Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hmm.. they just seem to be restless in their current cage.

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
why don't you test it out in the room you let them out in? ..... it all depends on if they can squeeze their heads through the bars, i've never dealt with different width sizes of bars, we generally have just one standard size for them for small animal cages

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

that's what mine are in at the moment but i think i'm going to get a bigger cage since i now have 4 rats to be fitting into the cage...
You know.. I could do that seeing as they have their own room and everything. surprised
Revel1984
why don't you test it out in the room you let them out in? ..... it all depends on if they can squeeze their heads through the bars, i've never dealt with different width sizes of bars, we generally have just one standard size for them for small animal cages

So I did this.. rofl Thank you so much for suggesting it.

Not only did I re-confirm my previous thoughts about 1" bar spacing being FAR TOO BIG for rats of this age, but Merry found a loose bar and pushed it out of the way to make a quick escape through the 2" opening. Pippin on the other hand wasn't as clever.. in fact he almost choaked himself out. sweatdrop Good thing I was supervising this! Pippin had squeezed his head through one of the bars on a wall next to the wall he was climbing on, but when he started moving the front half of his body he didn't really realize how high up that bar was. So, the bottom half of his body fell limp above the platform and he was stuck dangling front end out of the cage and back end in. xp I had to stick my hand into the cage to support his back end and push his front shoulders back into the cage so he would pull his head safely in.

Oh Pippin.

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Rikkuma

Just glad i could help XD

silly Pippin ... but in LOTR he wasn't known for being particularly smart either.. lol getting himself and everyone into trouble, so i'd say he lived up to his namesake XD
Revel1984
Just glad i could help XD

silly Pippin ... but in LOTR he wasn't known for being particularly smart either.. lol getting himself and everyone into trouble, so i'd say he lived up to his namesake XD

rofl 3nodding

Yep. I thought he might.

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I'm sorry but if it's not too much trouble, would someone please point me to the Raffle drop offs with my babeh-Rattie in them?? I seem to have misplaced that page, and am just totally confused today too, so that would be really awesome...?

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

xD Aww rattie escape artists!

Dapper Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Gin Rin
This one Sith? o:

lol yes and it was only 3 pages back sweatdrop

Dapper Lunatic

Nezumi is kinda quiet recently, Fen and Rose are too busy with RL. x_x

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Gin Rin
Nezumi is kinda quiet recently, Fen and Rose are too busy with RL. x_x

Actually - do these rat pups need to be listed in the certing thread as the pups of the "Mad Mother" doe, and still be wild rats? I'm totally confused right now, had a rough cuple of days and I am also typing on a keyboard in my lap while watching Torchwood on Netflix... @_@ don't mean to be asking you to do all the searching for me but I have really no idea how to do much of anything... and I'm not really able to see the monitor right now (long practice at touch typing is how I'm typing this lol..)

Blessed Friend

9,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
The 'Mad Mother" doe was a tamepelt, so they're not wild. I don't know about certing but I believe I also saw stated that the genders were 'a mystery' untill they grow.

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I'm not certing pinkies, i'll cert them once they're pups, i'm sure someone got the mother so those that got pups from her, can find out what the mother's name is, i will put it on their cert when i do cert them.

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Revel1984
I'm not certing pinkies, i'll cert them once they're pups, i'm sure someone got the mother so those that got pups from her, can find out what the mother's name is, i will put it on their cert when i do cert them.

Ok thank you - I was having a pretty weird/distracted night last night lol... All I could think was "Rattie needs a name and cert" lol... Not realizing the difference between pinkies and pups

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff