Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I have to wear glasses all the time.

But as for a favorite sandwich? I don't know that I have one.

Ladykiller

My favorite sammich is pastrami with pickles slices and mustard. :9 Very sour, but with a side of pink lemonade, oh, so good~~

Much Wolf

oooh pastrami <3
haven't thought to try it with pickles o:
*makes note of that combo*

Vicious Firestarter

my favorite sandwich is chicken bacon ranch wrap with pickles and lettue

Vicious Firestarter

I've worn glasses since I was in third grade. I can't stand contacts...

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Roserain
Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Ack, I hate hate hate when that happens.
The past two weeks my face broke out for the first time in several months.
Culprit?
New shampoo, of all things. *angry*

But yea, for stubborn spots, I've found that tea tree works amazing. A little drop and it makes it sooo much better.

As for the tablet, I've never used anything by Apple, not even an ipod, I've just never been able to; they frustrate the crap outta me. I hear the ipad's worth it though, and the only real complaint I've heard is that battery sucks. True?
I've been pondering waiting for the Kindle Fire 2. I don't know though, I got a kindle e-reader when they first came out, and honestly? Used it for about three months. I am so bad about charging things. xD;;

But having seen what a tablet can do, I'm very, very curious. |D

Where the heck do you get tea tree oil? I've heard people swear by it for many things, but I can't find it anywhere but 20th item down on ingredient lists.

The ipad is the only apple I own, other than the stuff in the fruit bowl. The battery? I plug it in when I sleep. Never had an issue. ...wait, no, take that back. One day when I used it for two hours watching youtube anime during workout, then went out for five hours and continued watching stuff, chatting on Gaia, etc, I did end up plugging it in because the battery was down to about a quarter or so. But....honestly? It's got about the battery life I expect from a mobile device. Not as good as the claims on the box, but pretty darn good, as long as you don't honestly expect to be able to watch ten hours of video on a single charge.

I got an ipod because my family...we don't rush out and buy gadgets, tending to just get what we need, when we need it. But when we get a gadget, we get the best one. My dad has been offering to buy me an iphone for christmas/bday every year since the first one came out. But I knew I wouldn't use a phone like that at that point. For years, I had a phone that couldn't even text. When I upgraded, I ended up choosing a monthly no contract phone that has a clamshell design with a keypad I like, and isn't quite able to handle downloading apps, at least as far as I can figure out. It works. (Dad is still asking if I want an iphone. ....I may give in, when this one breaks in a year or three.)

When I said I wanted to get a tablet, I researched, and decided that if I was going to plunk down that much dough, I might as well go the extra bit, and get the best. I'm glad I did. I don't think I would be using a budget tablet nearly as much. If you really want a tablet, and you have a shoestring budget, go for the kindle fire. I hear it is very good for that price point. But it is a budget tablet, so it's not going to do everything. ipads do everything a tablet can do, have the biggest support network, and largest userbase. If you want to save money, go for the last gen, which is virtually the same, but has a lower res camera and screen that is supposedly not quite as good. Chances are, you won't be able to tell the difference. They showed me a side by side "look how much shinier the new one is!" comparison at the store, and I couldn't tell the difference.

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
Nanashi Kage Enjeru
mewrose
I got my badge surprisingly easily. Now I'm in a panel about comics collection development. I also went to one about using superheros in library programs. smile

Nice! Is it interesting? And it looks like you are getting reception!

Yeah, some fun ideas at these. Reception is slow, and I have no idea if phone would work, but internet seems to connect tolerably well.

Note to self: look up jmanga. It sounds useful.

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I wear sunglasses when I drive, so I don't squint and get wrinkles. Habits now will pay off later! biggrin

Favorite sandwich? .....pastrami with pepperjack. But I haven't had one in......I don't even know. Stupid diet. But it's working, I just have to remember that! Favorite sandwich that I can eat now? Turkey with baby spinach, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and olives! It has a lot of crunch and the olives really add a nice bit of flavor!

Ladykiller

Yeesh, I can't stand contacts either. I discussed it with my parents and they are rooting for me to get a pair, but I just wave my hands and say heck no. The very idea of putting something in my eye doesn't fair well with me. Not with all of the horror movies/mangas I've read. rofl ;

Adorable Trickster

I used to wear glasses all the time, back in junior high, but then I stopped and my eyesight actually went back to 20/20. xD Superhuman regenerative powers, here.

Morning all.

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
mewrose
Nanashi Kage Enjeru
mewrose
I got my badge surprisingly easily. Now I'm in a panel about comics collection development. I also went to one about using superheros in library programs. smile

Nice! Is it interesting? And it looks like you are getting reception!

Yeah, some fun ideas at these. Reception is slow, and I have no idea if phone would work, but internet seems to connect tolerably well.

Note to self: look up jmanga. It sounds useful.

Cool, glad to hear it! Make sure to tell us all about your panels and stuff!

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Oh, I ended up in the local paper! But not the online version, still no pictures of Nashi on the net! blaugh

Much Wolf

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Where the heck do you get tea tree oil? I've heard people swear by it for many things, but I can't find it anywhere but 20th item down on ingredient lists.

The ipad is the only apple I own, other than the stuff in the fruit bowl. The battery? I plug it in when I sleep. Never had an issue. ...wait, no, take that back. One day when I used it for two hours watching youtube anime during workout, then went out for five hours and continued watching stuff, chatting on Gaia, etc, I did end up plugging it in because the battery was down to about a quarter or so. But....honestly? It's got about the battery life I expect from a mobile device. Not as good as the claims on the box, but pretty darn good, as long as you don't honestly expect to be able to watch ten hours of video on a single charge.

I got an ipod because my family...we don't rush out and buy gadgets, tending to just get what we need, when we need it. But when we get a gadget, we get the best one. My dad has been offering to buy me an iphone for christmas/bday every year since the first one came out. But I knew I wouldn't use a phone like that at that point. For years, I had a phone that couldn't even text. When I upgraded, I ended up choosing a monthly no contract phone that has a clamshell design with a keypad I like, and isn't quite able to handle downloading apps, at least as far as I can figure out. It works. (Dad is still asking if I want an iphone. ....I may give in, when this one breaks in a year or three.)

When I said I wanted to get a tablet, I researched, and decided that if I was going to plunk down that much dough, I might as well go the extra bit, and get the best. I'm glad I did. I don't think I would be using a budget tablet nearly as much. If you really want a tablet, and you have a shoestring budget, go for the kindle fire. I hear it is very good for that price point. But it is a budget tablet, so it's not going to do everything. ipads do everything a tablet can do, have the biggest support network, and largest userbase. If you want to save money, go for the last gen, which is virtually the same, but has a lower res camera and screen that is supposedly not quite as good. Chances are, you won't be able to tell the difference. They showed me a side by side "look how much shinier the new one is!" comparison at the store, and I couldn't tell the difference.

Hm, when I lived in NY I could find tea tree oil in the grocery store Wegmans, which was awesome.

Otherwise, I often see it as The Body Shop which is pretty common in malls. Otherwise, I know you can order it at wal-mart x3
I bet GNC would carry it too, now that I'm thinkin' about it.

And my dad is one of those people that has to have the latest everything, as soon as it comes out.
Except Apple things.
Though I never bothered to ask him who made his tablet. I just know he has one. But him toting about a new electronic is about as common as the sunset so. *shrug*

Ok, so if you've never used other iThingies before, is it hard to adapt to the iPad? Does it get annoying or lack in customization ability? How does it compare to say, a netbook?

Does the configuration feel natural? That's oddly the biggest turn off for me with Apple things, it feels all wrong. But honestly? I haven't seen an iPad yet, so I might just be pressing biases on the company rather than the device.

What kind of charger does it need? mini-usb?
/millions of questions I'm so sorry Dx

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Qixel
I used to wear glasses all the time, back in junior high, but then I stopped and my eyesight actually went back to 20/20. xD Superhuman regenerative powers, here.

Morning all.

Morning Qix! I was very farsighted as a small child. After learning to read, my eyesight started to correct itself even when I didn't wear my glasses. Eventually it was completely corrected, and I no longer wear glasses.

Adorable Trickster

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Oh, I ended up in the local paper! But not the online version, still no pictures of Nashi on the net! blaugh

>Tries to have no pictures on the interwebz
>Fearful of the possibility of wrinkles

/headsplosion/

xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items