Sleepy kitty, 0.11719605695509 11.7% [ 107 ]
Purr purr purr. 0.32968236582694 33.0% [ 301 ]
Total Votes:[ 913 ]

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I'm reading a civil forum discussion on another site and came cross this quote. Never mind the context, the words are worth sharing.

"TV Tropes reference - I'm not going to link because last time I used a TV Tropes link in the middle of a post it took me 4 hours before I finished the post..."

Edit: a little later on someone wrote...

"Since you invoked TVTropes not once but three times, I suspect the forum will become silent for several days as people get sucked into that vortex...."

Waffles

Aikido_Tumbles
I'm not sure if my troll is going for D'nD gadget gnome or the bright haired ones one used to put on the ends of #2 pencils. xd

There's gotta be a connection somewhere, right?

I always think T-rexes were probably neon pink, because why not?

I was going for the got-caught-in-the-sun look.

Friendly Conversationalist

Switching my avatar but leaving a picture of my troll one here just in case it is still needed. I just need to give myself enough time before Halloween to switch over to my spooky avi.
User Image
Sir_Catherine
I'm reading a civil forum discussion on another site and came cross this quote. Never mind the context, the words are worth sharing.

"TV Tropes reference - I'm not going to link because last time I used a TV Tropes link in the middle of a post it took me 4 hours before I finished the post..."

Edit: a little later on someone wrote...

"Since you invoked TVTropes not once but three times, I suspect the forum will become silent for several days as people get sucked into that vortex...."

That rings only too true. (Sigh...)

OG Smoker

Has anyone ever started a blog that was just supposed to be funny but turned into a social justice website that occasionally has funny posts? Because that's what my tumblr accidentally turned into.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Guy in a Gimp Suit
Has anyone ever started a blog that was just supposed to be funny but turned into a social justice website that occasionally has funny posts? Because that's what my tumblr accidentally turned into.
Can't say I've ever started a long term blog. Never been much of a journalist or diarist. Hated being forced to at various times in school, especially if the teacher had access to the writing.

Waffles

Guy in a Gimp Suit

No, but that sounds cool. Is it due to what you chose to post, or more what other people are responding to?

OG Smoker

Aeronn
Guy in a Gimp Suit

No, but that sounds cool. Is it due to what you chose to post, or more what other people are responding to?

A little of both. I don't make my own stuff; I just re log it. Lately, more and more feminist stuff has popped up

Merry Dabbler

Sir_Catherine
Guy in a Gimp Suit
Can't say I've ever started a long term blog. Never been much of a journalist or diarist. Hated being forced to at various times in school, especially if the teacher had access to the writing.

I feel much the same.
Often I feel when I sit down to do something that, is meant to entertain, it becomes a struggle.
I second guess myself. I worry that I am too focused on a notion of what I think people like. I don't like the idea that I am broadcasting an insincere novelty. I suppose I over think way too much. Good thing I haven't achieved any success doing such things. I can see myself becoming a brooding cliché in a heartbeat.

Post 474 for the GCC.

Merry Dabbler

Odd little poem? song? came to me while I was passed out on the coach.

Let me be an agent of celerity
Through the world of you
There is a mess here
That I want to break through
Don’t worry about my credentials
Don’t worry about my time
Let’s talk about it all now
Give you piece of mind
Let me be the angel of charity
Give you what you need
I don’t have much here
I will give all you see
Don’t worry about my intentions
Don’t worry about my faults
Take my hand and I will guide you
Only you I’ll exalt
Let’s lounge in the corner
Let’s go to the sea
Let’s waltz down the avenue
Just you and me
cause I am the companion to your loneliness
The comfort to your pain
I’m your agent, I’m your angel
We’ll build wealth and fame

Post 475 for the GCC
^ Nice. Wish my mind came up with stuff like that when I was unconscious.

Merry Dabbler

Unfortunately it's a lot more like this.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/brain/ideas.png

Rotarrin
^ Nice. Wish my mind came up with stuff like that when I was unconscious.

Post 476 for the GCC

Waffles

Odd thing happened this evening. I'm spending more than a week in hotels for conferences, so to reduce the amount of washing and whatnot for housekeeping, I stuck the privacy hanger on the door today.

Apparently that meant that this massive security guy had to come to my room this evening to make sure everything was okay. Fortunately I was dressed and decided to answer...

Is that normal? Sounds like they might have had an incident of some sort. confused

Merry Dabbler

That is interesting. I don't think I ever tried the privacy thing.

Privacy what's that like?

User Image
Post 477 for the GCC

Aeronn
Odd thing happened this evening. I'm spending more than a week in hotels for conferences, so to reduce the amount of washing and whatnot for housekeeping, I stuck the privacy hanger on the door today.

Apparently that meant that this massive security guy had to come to my room this evening to make sure everything was okay. Fortunately I was dressed and decided to answer...

Is that normal? Sounds like they might have had an incident of some sort. confused

Friendly Conversationalist

Aeronn

My family spent a lot of extended time in hotels for vacations before my parents bought their time share. We would use the privacy hanger constantly because my mother wouldn't even bother waking up until 1 or 2pm (even on days we were meant to go places like Disneyland, which was freaking annoying) so she'd be sleeping when the maids are supposed to come clean. We never had that problem, though there were 4 of us and the security guys often had to come anyway for noise complaints.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff