• Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
anonymous attributes
Xiam
anonymous attributes
Xiam
anonymous attributes
Xiam

If we're going to just go throwing in religious quotes here, then I might just say all things come from the Tao.

"The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things"

The chief among gods in Taoism is called the Jade Emperor, sometimes credited with creating the world. But even he originates from the Tao.

I started off with "If God" I can very well end with "Because God, if God." I mentioned the Christian God, did I not? I am in the perimeters of that. I would not ask the question if God were those three things if it were not in the scriptures to begin with.

You can say what ever you want, that is your God given free will.

It's not my God-given free will, it's my legally given free will. Which itself is under strain; if I say certain things I could get banned. cool

lol, that's cute, Anxious humorist.

Is it not accurate?

No, I don't think so, that is why I said it was cute. I thought you were making a witty joke.

We could argue that point, but I think it was be boring, don't you? nevertheless, you asked me a question. Your action will have consequences, nevertheless, its your will how you go about the choices given to you, and what was once free to you can be taken away from you by consequence and choice and you can or may end up bound by sorts.

Just because there is a consequence does not mean you are unable to make a choice, and that choice is yours.

"Pressing the red button will electrocute you. Just so you know. But hey, the choice is yours. You're free to do whatever you want."
stare
Xiam
anonymous attributes
Xiam
anonymous attributes
Xiam

It's not my God-given free will, it's my legally given free will. Which itself is under strain; if I say certain things I could get banned. cool

lol, that's cute, Anxious humorist.

Is it not accurate?

No, I don't think so, that is why I said it was cute. I thought you were making a witty joke.

We could argue that point, but I think it was be boring, don't you? nevertheless, you asked me a question. Your action will have consequences, nevertheless, its your will how you go about the choices given to you, and what was once free to you can be taken away from you by consequence and choice and you can or may end up bound by sorts.

Just because there is a consequence does not mean you are unable to make a choice, and that choice is yours.

"Pressing the red button will electrocute you. Just so you know. But hey, the choice is yours. You're free to do whatever you want."
stare

Looks like you got it all figured out. smile
Xiam
anonymous attributes
Xiam
If something is truly everywhere, then it stands to reason that it is therefore everything.

If something is truly omniscient, then it therefore holds the cumulative knowledge of everything.

If something is omnipotent, this means its strength is the cumulative power of everything.

Therefore, God is the Universe. QED.

Although God is all things and in all things, since all things come from Him. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

God is spirit.

If we're going to just go throwing in religious quotes here, then I might just say all things come from the Tao.

The chief among gods in Taoism is called the Jade Emperor, sometimes credited with creating the world. But even he originates from the Tao.
I see your Tao and raise you Tekken: the key to life!

Seriously, though, i don't understand why people go on trying to prove or disprove God.
I don't see how it would be possible to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that there is no god. There may be no reason to assume god exists from a scientific point of view, but absence of proof is not proof of absence.
On the other hand i don't see how it would be possible to prove gods existence without him actively revealing himself to the world.
The20
Xiam
anonymous attributes
Xiam
If something is truly everywhere, then it stands to reason that it is therefore everything.

If something is truly omniscient, then it therefore holds the cumulative knowledge of everything.

If something is omnipotent, this means its strength is the cumulative power of everything.

Therefore, God is the Universe. QED.

Although God is all things and in all things, since all things come from Him. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

God is spirit.

I see your Tao and raise you Tekken: the key to life!

Seriously, though, i don't understand why people go on trying to prove or disprove God.
I don't see how it would be possible to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that there is no god. There may be no reason to assume god exists from a scientific point of view, but absence of proof is not proof of absence.
On the other hand i don't see how it would be possible to prove gods existence without him actively revealing himself to the world.

said well enough, thank you.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
The20

I don't either. It's like trying to prove love or spite. It's sort of only relevant to the individual.
Cupcakes HD on youtube
anonymous attributes
If the Christian God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient, can there be absolute proof of Gods non-existence?
If he is omnipresent technically any one thing that is omnipresent would not be able to have evidence provided for it under at least one version of omnipresence. Which is if the omnipresent is everything somehow. It being everywhere at once would mean it is everything but we cannot recognize anything as it because we too are it.

But this also means if there is such a deity, one cannot prove it is their deity as if there can be no evidence for it, there cannot be evidence for any one version of this omnipresent thing over any other.

Which makes asking of the 'christian god' very redundant.

And http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/EldritchAbomination/MythologyAndReligion click abrahamic here, its a cool read. But you might think if such things existed itd be obvious to all, since the definition of eldritch abominations tends to be easily felt presence just from existing. And last I checked the bible did not mention god suspending literally all angels and demons. If their presence were so easily felt you might think they would be more than apparant, and outnumber us like how planets outnumber humans. But an idea is, what if the easily felt presence is their omnipresence or version of it. Meh im losing interest.

This thread is to exhibit the truth that you cannot prove or disprove God. Thats it.
Those three things make no difference in anything, we can't prove the existence or non existence of a deity. Neither can be proven.
Undying Light
Those three things make no difference in anything, we can't prove the existence or non existence of a deity. Neither can be proven.

Thank you! I tip you!

Well said.
anonymous attributes
Undying Light

Thank you! I tip you!

Well said.

Danke *bows*

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
If the Christian God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient, can there be absolute proof of Gods non-existence?

Yes.

The universe itself. burning_eyes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes

Yes.

Em, no God is spirit, and material is not spirit. Maybe you're god is the universe, but not the God of the Bible.

Fanatical Zealot

anonymous attributes
Suicidesoldier#1
anonymous attributes

Yes.

Em, no God is spirit, and material is not spirit. Maybe you're god is the universe, but not the God of the Bible.

Once you prove the entire universe, you prove not only all that is within, but all that could be within, and thus all that is not within.

And thus figure out if God exists. cool

Unless there's multiverses.

Then we're pretty much screwed.
The problems with the viability of the concept of omnipotence are wll known; those of omniscience, not so much. This goes so far as to concern us with the definitions of these concepts. Neither of these are very well defined concepts, to be honest.

Given certain of these definitions, however, it's easy enough to demonstrate that such a God doesn't exist. For example, God's knowing the future would seem to contradict his omnipotence (he cannot change such a future, etc.)

There is one such treatment here. And another, with quotes showing that the Bible can be used to refute the idea that the Christian God is a God of the "omnis".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff