Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Those little phony sculptures are so adorable! <3

Unicorn

Oh man, I'm so dumb. I have been thinking for the last two days that Ender and Taquita had a Halloween wedding, but they totally got married at Christmas.

So Halloween isn't Lemure's birthday at all. emotion_facepalm

Well, whatever. She's still throwing a Halloween party.
Oh yeah, Lemure was born in January XD! I marked everyone's B-Day on the phony family tree

Unicorn

Just an excuse for her to have more parties.

Although, Taquita is a Halloween baby. And of course, her lovely wife is also.

Kind of interesting to note though that even the Phony population has grown so much since that first breeding raffle, there were only 15 singles entered in the most recent raffle vs the original's 13. Couples grew to 18 from 11. Which I guess means that even though we've had people come and go, the number of regulars that participate in breeding events has likely dropped slightly over time. Since we can each enter up to three times in breedings, but in the first raffle, (almost) no one had three Phonies to enter, meaning there must have been more individuals. If you look at the most recent breeding raffle entries, there are a lot of repeat names. But without knowing the first breeding raffle's list, this is speculation more than anything.

Given the fact that Gaia itself has had an activity drop, I'd say we're doing more than alright. Some people who were more active here in the early days have left the site entirely.

At the time of the first raffle, our Phony population was about 37, if my counting is correct. Now it's.... a lot more. But a few of us have 10+ Phonies, which is what would be anticipated, I guess, for people actively participating in a shop for almost four years. IE: A lot of the same people winning because they've been consistently entering every event for a long duration of time. And it perpetuates insofar as being able to enter the max of three Phonies in breeding raffles naturally increases your odds of winning more frequently.

Then again, weddings are a huge factor since you need to be active enough to have a couple to get a wedding, you're likely going to be active enough to grow your babben to an adult who can then themselves breed. Even though there were no RP requirements to get married until recently, all the couples that have been married have had some amount of RP (just some more than others). Although no wedding has had 100% growth rate yet despite there being more babbens produced (of which Jun is probably thankful).

And the longest running (IE highest gen) lines we have running are the TACO Puff and Super Lemon families, both of which are in their 3rd Gen of ancestors. Which, again, would be on pace for a shop that has been around and active for four years. Knockout, Shirll X, and Singsong are currently the only Old Enough 3rd Gen Phonies. It's also interesting that those two families have yet to cross.

Which means Knockout should consider dating Shirll X or Singsong. For science.

But I guess my point in all of this is what we already know, which is that Phony has a core group of very active (sometimes very obsessive) regulars. And we all love Maxx and Jun very much (sometimes very obsessively).

[EDIT] Oh ********, not one minute after posting this did I realize that Cast Aweigh is also 3rd Gen, meaning that the original Sleepy Pickles are also in with the other longest running families, but they have bred into the TACO Puff line. Which just reinforces that the Super Lemons need to cross the streams.

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Michie that was the most beautiful summation of breeding and generations. And I remember that roll for the TACO Puffs! I think you and I had be having fun in thread with Scent Puff and TACO Rp, basically showing how much she hated him, then they get rolled as a breeding pair. XD

And I agree, more families must integrate. I feel like Scent and TACO's line is turning into the Borg XD

Dapper Spirit

Astraea Pandora
Nev: m..more boyfriends?! what..makes you think I have a lot of boyfriends /sweats

Wisp: You've always had boys after you, you're enchantingly beautiful. It's only natural.

Atmadja

And omgggg Wisp dating! Anyone on your wish list for her, Zip?

Actually not really? There's loads I think are beautiful, but I have more a wishlist of colors I think be'd nice with hers (like black, dark blues and greens, white, cream, other browns. Pastels would looks nice too, but I love gemtones or neutrals). Or spooky/mutants too.

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
After clicking Michie's link I started skipping forward and found the post where the TACO Puffs and the Angry Cogs popped out of their packs. It was page 666. XD!!!!!

Dapper Spirit

Ahhaha! That seems very ominous!

Fashionable Rabbit

Aren't the Knotty or Nices third gen?

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
elvyralani
Aren't the Knotty or Nices third gen?

Yes Michie eddited her post showing Cast Aweigh being 3rd gen ^_^ And actually we have a set of 4th gens with the Twilight Babbens but they aren't grown yet.

Dapper Spirit

Revenant is another 3rd Gen adult! In the interest of Science, Rev and Knockout could get together, mix streams, and pass that ghost gene to some pegs.

That reminds me Bya! Belldandy has all her reqs I think, so sometime in the near future there'd be that adult 4th!

Ac.Wings's Wife

Romantic Humorist

Man, that's a really awesome post, Michie! Wouldn't the potential BC x Sweet Surrender mixture work out in crossing the streams? O uO

Also, it makes me wanna see what other fams would make for interesting couples/tree crossovers…

Ac.Wings's Wife

Romantic Humorist

I got so tied up in that I forgot to reply! Zip, there are definitely loads that could be goooooorgeous with Wisp… I'd love to see her go on a date or two! I think Latte with her would be gorgeous, color-wise! Also Ikebana, although that's crack.

Astraea Pandora's Fangirl

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
*clings to the thread*

Unicorn

You know, I knew the Twilight babbens were 4th Gen, and then I somehow forgot that while looking at the all the batches. That's what I get for second guessing myself.

I was mostly concerned though with the first part of my post about how breeding entries have not grown at the same rate at the Phony population. I just think it's an interesting thing to consider.

And yeah, Atma, if BC and Sweet Surrender are rolled, that would cross the streams. xd It just hasn't happened yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff