Welcome to Gaia! ::

Human Human

Clearly, we have a time traveler in our midst. SNOOP IT UP EVERYONE.

re: Smoking
It wasn't really popular in the Regency because no matches so no lighting a cigar, cigarillo, cheroot for you when you're on the move.
But taking tobacco was! Though, it was generally reserved for the rich as a part of fashionable society for both men and women. Instead of smoking (which came into favor in the Victorian era), Regency era fancy-pants people took snuff (which is, as far as I can approximate, essentially snorting tobacco).

Maybe it's just me, but in my head, these little plump ladies in chemises and petticoats and weird shelf bra things and pretty muslin dresses kicking wolf butt is this incredibly badass picture.

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
@Thy; I am attempting to type something for the personality contest but got distract by more reading and attempt to build a character. xDD

@Morphy; Okkkiiieeee, thank you! Well, there goes that image attempt lmao. -scribbles it-

Makes sense though. I think I just need to do some more research on the time-period. xDD

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
And how about wearing shirts/vests/coats/pants? Would that be completely ridiculous?

For some reason I picture her better in men's style clothing than in those dresses....LMAO! xD

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the a** with all the questions! ^^;;

Human Human

It would be extremely, extremely, extremely scandalous, but again, historical accuracy is not a must in Wardwood. Women didn't even wear drawers, which were introduced in the early 1800's, (and those drawers were pathetic, where is the butt coverage???? They were these thin little chap-like.... things...) because they were considered too much like men's trouser pant legs. It was really racy for a woman to wear drawers under her dress, petticoat, and chemise. Drawers weren't considered a regular, necessary part of a woman's wardrobe until the Victorian era when it became imperative to cover your butt.

But again, I always answer questions from an IRL Regency perspective which is not necessary to participate in Wardwood so long as you kind of just generally fit into the era and it's norms.

And it's really not a bother. I actually have an entire thread in the guild dedicated to answering questions from an entirely historically accurate perspective because once upon a time, I would answer questions with Great Walls of Text in thread that were just terrifying.

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
Oh ok! Well no, that's totally cool, I wanna try to be accurate. It's a fun challenge! =D

Then I shall go a-digging in the guild some more, too! <3

Human Human

Got a little lost looking a blue Regency gowns. Then I found this picture from Emma and was like "Hi Jonny Lee Miller, looking good in another Austen adaptation." Then I google image searched the series and could only think this is so scandalous, but BBC is generally pretty good at historically accurate costuming. Definitely would recommend the BBC P&P miniseries with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. Those are some good costumes.

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
Oh, ok sweet! 4laugh

Thanks for all the help! n.n <3

For now I am working on sketching out face/hair/body...then I will attempt clothing.

I think my big thing is just I have no patience, so I sometimes don't try as hard as I -could- rofl

Friendly Guardian

Oh geez I need to remember to get my little bee bird certed

Bear

I need to get my kitty bee certed, too, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to think of a name. It's gotta be something suitably pretentious, along the lines of Erasmus...

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
I HAD A GENIUS MOMENT YOU GUYS....

I realized that if I am basing this chick off my own self, I CAN JUST LOOK IN THE MIRROR FOR POSING.

Why am I so dumb...? xDDD

Friendly Guardian

Lol muses work at their own speed not your fault it they took their own sweet time realizing that XD

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
I am trying very hard to be patient with this and not rush and she's coming along much better than the first try! mrgreen

I can't wait to rppppppp~ =D <3

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
I have another question!

Is it alright to roleplay your character as having a pet...not a pet from the shop/a companion, but like a dog, perhaps? owo;;

I looked through the rp rules and some of the character profile information and didn't see anything. ^^;;

Bear

Sareibear

Yup, totally a thing you can do. Answered first thing here!

Soldier of Song's Pardner

Floppy Member

yep thats allowed. several of my characters have other types of pets

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out