• Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Roserain
'Grats Nana and Mew! biggrin

-------
Nashi~
What kind of tablet? x3
I've been wanting to get one (not just the flat thing I draw on, but the lil' computer you take with you kind) but I'm not sure.

Sorry I poofed. Had to take workout buddy home, then had to hit store to get some small bandaids. I've got the zit that won't quit, and I need to cover it up so I don't poke it. afafjkldhfasdf *annoyed muttering* I hate it when my face acts up. :<

Aaaaaaanyway, I have the new iPad. So far, I like it a lot. It's small enough to fit in a large purse, unlike my laptop, and when combined with an external keyboard, can effectively function as a somewhat limited laptop. I wouldn't want to attempt to use post formats with it, but it is great for bringing everywhere with me so I can do stuff while I'm out. If you don't have the (expensive, limited data) cell plan for it, you need a hotspot, but any McDonalds or coffee shop will have that, so it really isn't too big of a problem. Sometimes it is a little glitchy, lately it doesn't like the refresh button on gaia, but I can just click the page number instead. Most problems I've found, I've also eventually figured out a workaround for. Oh, one thing. Flash. iPad does not support it. Get Photon flash browser. Problem solved. Photon is a bit slow in flash mode, but it's usable, which is both expected (it sends the page to a remote server, makes the flash work, and sends the flash content back, so it takes a moment!) and more than the default browser can say.

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Okay. People. I want to get to 4750 today. That is the goal. To entice people, every time the page number ends with 0, I'm giving out a giftbox to someone on that page. If we pass '50 today, I'll start giving out trunks.

Ladykiller

I have no interest in the gift boxes/trunks, but if we could get passed '50 today, it'd be awesome. :9

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
I got my badge surprisingly easily. Now I'm in a panel about comics collection development. I also went to one about using superheros in library programs. smile

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
-rolls around- owo

Much Wolf

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Ack, I hate hate hate when that happens.
The past two weeks my face broke out for the first time in several months.
Culprit?
New shampoo, of all things. *angry*

But yea, for stubborn spots, I've found that tea tree works amazing. A little drop and it makes it sooo much better.

As for the tablet, I've never used anything by Apple, not even an ipod, I've just never been able to; they frustrate the crap outta me. I hear the ipad's worth it though, and the only real complaint I've heard is that battery sucks. True?
I've been pondering waiting for the Kindle Fire 2. I don't know though, I got a kindle e-reader when they first came out, and honestly? Used it for about three months. I am so bad about charging things. xD;;

But having seen what a tablet can do, I'm very, very curious. |D

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Vicious Firestarter

It would be awesome if we got to '50 today.

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
mewrose
I got my badge surprisingly easily. Now I'm in a panel about comics collection development. I also went to one about using superheros in library programs. smile

Nice! Is it interesting? And it looks like you are getting reception!

Ladykiller

Random discussion topic just to get a few more posts in: how many of you wear glasses regularly (as in, most of time, not just to read/see something)?

I do, though if I take a picture of myself, I take them off to avoid a glare. They're ovalish and totally nerdy, but I love glasses/those who wear glasses. :9

Much Wolf

Random Question!

Favorite Sandwich? O:

-----------------------------
edit:

I wear glasses, but only when driving, playing a game, reading, etc etc.

Anything that requires actual reading ability xD

My glasses don't have frames around the lens, and are very minimalistic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff