Welcome to Gaia! ::

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Terrowva
Watervoir
Oh French, why are you so--No! NO! Stop it!! Stop extinguishing meh!! D:<

(Truthfully, I do not like this avi. I think I will change again.)
O:
It's in my nature to extinguish things... /stealth pun

Change it change it! I want to see what else you come up with.

In a relationship with Reality Fallacy

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Watervoir
O:
It's in my nature to extinguish things... /stealth pun

Change it change it! I want to see what else you come up with.
Silly girl. XD

Oh, but this one grew on me after being too busy to change it. XD
Just look me up on tektek. I have plenty of nice avis there. :]

Familiar Phantom

Neuerdings habe ich ein paar Mal versucht, eine neue Avi zu machen, aber immer denke ich, "wie fange ich mal an?" xD Und dann gebe ich auf. Aber eines Tages!

Recently I've tried a few times to make a new avi but I can never figure out where to start and then I give up xD

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Hm. Yeah, I'd love to see what else you could come up with. You've had that avi for as long as I've known you. :)

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

OH EMM GEEEEEEE. They're all so wonderful. o Ao

I like what you did with the outline of a hat and the tiger.
emotion_yatta

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Watervoir
OH EMM GEEEEEEE. They're all so wonderful. o Ao

I like what you did with the outline of a hat and the tiger.
emotion_yatta
D'aww. Thanks! :D

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Poetic Wonderland
We all thought it was pronounced like the animal but learned that two l's together make a y sound.

For me yes because I am learning Spanish and hope to eventually learn German and Chinese. Yet I find it quite fun how on the front page you have it in German and English. Perhaps ill do that to mine but with Spanish when I know enough.
Hm. Interesting.

I did it for the fun of it. I didn't think my thread would become this popular. XD I honestly thought maybe one person would bump every week or something. For people to actually take interest in this thread is a dream come true. I definitely encourage to make a Spanish quest thread. And good luck with those three languages!

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Venomous Weeble

It doesn't really come in that much handy, unfortunately.
I speak better than I read.
xD

Although I have learned to read Hangeul to about 90% proficiency.
The Japanese writing systems just don't stick with me, unfortunately.

Scots-Irish heritage, mostly.
A little Cherokee and Melungeon as well.
But we've been in the US since the late 17th Century.
My parents are actually fifth cousins.

Well, that's still pretty good. I say speaking is the hard part. Reading allows you to take your time and think while speaking is spontaneous and tricky! And don't even get me started on the Japanese writing system. Unnecessary stress. I'm already struggling with German. XD

That's pretty cool. I'm perfectly happy with the way I look, but I sometimes with I was mixed just so I'd sound more interesting. lol. But alas, both of my parents are Ghanaian and their parents as well. I think maybe one of my grandmothers was from Mali. Yay... I'm 1/8th a different kind of black! XD

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
K76
Pretty much yeah but I think if I want to learn those 5 langues: Spanish, French, Russian, Italian, and Japanese, I think that will take about 10 years xD If I could read books in Japanese I'd do it all the time! I'd love to read Russian too ninja and have cellphone conversations in Russian in crowded restaurants so everyone thinks I'm an arms dealer. I went to Japan back in the day and it was the best 2 weeks of my life.
Ugh. I gotta go to Japan before I die. And everything sounds manlier in Russian. XD Of those five, I'd say Spanish is more practical for you Americans and French for us Canadians.

Sexual_Ram's Waifu

Valiant Werewolf

Terrowva

I probably will once I learn some more Spanish!

But I know people love your thread because no one else has done something like this, and it's really cool.

Dapper Dabbler

Terrowva
CLOCK strikes NINETEEN in the LAND of . . .

xD
It's just funny to think I have any darker-skinned people among my ancestors.
I definitely got the Scots-Irish pale skin, even though my mom is olive-skinned, and my dad is a much pinker, tanner colour.
I'm just very sallow and pale, haha.

I go to school with a girl who has Native American, Caucasian, and Spanish grandparents on both sides, but she and her parents are very dark-skinned and have very "black" features.
She said that her parents are the first generation to turn out like that, even though there's very little black in their makeup.
She has the prettiest eyes, that are almond shaped, and very exotic-looking.
It's funny how genetics work sometimes.

I worry sometimes that my Melungeon ancestry will pop up hardcore in one of my kids.
We have some family members who are very racist, and I think that they would treat my child differently, even though genotypically they would be no different from any other member of the family.
D;

Are your parents from Ghana originally?

. . . LEATHER, BRASS, and blackened GEARS.

CLOUDBURST and RUIN shall be my ALBATROSSES all the DAYS of my LIFE
DIE PILOTENKÖNIG .

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Poetic Wonderland
Terrowva
I probably will once I learn some more Spanish!

But I know people love your thread because no one else has done something like this, and it's really cool.
Aww, you're so sweet. Thank-you very much. :]

Unbeatable Noob

13,525 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Partygoer 500
Venomous Weeble
I just think it's fantastic that your family's so diverse. And it's funny how genetics work. Before I joined the life science program at my uni, I assumed every kid would look like a combination of their parents, and that was the end of that. But that's not how genetics work. There are several factors to one's phenotype and I find it all so amazing. It's just unfortunate that some people are still racist this day and age. I have a couple relatives like that myself. Hopefully they'll come to love that child conditionally and remember that external appearances do not define a person.

Dapper Dabbler

Terrowva
CLOCK strikes NINETEEN in the LAND of . . .

Just genotypically, haha.
Phenotypically, there aren't really that many differences.

And my family still finds my ability to do a Punnett square amazing.
xD

It's funny because down here, in some ways, financial situations kind of dictate the race relations.
My mom's family was dirt-poor, and in the 50s and 60s so were most black people here, so they played together and got along okay.
My dad's family had money, so they didn't associate with anyone who was poor, regardless of race.
He wasn't allowed to play with a white kid once because the boy's family was poor.
That whole side of my family is pretty prickish.
I think my aunt is the only halfway decent individual out of them.
/:

. . . LEATHER, BRASS, and blackened GEARS.

CLOUDBURST and RUIN shall be my ALBATROSSES all the DAYS of my LIFE
DIE PILOTENKÖNIG .

Sexual_Ram's Waifu

Valiant Werewolf

Terrowva

I'm not sweet I'm just honest, even if it seems rude.
I'm just not good at sugarcoating things so I don't try to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff