Welcome to Gaia! ::

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Juuuuust curiouso
Paid raffle says it was updated Dec. 6th, my trade for second batch of tickets was fully accepted Dec 4th but I don't think they've been added yet? :3

Dapper Spirit

Ah! Yes fair enough! heart
Its middle of the day for Maxx, Maxx!

Jun D's Prince

Garbage Cat

zippedsiren
Ah! Yes fair enough! heart
Just went back to edit your quote for the relevant bits, posting on phone is hard. D8 The last parts you suggested sound potentially adorable - we just have to think a lot harder about dice games than I'd expected now. lol

Fea Line
Juuuuust curiouso
Paid raffle says it was updated Dec. 6th, my trade for second batch of tickets was fully accepted Dec 4th but I don't think they've been added yet? :3
Fea I'll check this at home when I get back! I might've missed your trade on my Excel sheet or not fully updated the ticket count yet. Sorry about that.

Astraea Pandora
At work on phone!
Maxx D

Astraea Pandora
At work on phone!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is Maxx at the office in my brain

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Thank you so much Maxx! No worries, promie! <3

;o; that kitty looks like my Ebony
/touches screen

Dapper Spirit

Kitty *o*

I wish cats did work in offices

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'd say use the same one with 10sided dice. It's the more achievable one. The higher it goes the crazier it gets.

And that 24hr hours might add more stress to ones with f/t jobs and other reasons ..

Edit: not sure if achievable is the word i'm looking for. Like.. Better chance to hit the three needed numbers.
Edit: i just realised i used the wrong sig banner to advertise dtech XD Will change it after i sleep.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
POSEIDON UNBOUND
107 Billion

Unicorn

Maxx D
]Noooooooo I am not doing this. Jun gave nice reasons for not doing this, but my reason is I am not at all interested in any method that will introduce more admin and my reason goes. talk2hand

Then maybe you could have a "match my roll game" but have a set cap on how many times someone can roll a day? That way, it doesn't have to be a hard number to match, but if someone can only roll X number of times, it will make the game go longer. Don't limit it to 24 hours or make any lists or any of the other extra stuff I put in my last suggestion. The dice game could go forever without really clogging the thread, and you still wouldn't have to do admin work.

Another possible solution would be to have the dice games in a guild thread like you did with the FNAF pets.

I guess, I didn't mind dice games until the Maxx Day Month last year where it was a solid month of rolls, and I was unable to chat in the thread that entire time. It really felt like I was being cut off from my only friends for the event's duration. Even if I don't post constantly, I still read the thread constantly.

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
*snuggles in*

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
A designated roll thread in the guild like we did before for the FNAF stuff sounds reasonable.
People have tabs open for stuff all the time.

My dice games are "match my numbers OR my sum" in my threads.

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

FrostyPeaches
I'd say use the same one with 10sided dice. It's the more achievable one. The higher it goes the crazier it gets.
(Frosty I read the two images in conjuction at first...) The dice games have been going on with 10-sided! ;A; It's just...the results were very different...
StarieMichie
Then maybe you could have a "match my roll game" but have a set cap on how many times someone can roll a day? That way, it doesn't have to be a hard number to match, but if someone can only roll X number of times, it will make the game go longer. Don't limit it to 24 hours or make any lists or any of the other extra stuff I put in my last suggestion. The dice game could go forever without really clogging the thread, and you still wouldn't have to do admin work.

Another possible solution would be to have the dice games in a guild thread like you did with the FNAF pets.

I guess, I didn't mind dice games until the Maxx Day Month last year where it was a solid month of rolls, and I was unable to chat in the thread that entire time. It really felt like I was being cut off from my only friends for the event's duration. Even if I don't post constantly, I still read the thread constantly.
I don't mean to sound like I'm shooting down all suggestions, but I want to explain our rationale. We don't want to do this because we don't want it to go forever. We wouldn't be able to move on to a new round without it closing. What I really wanted was a game that would last about an hour or so, keeping the event on the B/C front page during low-traffic periods (like these days), which is why we wanted it in-thread rather than in-guild. The problem of course is that even a 3d10 game has proven to have vastly different outcomes, with the first going way too fast and the second way too slow. (Also, I actually don't really like having too many things go on in the Guild only, which always feels really closed off to me for some reason, and we have a couple of Guild-based things this event already).

But in any case, being that your post and short's agreement were the only responses when I first asked the question, I think I can safely assume that the dislike outweighs the general favourability/okay-ness later expressed (which I really appreciate, guys, thanks for validating my crazy obsession with dice games, haha), and we'll just pack it in for this event. We don't do dice games in-thread often (I think this is the first time we've done one since, yeah, May last year), so nobody's gonna really miss what was never really here, we've already had two rounds, and the jelly event is still on. There's no point clogging up the thread for my personal desires.

So make sure you guys post often and keep us bumped ok I'll start you guys off with a shell mini-contest, page-topper pls! Q_Q

EDIT: Oops I typed this up before I saw your post, Syr, but yeah as above. XD

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Quick Reply