! 3nodding

Merry Dabbler

I had donned the troll ears for quite some time with my previous avi. That avi seemed kind of a fun loving D&D troll as well. Since I was entering the contest I wanted to mix it up. Seeing your entry I was inspired to do so. I did quite like yours a great deal.

I have to admit I was quite envious of Aeronns skin tone choice for his avi.

Speaking of D&D a friend of mine posted on his Face book for help in his game. Not something I see pop up on Face book, regardless of how my friends past times so I too a look.
He wrote;

"How do you sneak up on a lvl 20 sorcerer (in complete darkness) that is currently using Mind Blank, True Seeing, and Dragonsight? True Sight 120ft, Blindsense 100ft, Darkvision 200ft, Lowlight 4x better than a human, and Mind Blank means no scrying."

I asked for more details and it turns out that it was not one foe but four. This is a 3.5 D&D game and apparently these sorcerers are Eldritch Giants. The player was not allowed time to prepare they where stalking him. Luckily he is a high level spell caster.

I saw a c***k in the enemy ability text that he could manipulate but he would have to be quite clever about the spells he chose to use if he would last more then a round or so.

A rather difficult situation for any player to encounter. Since I heard there where some D&D cravings. I wounder, how would you handle such impossible odds, in game?

Sir_Catherine
PurpleLovr

Gorenza
What what?
Wow really?!

Post 480 for the GCC
Gorenza

Heh. Yeah, I know that sensation as well... confused

Aeronn
Odd thing happened this evening. I'm spending more than a week in hotels for conferences, so to reduce the amount of washing and whatnot for housekeeping, I stuck the privacy hanger on the door today.

Apparently that meant that this massive security guy had to come to my room this evening to make sure everything was okay. Fortunately I was dressed and decided to answer...

Is that normal? Sounds like they might have had an incident of some sort. confused

As someone who has worked in a hotel for three years, I can say that no, that is *not* normal.

Something...unusual must have indeed been going to have triggered that sort of response (although offhand, I can't imagine what -- more information would be needed before I could even begin to speculate). Very strange.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Gorenza
Speaking of D&D a friend of mine posted on his Face book for help in his game. Not something I see pop up on Face book, regardless of how my friends past times so I too a look.
He wrote;

"How do you sneak up on a lvl 20 sorcerer (in complete darkness) that is currently using Mind Blank, True Seeing, and Dragonsight? True Sight 120ft, Blindsense 100ft, Darkvision 200ft, Lowlight 4x better than a human, and Mind Blank means no scrying."

I asked for more details and it turns out that it was not one foe but four. This is a 3.5 D&D game and apparently these sorcerers are Eldritch Giants. The player was not allowed time to prepare they where stalking him. Luckily he is a high level spell caster.

I saw a c***k in the enemy ability text that he could manipulate but he would have to be quite clever about the spells he chose to use if he would last more then a round or so.

A rather difficult situation for any player to encounter. Since I heard there where some D&D cravings. I wounder, how would you handle such impossible odds, in game?
Goodness! First I'd have to refresh my knowledge of what each of those spells do and then pour through the spell book and think about it a while.

But I fully intend to put this to my gaming group tomorrow. I'll let you know what, if any, ideas they come up with.

Steadfast Bibliophile

17,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Two thousand seven hundred and fifty.

Formal Cleric

12,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Member 100
Aeronn
Aikido_Tumbles
I'm not sure if my troll is going for D'nD gadget gnome or the bright haired ones one used to put on the ends of #2 pencils. xd

There's gotta be a connection somewhere, right?

I always think T-rexes were probably neon pink, because why not?

I was going for the got-caught-in-the-sun look.
Why not indeed. mrgreen

I'll be the pencil gnome a bored school girl has personalized and detailed into a totally unique creation all its own. I was never so crafty or artsy but I can imagine someone else doing such a thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff