Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

. CHILDREN OF THE SHELL Mini-Contest .

Time for a mini-contest to gain more shells for these kiddos!
Find the prettiest shell you can to appease these miniature shell gods.
That's it! Take a photo or crib one from Google Images, upload it on your own image account,
and post it within 24 hours of this post.
The five prettiest shells in our their opinion will gain 1 shell each!

Use the following code to post your found shell, and try not to repeat shells from other players:
[color=gold][size=24][b]MY SHELLFISH SACRIFICE[/b][/size][/color]
[spoiler][img]image url here[/img][/spoiler]

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

(I want to make it clear that Maxx is the one responsible for the 'take a photo' bit, I don't know why anyone would go out and take a photo within 24hrs when you can crib one off Goog, but I'd love to see you try... XD)

Thankie for the bumpies, Syr! And thanks for deleting your post for our topper, Liri! Aww, I did see your message, no worries! We've had a pretty good run, so my dicey desires are nominally sated right now. XD The jelly event will no doubt satisfy them fully...

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Never heard of cribbing!

Unicorn

Jun D
We don't want to do this because we don't want it to go forever. We wouldn't be able to move on to a new round without it closing. What I really wanted was a game that would last about an hour or so, keeping the event on the B/C front page during low-traffic periods (like these days), which is why we wanted it in-thread rather than in-guild.

Ohhhh! Okay! See, because I had somehow gotten the impression that the problem was the game was going too fast. And I thought that you wanted to have it available to all time zones due to feeling bad for the people that weren't online when you switched the first one from 3d20 to 3d10. I totally was not reading the situation right.

But, a standard "match my number" game could go for about an hour if you use a large enough number range with the RNG instead of dice. I feel like I ruined everything for everyone with my strong distaste for long dice games. QAQ Sorry.

There totally are other options! (Like me just actually doing work and other important things instead of refreshing Phony all day.... I can't be bothered by dice games if I'm not around to see them, right?!?)

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'm not sure I know what cribbing is. XDD

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I don't know what cribbing is either XD

I'd love to go to the beach and take a picture for you guys but there is no beach in sight. If i do, it's already covered with inches of snow lolol.

@Jun.. You could try two 10sided to match numbers.. But.. That one will finish fast XD

Cribbing.. Steal one from google?

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
We don't have an ocean here! XDD And I don't own any more shells from South Padre Island. I'm going to guess that "cribbing" is to rip one off Google images so...

MY SHELLFISH SACRIFICE
User Image

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
If anyone needs me... take a number, I gotta go wash a bugbear. XDD

Ac.Wings's Wife

Romantic Humorist

Aw, I gotta say -- I did really like having dice games in order to get pets! I enjoyed the little rush that went with it and checking my roll and all that business, as well as knowing it would probably be over pretty soon. XD; I WAS really shocked the dog one went on for so much longer than the kitty one, though!

Mega Lunatic

Jun D
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Oh well, so much for that. I've actually been pushing the breedings because I. LOVE. DICE. GAMES. and felt like we've been lacking in them (rather than, yannow, the normal person way of pushing the dice games because I want the breedings). We didn't think that the chat was that big a problem since it's been pretty quiet this month, and set the last two (uh, marginally viable) rolling periods at different times for timezoning. BUT if the dice games were just annoying for everyone in the first place, we'll just stop with the whole thing, since I did all for the dice anyway, I don't want it to be like "Ugh Jun is making me jump through hoops for a pet". I don't want to just do a raffle because we do so much of that already, I don't want to do another contest we have to judge, and, unfortunately, I just can't justify gating an RNG thing (dice game) behind another RNG thing (raffle) that we'll have to handle and write up a whole bunch of new rules for that will invariably cause mass confusion, so we won't be doing that, but thanks for the well-detailed suggestion (and for responding at all XD)!

I gotta admit though, I can't believe no one else is addicted to the weird adrenaline rush of pretending you are in control of your destiny by triggering your own random integers instead of having staff trigger random integers. ಠ_ಠ

I do like dice games, Jun! I just honestly thought that matching three numbers was kinda difficult. D: As odd as that is. It looks like it'd be over quickly enough, with the integers being set only from 1-10. Maybe if you lowered the integers to like... 1-6 or 7..? That may make it go by a little quicker?

I just think it's agonizing for those participating to do so for like, 7 straight hours without any sort of result. ;; Granted, they can quit at any time they want so they're willingly putting themselves through the torture/adrenaline rush of rolling again and again (god knows I literally screamed like a banshee when I won my pupster, so I thought it was definitely worth it). Maybe setting up some sort of reward system if someone reaches 100 rolls..? I mean. It wouldn't be anything big, but like... what if we got a single phony point for reaching something like 100-150 rolls in the rng? Or 500-- I don't really know the average amount of rolls in an rng like this one. Or maybe they could get, for instance, a shell for rolling that much? Idk, it's totally just a suggestion-- Take it with a grain of salt. ; u;

Izaeah's Fav

Breedables Degenerate

How...do you not know the phrase cribbing? *lol*

To use it in a sentence:

"That jerk behind me was totally cribbing off my test!" "Ugh...this test is going to be hard. Wonder if I can crib off of Susie...she usually aces these..."

*Goes shell hunting*

Jun no prob! smile

Fashionable Rabbit

I live in the land of seashells so going out and taking a pic is easy.
Luckily I have some pretty shells at home already!

Ac.Wings's Wife

Romantic Humorist

MY SHELLFISH SACRIFICE
User Image

Colorful Contributor

The problem with the game difficulty is definitely having more than one number to match. What you gotta remember about probability is that doing more than one thing multiplies the odds - three numbers at a 1/10 chance each is kind of steep when you actually count it out! A pal of mine said it was a 6/8000 chance or something, though I could be misremembering that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff